Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-10-2019, 14:29   #1
Prominent_Dawg

Online returns

I ordered something online and it has exceeded the time limit granted to be returned, so I'm told the order can't be accepted back, I'd usually just sent it back anyway and It wouldn't be an issue, but the return label is not include in the order and has to be requested, am I not at least entitled or an exchange or credit note?
Advertisement
24-10-2019, 14:30   #2
whippet

is there a problem with the product?

If there isn't a fault and it's just a change of mind you are not entitled to anything (outside of the legal cooling off period)
24-10-2019, 14:36   #3
Hoboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prominent_Dawg View Post
I ordered something online and it has exceeded the time limit granted to be returned, so I'm told the order can't be accepted back, I'd usually just sent it back anyway and It wouldn't be an issue, but the return label is not include in the order and has to be requested, am I not at least entitled or an exchange or credit note?
As you've not mentioned it being faulty, I presume it's not.

You have 14 days to notify the business and a further 14 to return an item, after that unless they offer extended terms, you're entitled to nothing.
24-10-2019, 14:52   #4
Xterminator

that 14 days only applies to good purchased in the EU. Thats not been specified.

if outside of the EU check the T's&C's on sellers website and use that as your guide for what you are entitled to/what their process is.
24-10-2019, 15:02   #5
Prominent_Dawg

No I was away at the time and was one day out requesting the return label, however the item is still in stock
Advertisement
24-10-2019, 15:08   #6
Hoboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xterminator View Post
that 14 days only applies to good purchased in the EU. Thats not been specified.

if outside of the EU check the T's&C's on sellers website and use that as your guide for what you are entitled to/what their process is.
Very true, I assumed the OP would be purchasing from EU as they 'usually send stuff back'. But then again, who knows where the OP is, or even where the business is located as you rightly say....all too vague.

OP, if you're delivery address is in the EU read https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/

Buying from EU and external based businesses is covered.
24-10-2019, 16:11   #7
coylemj

Quote:
No I was away at the time and was one day out requesting the return label, however the item is still in stock
Your legal right to return the goods has nothing to do with whether it's still on offer for sale by the retailer.

You haven't said that there is a fault with the item, despite prodding by multiple posters (posts #2 and #3). If there isn't, you don't have the right to return it once the cooling off period has expired.
Thanks from:
24-10-2019, 16:19   #8
ksceniaonegina

If you email them with a good reason they should help you out usually
24-10-2019, 16:23   #9
Prominent_Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by coylemj View Post
You haven't said that there is a fault with the item, despite prodding by multiple posters (posts #2 and #3).
Because there isn't!
Advertisement
24-10-2019, 16:28   #10
Dav010

Quote:
Because there isn't!
This is an important fact on which your entitlements are based. If there is no fault in the item, returns entitlements for items bought in the EU are dependent on distance selling regs. If you are outside the timeframe allowed to return an item, you have no entitlement to return it.
24-10-2019, 16:41   #11
Prominent_Dawg

Ok thanks everyone!
25-10-2019, 10:00   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
This is an important fact on which your entitlements are based. If there is no fault in the item, returns entitlements for items bought in the EU are dependent on distance selling regs.
One slight amendment - returns entitlements are the greater of:
  • distance selling regs
  • store policy
For example, adidas.ie allow for returns up to 30 days after you receive your order. They can't then turn around after 20 days and say you're outside the distance selling regs, they are also legally bound by their policy
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion