Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

august2020

• 24-11-2019 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all,

big fat positive today, im only 3 weeks 1 day. excited but incredibly nervous, 4th pregnancy.. i have a 4 year old, a MMC almost 18months ago and we also lost our little boy at 16 weeks last summer (reason unknown). so I am terrified.

so far all is good. bloating and a bit hormonal today. rollercoasted no4. due date 9/8/20...

anyone joining me??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭History Queen

I'll join! Just had positive today. Very excitedand a little but nervous. This is my second pregnancy, I have a 19 month old. Sorry to hear of your losses. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Oh god I think I'm pregnant. Months of wanting too but had settle I'm best not, feeling very stupid. Two boys already, one with special needs. Had post natal after last one. What am I going to do.

Sorry I think I'm still in shock!
    Huge congrats ladies, sorry about your previous losses. Positive pregnancy ahead for everyone ��

Still panicking but I'll get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Hello all,

It's very early days but I got a positive pregnancy test this week. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in September this year and last year I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks. I feel nervous and anxious but I'm happy too. Fingers crossed it's third time lucky for us.

Best of luck to everyone, hope everything goes well for us all.

Wishing you a health pregnancy ��

• Advertisement

Scan booked for Feb, how's everyone?

Haven't got a date for my scan yet. I'm going public in Limerick as I did with my first. Felt well looked after How about ye?

Haven't got a date for my scan yet. I'm going public in Limerick as I did with my first. Felt well looked after How about ye?

Im Dublin so rotunda public for me
    . Went public on both before, couldn't fault it at all. It'll be elective section again but as long as everyone ok I'm happy.

My scan is booked for January 10, I'm having an early scan because of my history.

Apart from feeling a bit tired I don't really have any symptoms. Trying to avoid alcohol at the work Christmas party last night was a pain!

Hope everyone is doing okay.

My scan is booked for January 10, I'm having an early scan because of my history.

Apart from feeling a bit tired I don't really have any symptoms. Trying to avoid alcohol at the work Christmas party last night was a pain!

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Ah good you're having early scan, I normal pay private for one, morning sickness is not my friend from 6 weeks on 😬. I like to have scan before telling people.
    Going to try acupuncture this time, never had it before, anyone tried it before?

Not drinking over Xmas is going to be some craic but it could be worst

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lollie25

Hello,

First pregnancy. Doctor confirmed due date 4th August so nearly 7weeks. Have morning sickness, mild cramping and sore boobs. When did any of you hear from the hospital about your first appointment?

lollie25 wrote: »
    Hello,

First pregnancy. Doctor confirmed due date 4th August so nearly 7weeks. Have morning sickness, mild cramping and sore boobs. When did any of you hear from the hospital about your first appointment?

Hello, congratulations and welcome :)

Is your doctor making your appointment for you? I've always made my appointments myself by phone and got a letter the next day confirming it.

Hello, congratulations and welcome :)

Is your doctor making your appointment for you? I've always made my appointments myself by phone and got a letter the next day confirming it.

Thanks plasticheart,

I was with my doctor last Wednesday and she was sending a letter to the hospital then so maybe I will hear something this week. I didn’t know I could contact them directly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi All,
    I hope everyone is well?
    I reckon I am due the end of August all going well.
    I have my first appointment on 10th January with my consultant will know more then.
    I have had nausea/vomiting since last Friday :(
    Roll on Friday for my Christmas Holidays.
    :)

Millem wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I hope everyone is well?
    I have my first appointment on 10th January with my consultant will know more then.

Congratulations Milliem,

Yea the nausea/vomiting is killing me at the moment. I just keep wondering how do women do this ðŸ˜႒. Thank god Christmas is coming so I’m away from the office for a few weeks.
    Is anyone getting the flu jab? My doctor suggested it to me but I’ve never gotten it before so I am a bit hesitant.

Hi All,
    I hope everyone is well?

I have my first appointment January 10th too, I'm having a scan at 8 weeks and it can't come soon enough for me! I'm very worried but trying not to dwell too much on it. When is your due date? Mine is August 20th.

Sorry to hear about the nausea, hopefully it will pass quick enough. I've heard ginger biscuits can help. Apart from fatigue I don't have any symptoms yet. :)

I have my first appointment January 10th too, I'm having a scan at 8 weeks and it can't come soon enough for me! I'm very worried but trying not to dwell too much on it. When is your due date? Mine is August 20th.

Sorry to hear about the nausea, hopefully it will pass quick enough. I've heard ginger biscuits can help. Apart from fatigue I don't have any symptoms yet. :)

Not really sure on due date tbh cycles all over the place as have just finished breastfeeding youngest! I reckon due date is somewhere in the last week of August! All going well I will know more when my consultant scans me on 10th January.

Hi All,
    I hope everyone is well?

Ah I hope the sickness isn't too bad. I'm starting feel it kicking in. Hope to try acupuncture but can't get appointment until new year.

And congrats again

Aveen wrote: »
    Ah I hope the sickness isn't too bad. I'm starting feel it kicking in. Hope to try acupuncture but can't get appointment until new year.

And congrats again

I am going to buy those sickness wrist bands. I used them last time ;)

I am going to buy those sickness wrist bands. I used them last time ;)

I tired them the last two times, didn't get much relief.
    Just back from GP, she prescribed Cariban, never taken meds before for it. Nervous to take them but I'll read up first and maybe only take when really need to. Off on holidays now so I may be ok at home but waking up wanting to vomit is causing me to be tired = increase nausea.

Taking the signs as positive all going well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all I'm about 6 weeks total shock have 2 boys already
    I'm Smothering with flu and spotting so bit nervous rang hospital said 2 early to scan and if still spotting next week call and they will bring me In for early scan had 1 miscarriage previously so head bit all over the place wishing u all a healthy pregnancy😊

Ladies anyone have tips for sore boobs? Mine are killing me, they were no where near this bad on my last pregnancy... I'm not normally a whinger but I can barely touch them today they're so sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

Hi Ladies!

We finally got our BFP this week & according to various apps I am either 31/08 or 04/09 - depending on whether I use date of (likely) conception or date of last period. I have a short cycle so not sure which one to use.
    So excited after a year of trying but also terrified in case something goes wrong. Had to tell immediate family as they would guess today & tomorrow when I'm not drinking at Christmas!

Rebel83 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies!

We finally got our BFP this week & according to various apps I am either 31/08 or 04/09 - depending on whether I use date of (likely) conception or date of last period. I have a short cycle so not sure which one to use.
    So excited after a year of trying but also terrified in case something goes wrong. Had to tell immediate family as they would guess today & tomorrow when I'm not drinking at Christmas!

Ah Congrats that is wonderful news. I am in a similar situation re dates....I am just going to see what my consultant says! I have my first appointment at 7 weeks but I could be 8 weeks! I would prefer and external scan so picked the later date!!!

History queen do you have any of those (awful) soft nursing bras...the ones that look like a sports top/bra? I used to wear them 24/7!

Vomiting has eased but now more nauseous non stop. Finished work for Xmas so taking it super easy. It’s when I have to get up and do things I start vomiting. :(
    Tiredness like I have never experienced.

I just jinxed myself re vomiting....it’s back :(

Ah Congrats that is wonderful news. I am in a similar situation re dates....I am just going to see what my consultant says! I have my first appointment at 7 weeks but I could be 8 weeks! I would prefer and external scan so picked the later date!!!

History queen do you have any of those (awful) soft nursing bras...the ones that look like a sports top/bra? I used to wear them 24/7!

Vomiting has eased but now more nauseous non stop. Finished work for Xmas so taking it super easy. It’s when I have to get up and do things I start vomiting. :(
    Tiredness like I have never experienced.

Sorry to hear you've been so poorly, hope you get a chance to relax now over the holidays. Thankfully so far I've felt fine but it's early days so it could be still to come!

Will leave it until after Christmas to book into the GP - in the meantime, just planning to eat super healthily & take it easy too!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations!They tend to go by date of last pregnancy, and will firm up a due date depending on baby's size as the pregnancy goes on.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Pixie89

Hi Guys

Finally got our first ever BFP two weeks ago after 2 years of trying!! Delighted and nervous I think my due date will be 20th August, few symptoms but no morning sickness yet

Pixie89 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Finally got our first ever BFP two weeks ago after 2 years of trying!! Delighted and nervous I think my due date will be 20th August, few symptoms but no morning sickness yet

Congrats Pixie! Such an exciting time!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Millem... I do have some of those packed away since my last pregnancy...think I'd blocked them from my mind! Will dig them out and try them. Sorry to hear ur still feeling unwell, hopefully it'll ease soon.

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Hi Ladies!

I have a 24 day cycle and having had two babies found on both that due date was off by about a week once we had the dating scan (12 week) done i.e. according to last period I'd have been due my daughter on 7th June but she dated 31st may and my son the 14th of September but he dated size wise the 7th of September. My daughter labor kicked off on the 1st of June and my son arrived on September 7th so last monthly period was not at all accurate.

For your own piece of mind though I'd use the last monthly period until the booking visit. It'll be a bonus to find out your further along along than a disappointment or a worry if babs isn't as big as you hoped.

anndub wrote: »
    I have a 24 day cycle and having had two babies found on both that due date was off by about a week once we had the dating scan (12 week) done i.e. according to last period I'd have been due my daughter on 7th June but she dated 31st may and my son the 14th of September but he dated size wise the 7th of September. My daughter labor kicked off on the 1st of June and my son arrived on September 7th so last monthly period was not at all accurate.

For your own piece of mind though I'd use the last monthly period until the booking visit. It'll be a bonus to find out your further along along than a disappointment or a worry if babs isn't as big as you hoped.

Yep. That seems a bit more like the dates I get if it put in estimated date of conception rather than date of last period.

So flipping excited & nervous though I don't think I'll be able to wait until mid-Feb for a scan so I might pay for one of those private early scans as there's one quite close by.

Still feeling fine but am alert to every little twinge!

Sitting here munching on raw carrots in an effort not to gorge myself on chocolate & crisps. Such a tricky time of the year to be on a good diet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭anndub

Yep. That seems a bit more like the dates I get if it put in estimated date of conception rather than date of last period.

So flipping excited & nervous though I don't think I'll be able to wait until mid-Feb for a scan so I might pay for one of those private early scans as there's one quite close by.

Still feeling fine but am alert to every little twinge!

Bear in mind it'll depend on who you meet on the day of your dating scan too. For my daughter my due date was immediately brought forward but for my son the consultant I was under wasn't keen so my due date remained paired with my last monthly period. This means my daughter is recorded as a 40 weeker but my son as a 39 weeker despite me pregnant for the same length of time!

Congrats to all ladies,

I hope you're all getting some relax time. Nausea still present at time but thank God for the meds. I can't manage been able to cope without them.

My cycle been all over the place so GP went by last period and said to wait for scan.

It's hard at home here for Xmas, few people watching want I'm drinking, one said it to me, kinda pissed cause you won't be able to say that to he wife or murder & I don't even drink that much on some occassions never. Anyway I'm properly just over sensitive at mo

• Advertisement

I've had awful nausea on and off all day since Sunday. All I can stomach is dry toast and 7up. :(

Stil no nausea here yet thankfully (but only 4.5 weeks so a couple of weeks early for that) but I do feel quite bloated & quite frisky - 2 that don't usually go together.

GP's appt made yesterday - earliest I can get in is Fri Jan 3rd but there's no mad rush I guess. Just paranoid something will go wrong as I see stories of so many miscarriages the more I read. Have downloaded 4 pregnancy Apps which date me anything from Aug 30th -Sept 4th. My partner kept asking me was I ok last night as I was so engrossed in the phone!!

I've had awful nausea on and off all day since Sunday. All I can stomach is dry toast and 7up. :(

Eat and drink what you can, I was like that on my last two. Luzocude sport was good too.

I think the meds are helping this time so far, not vomiting, still nausea, serious bloating & dry wrecking. Read the meds could take a week to really kick I.

Keep updating your GP, dehydrating is the main thing to prevent.

Hi ladies, just wondering about an early scan. I'm 8 weeks now but I had a sudden urge last night to get an early scan done. No idea why. Maybe because of the fact that I still haven't got a date for my 12 week scan? I'll be 9 weeks Friday, is it a bit pointless getting a private scan at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

Hi ladies, just wondering about an early scan. I'm 8 weeks now but I had a sudden urge last night to get an early scan done. No idea why. Maybe because of the fact that I still haven't got a date for my 12 week scan? I'll be 9 weeks Friday, is it a bit pointless getting a private scan at this stage?

I got mine in Merrion Fetal Health, It was reassuring to know everything was fine. I slept much better afterwards. It was also helpful at the next scan for the consultant to see how much the baby had grown in between scans.

If you can afford it and feel that you need it to sleep a bit better, then go for it.

• Advertisement

I am getting one Friday week I will be 7/8 weeks.
    There are loads of places around are you in Dublin?

I am getting one Friday week I will be 7/8 weeks.
    There are loads of places around are you in Dublin?

No I'm in Tipperary, not far from Limerick though and there seems tobe lots of places offering scans there.

I've my GP appointment on Friday so will get the ball rolling on the hospital referral. I've heard that CUMH don't always do an anatomy scan & can be quite late with the 12 week one so I think I'll go for a private one at 8/9 weeks - I think there are 2 places in Cork that offer them (Babyscan in Ballincollig & a place across from CUMH in Wilton) & we're pretty close to Babyscan so will probably go there.

Anyone else finding it hard to resist the urge of all the end of year baby & maternity sales on at the moment. I know logically it’s way too early to buy stuff & don’t want to jinx it by ordering maternity stuff so early on, but ....... I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!

It’s probably not helping that I am beyond bloated so regular clothes are uncomfortable so comfy maternity pants sound amazing right now :-)

I can’t wait to hit the 12 week mark to be able to tell everyone, we are so excited I want to burst but I’m also so conscious of the % that end in miscarriage so I’m paranoid.

Anyone else finding it hard to resist the urge of all the end of year baby & maternity sales on at the moment. I know logically it’s way too early to buy stuff & don’t want to jinx it by ordering maternity stuff so early on, but ....... I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!

It’s probably not helping that I am beyond bloated so regular clothes are uncomfortable so comfy maternity pants sound amazing right now :-)

I can’t wait to hit the 12 week mark to be able to tell everyone, we are so excited I want to burst but I’m also so conscious of the % that end in miscarriage so I’m paranoid.

Oh stop I am so bloated...my clothes so tight....have been living in pj bottoms! Going to order some maternity jeans for work today. Going to try boohoo as so cheap. Can’t remember where I put my old ones!
    I ordered a wrist tens machine for nausea.....it arrived today and is charging at the mo! Apparently it is meant to work ;)
    Off my beloved cup of tea as it’s making my vomiting worse.

I might do the same. Jeans are way to squishy right now!

Thankfully no nausea yet, but it’s early days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I've my GP appointment on Friday so will get the ball rolling on the hospital referral. I've heard that CUMH don't always do an anatomy scan & can be quite late with the 12 week one so I think I'll go for a private one at 8/9 weeks - I think there are 2 places in Cork that offer them (Babyscan in Ballincollig & a place across from CUMH in Wilton) & we're pretty close to Babyscan so will probably go there.

What do you learn from the 8/9 week scan? it seems like it mainly dates the pregnancy and gives pictures? Is there a good place to get more info?

cooperguy wrote: »
    What do you learn from the 8/9 week scan? it seems like it mainly dates the pregnancy and gives pictures? Is there a good place to get more info?

Not sure really. I guess to know things are progressing as they should (ie heart beating, not ectopic) & to get an estimated due date. I'm going to ask my GP on Fri what he thinks about it & then prob book one for week 8

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

8 week scan would just confirm that there is a baby there in the right place and a strong heartbeat.Not much else.That's kind of why hospitals don't bother with a first appointment til 12 weeks.Although I believe that if all is good at 8 weeks, there is a high likelihood (although not 100%, as always) that there will not be a miscarraige.

I have had early scans through the hospital EPU myself, due to early bleeds, so have experienced the scans at 5/6 weeks, then 8/9 weeks and that's about all they tell you really.Never went for a private one due to those circumstances.

Yep but even that sounds reassuring. I think they can also tell if there are twins at 8 weeks too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement