Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin - Parkedge

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Volthar wrote: »
    Hi, mine is a semi and they have completed it 2 weeks ago. I will only get keys once the builder has made necessary fixes as my surveyor has listed in the snag list. I hope it won't take more than 2 more weeks.
    Note mine was supposed to be finished mid-April so there was a delay. Good luck with your house.

Seemly the last few houses will be handed over to the Estate Agents this week.
    Buyer please note that the developer needs to apply for a Completion Certificate from Dublin City Council before the homes can be occupied. Please ensure your Solicitor requests copies of the completion certs.

It generally takes 3 weeks for them to be issued and currently, they have not been requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Volthar

kceire wrote:
    It generally takes 3 weeks for them to be issued and currently, they have not been requested.

Thanks for the hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 george507

Hi, mine is a semi and they have completed it 2 weeks ago. I will only get keys once the builder has made necessary fixes as my surveyor has listed in the snag list. I hope it won't take more than 2 more weeks.
    Note mine was supposed to be finished mid-April so there was a delay. Good luck with your house.

Thank u Volthar

Just wondering what is on your snag list? I might have the same problems to be checked.

Houses looked well today.

george507 wrote:
    Just wondering what is on your snag list? I might have the same problems to be checked.

Minor things realy, dirt here, dirt there, scratch on a window frame. request to provide documentation, warranties and so on. Also water butt was not installed in the back nor external electric socket but I do not mind it anyway.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote:
    Houses looked well today.

I have emailed my solicitor about the completion cert. Can they close the sale without it so I can start working on the floors and furnishing?

I have emailed my solicitor about the completion cert. Can they close the sale without it so I can start working on the floors and furnishing?

Not that I know of. It can become occupied until the completion cert is issued. The developer should not take the risk as if the council inspect opun request for the cert and they find it occupied they may refuse the cert being issued.

I don't think any developer will risk closing until the certs are in place.

Minor things realy, dirt here, dirt there, scratch on a window frame. request to provide documentation, warranties and so on. Also water butt was not installed in the back nor external electric socket but I do not mind it anyway.

Looks like it doesn't have much issue. Thanks Volthar!

kceire wrote:
    I don't think any developer will risk closing until the certs are in place.

Damn... This means even if they request it today I will get the keys at the end of June the earliest... And I have to move out from my current accommodation in the 2nd week of July.

Damn... This means even if they request it today I will get the keys at the end of June the earliest... And I have to move out from my current accommodation in the 2nd week of July.

Worse case yes.
    Just depends on when they are requested from DCC. they can turn them around quicker but as you get into this time of year with staff on holidays and school breaks, things may slow down a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Oppybar

Hey there, Also buying one of these - just wanted to let ye all know that the houses scheduled for snag on 5 June will be ready a few days early (next Tuesday) so no delay for the rest of the site...

Thanks Volthar re snag - that's useful to know in advance of snagging my own!

Oppybar wrote: »
    Hey there, Also buying one of these - just wanted to let ye all know that the houses scheduled for snag on 5 June will be ready a few days early (next Tuesday) so no delay for the rest of the site...

Best of luck to anybody buying. In my opinion they are a really nice house and well built. Finishing touches look nice.

Some benefited better than others with regards to garden space and driveway space etc

Oppybar wrote:

Just so you all know there are some changes to the specs. There are different solar panels (pv instead of evacuated tubes), kitchen floor is only tiled in the kitchen area (showhouse has it all tiled), rainwater recycling unit is just a water butt in your garden, not a proper unit that will fill your toilet cisterns, no power socket in the garden, boiler controller is worse than one in the showhouse. My solicitor says that these would be concidered minor and nothing can be done. This is what I have found in mine. I know 3 storey houses are missing skylights in the back. Re kitchen tiles, builder said that the company that did tiled the floor can, for an extra charge, tile the rest of the kirchen.

Any if you buying there has kids? I have 6 and 3 yr old brats.

Just so you all know there are some changes to the specs. There are different solar panels (pv instead of evacuated tubes), kitchen floor is only tiled in the kitchen area (showhouse has it all tiled), rainwater recycling unit is just a water butt in your garden, not a proper unit that will fill your toilet cisterns, no power socket in the garden, boiler controller is worse than one in the showhouse. My solicitor says that these would be concidered minor and nothing can be done. This is what I have found in mine. I know 3 storey houses are missing skylights in the back. Re kitchen tiles, builder said that the company that did tiled the floor can, for an extra charge, tile the rest of the kirchen.

Any if you buying there has kids? I have 6 and 3 yr old brats.

The water butt was only ever to be a butt. Even since the plans were lodged with DCC, they were to be just a catching can in the rear garden.

The rain water recycling system you speak of is incredibly rare and is not a requirement for new homes just yet.

kceire wrote:
    The rain water recycling system you speak of is incredibly rare and is not a requirement for new homes just yet.

I know it is rare and not a requirement but exact wording used in their brochure is "rain water recycling unit" and it is a bit misleading.

I havea re inspection later this week. Hope all issues have been addressed.

I know it is rare and not a requirement but exact wording used in their brochure is "rain water recycling unit" and it is a bit misleading.

I havea re inspection later this week. Hope all issues have been addressed.

Fair enough. I didn't see any of the sales brochures or anything. I just knew from the plans lodged to DCC that they were only the butts. I know you can buy the butts from aldi for €50 but it's nice to have them already fitted for you.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭McCalvin

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Been living in Beaupark Square for best part of 10 years. Clongriffin is a great place to live. Good neighbours, fantastic transport options for the city, good schools and a fantastic park. Still need the commercial units to fill up on the Main Street but we have the basics, restaurants and an off license ;)

You'll like it here.

Hi All, we have re-inspected the house today and it looks good. Almost all issues from the list were addressed.

Hi All, we have re-inspected the house today and it looks good. Almost all issues from the list were addressed.

Did you asked them to change the solar PV panel?

george507 wrote: »

I did not even bother as my solicitor claims that as long as they meet building regulations and achieve A3 BER rating changing panels type during construction is considered a minor change to the spec.

• Advertisement

george507 wrote: »

They will not be changed for a buyer. No developer will alter the internal plumbing and pipe work in a constructed house that will sell again tomorrow if the OP backs out.

As it stands now I am ready to close the purchase with funds in place, home insurance and mortgage insurance sorted, issues on the snag list addressed. The only thing standing on my way is lack of Completion Certificate. I called KF again today to ask if there is any update and they claim "they know nothing", not even if application was made. They cannot tell me how long would it take and that she will update me next week. Not even an estimate. Buying shoes in Clarks is better customer service. I may sound bitter but when I was due to sign the contract KF called me every day asking for an update and made me believe that the fact that my solicitor had so many inquiries causes delay once this is sorted I will "get the keys" in couple of weeks.

On another hand a guy that assisted me during the inspections was very helpful and real nice person.

Volthar - that sounds incredibly frustrating! Thanks for the update and do let us know how you get on... it seems odd to me that they haven't applied for completion certs yet - do you think it is something to do with the finish still outstanding on the other side of the site? Hopefully they will do it soon!

I had a similar experience with KF and as soon as I signed, they became considerably less helpful:/

How long was there between you snagging and re-snagging? (No kids here, btw - but I'd be sure there'll be more with the proximity of park, schools etc. I surely expect to have a lot of kids as neighbours:))

Oppybar - I did not know about the Completion Cert until kceire mentioned in an earlier post. It may have something to do with access to the other side of the development not finished yet or something with sewage as I have seen them digging up the road the other day. When I asked them a direct question about it I was totally ignored. Although houses built by Gannon seem to be really nice I will be warning future buyers to be careful dealing with their selling agent.

As the snag list did not have anything major/structural it took them less than 1 week to address the issues.

Which type of a house did you buy?

One of the smaller terrace houses, that back onto the semis? I think we met on the site one Sunday and had a chat about solar vs pv panels!

Oppybar wrote: »
    One of the smaller terrace houses, that back onto the semis? I think we met on the site one Sunday and had a chat about solar vs pv panels!

Was it you or someone else who told me they plan to adapt the attic straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 umatrangolo

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a house in Clongriffin Parkedge new development.

I know that Gannon is the builder and that there is a plan to build a mosque near the place; was wondering what is the general feeling about this and if the area is a healthy one or we will face drug dealers and unpleasant people around.

Also, did anyone buy an house from Gannon in the area before? How are they in terms of build quality and finishing ?

Anyone here that lives there and could kindly provide some knowledge from inside the area ??

Thank you very much,
    A prospect buyer in Clongriffin :)

Mod Edit - link to this thread removed

I've seen them up close and personal. I like them and if location works then I would recommend them.

Was it you or someone else who told me they plan to adapt the attic straight away?

Just be careful doing this guys.
    They were designed as two storey houses so there's quite a bit of work to get them to 3 storey house standard with regards to complying with Part B of the building Regulations and it's ultimately why the builders don't do it from the start due to extra cost issues.

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    Just be careful doing this guys.
    They were designed as two storey houses so there's quite a bit of work to get them to 3 storey house standard with regards to complying with Part B of the building Regulations and it's ultimately why the builders don't do it from the start due to extra cost issues.

I am not going to do it though I heard that if you plan to have it officially 3 storey you need to comply with several regulations incl. fire regulations and this involves lots of investment to the rest of the house. not to mention that our roofs are trussed and this by itself is an expensive makeover.

Advertisement