Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart rate and weight loss question

Options
  • 06-09-2020 7:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

I have a question about heart rate and figured this might be the place to ask.

Up until the last few years I've always had a fairly high resting heart rate (70+)
    At one point in time I got it down to the high 50s but this was when I was cycling several hundred km a week.

Currently my resting heart rate is low 50s(52 - 54)
    I first noticed it on my fitbit but not having much faith in that reading I used a garmin chest strap and got the same numbers.
    Google tells me a heart rate under 60 bpm is considered bradycardia unless you are an endurance athlete.

I walk at a slow paced 5km a day, so pretty much in lazy bastard mode and have been for about 3 years now. 38 male so perhaps my metabolism is starting to slow a bit naturally.

There has also been a change to my weight loss, I'm about 4KG overweight and normally if I cut refined sugars the weight falls off me but not anymore.
    I had my thyroid checked 6 months ago and that came back normal.

I hope this doesn't count as asking for medical advice but would a doctors visit be a good idea?

I'm just looking for feedback on if this sounds normal or not. Maybe just a natural change due to age?
    Have others experienced this and is it just normal fluctuations based on age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

I think this is really a question for your doctor.

Advertisement