Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-10-2019, 14:30   #1
Dots1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,261
What highly owned players haven’t delivered yet?

Just observing an awful lot of players seem to chop and change their teams and get rid of players mistakenly to rush in players who’ve had one or two good weeks and then only offer blanks. Like expecting a crap team like Norwich to have Pukki banging in goals every week being an obvious example. Pukki is a very good player but he plays for a crap team so expecting big hauls consistently is not going to happen.

Therefore players like Grealish and Pulisic were got rid of by most managers by the time they delivered.

What I’m trying to think of is what valued players haven’t delivered yet and will they deliver running up to Christmas In the way Pulisic and Grealish have?

My list is

Fraser
Jota
Pepe
Zaha
Alli
Eriksen
Lingard
Glenn Murray

Of the above list I think Jota offers the best value.
Dots1982 is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-10-2019, 14:35   #2
callaway92
Registered User
 
callaway92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,724
Surely Raúl Jiminez?
callaway92 is online now  
30-10-2019, 14:53   #3
Dots1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by callaway92 View Post
Surely Raúl Jiminez?
Maybe but he’s on more points than Son (43>41) so he’s doing ok. I’m kind of referring to lads who haven’t really caught fire at all.
Dots1982 is offline  
30-10-2019, 14:56   #4
Dots1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,261
Siguardsson and Digne probably as well.
Dots1982 is offline  
30-10-2019, 15:33   #5
GetWithIt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,624
Digne delivered for the first few weeks. Everton have terrible fixtures coming up.

But he should be getting more attacking points considering his role
GetWithIt is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2019, 15:36   #6
Dots1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetWithIt View Post
Digne delivered for the first few weeks. Everton have terrible fixtures coming up.

But he should be getting more attacking points considering his role
Yeah he’s arguable either way.
Dots1982 is offline  
30-10-2019, 16:07   #7
Shanotheslayer
Registered User
 
Shanotheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots1982 View Post
Just observing an awful lot of players seem to chop and change their teams and get rid of players mistakenly to rush in players who’ve had one or two good weeks and then only offer blanks. Like expecting a crap team like Norwich to have Pukki banging in goals every week being an obvious example. Pukki is a very good player but he plays for a crap team so expecting big hauls consistently is not going to happen.

Therefore players like Grealish and Pulisic were got rid of by most managers by the time they delivered.

What I’m trying to think of is what valued players haven’t delivered yet and will they deliver running up to Christmas In the way Pulisic and Grealish have?

My list is

Fraser
Jota
Pepe
Zaha
Alli
Eriksen
Lingard
Glenn Murray

Of the above list I think Jota offers the best value.
Why was Grealish compared to Pukki in terms of crap teams? It reads that you're saying Grealish was always going to haul big because he plays for a good team?

There is also a lot of other factors involved. Fixtures being a main one. Of the list you made there's a lot of valid reasons for them.

Fraser - Expected more.
Jota - Europa League
Pepe - New Signing
Zaha - Expected more
Alli - Spurs ongoing issues. Been sh1te for over a year
Eriksen - Spurs ongoing issues. Doesn't even want to be at the club
Lingard - Does he even play?
Glenn Murray Expected more.
Shanotheslayer is offline  
30-10-2019, 16:28   #8
Dots1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanotheslayer View Post
Why was Grealish compared to Pukki in terms of crap teams? It reads that you're saying Grealish was always going to haul big because he plays for a good team?

There is also a lot of other factors involved. Fixtures being a main one. Of the list you made there's a lot of valid reasons for them.

Fraser - Expected more.
Jota - Europa League
Pepe - New Signing
Zaha - Expected more
Alli - Spurs ongoing issues. Been sh1te for over a year
Eriksen - Spurs ongoing issues. Doesn't even want to be at the club
Lingard - Does he even play?
Glenn Murray Expected more.
I think Grealish and Pukki will both haul big but it’s just the approach a lot of managers take to bring in Pukki when the chances of him being able to maintain those numbers from early season were low when he has such a bad team around him.

Basically it seems manager’s just bring in whoever is going well in the first few weeks and now after 10 weeks basically every player is pulling the weight of their price apart from the few I mentioned so was there any real point running to the early season trailblazers after 2 or 3 weeks.

Does it actually cost a lot of teams points? I basically think a lot of players make far too many transfers to put a point in it.
Dots1982 is offline  
30-10-2019, 17:10   #9
Shanotheslayer
Registered User
 
Shanotheslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 12,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dots1982 View Post
I think Grealish and Pukki will both haul big but it’s just the approach a lot of managers take to bring in Pukki when the chances of him being able to maintain those numbers from early season were low when he has such a bad team around him.

Basically it seems manager’s just bring in whoever is going well in the first few weeks and now after 10 weeks basically every player is pulling the weight of their price apart from the few I mentioned so was there any real point running to the early season trailblazers after 2 or 3 weeks.

Does it actually cost a lot of teams points? I basically think a lot of players make far too many transfers to put a point in it.
So in your first post you say Pukki is a very good player but he plays for a crap team so expecting big hauls consistently is not going to happen. Surely the same applies to Grealish?

Then you say that you expect Grealish and Pukki to both haul big?

To put into perspective Pukki had 49 points in the first 5 weeks. As you expected a big haul I assume you had him in since GW1. Grealish had 14 points in this period.

GW6-10 Grealish scored 29 points. Pukki scored a total of 8.

So essentailly Grealish was sh1te for 5 weeks, Pukki sh1te for 5 weeks. Managers bring in players who are good at the time.

Sterling will likely score 200-250+ points this season. Put he could be crap for a few games and then go on run and rack up 70 points in 5 weeks.

Your point boils down to ''Is taking hits worth it?'' and the only way for you to know that is if you track it. I tracked mine last year for a few weeks and mine was positive of about +4-6 points.

This year I have only taken my first hit now after GW10 for a -4.
Shanotheslayer is offline  
Advertisement
30-10-2019, 17:12   #10
The Phantom Jipper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 447
Siggy is the big one for me, he's had a wretched season. I had high hopes for Perez aswell who hasn't delivered, except for his recent hat trick to make a liar out of me.
The Phantom Jipper is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet