Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountants Revenue and Covid.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

there are a lot of bugs with it this week. i had the same issue and just started it from scratch again

did you try dragging and dropping the document to see if you coudl upload it this way?

I am just trying to upload financial statements with B1 Form on the CORE system but when I select the respective file it does'nt do anything. Am I missing something? This is my first one on the new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I had three to file yesterday so I waited until around this time and it was grand.

Incidentally, I see they extended the extension to 11 June because of the difficulties this week. I assume the world and its mother has been trying to file in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I had three to file yesterday so I waited until around this time and it was grand.

Incidentally, I see they extended the extension to 11 June because of the difficulties this week. I assume the world and its mother has been trying to file in the last few days.

The past week I left my CORE filings until night time. Logged in around 9/10pm and flew through the returns. There was one day where it took nearly an hour to file one return during the working day and I just don’t have that time or patience!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

duffysfarm wrote: »
    there are a lot of bugs with it this week. i had the same issue and just started it from scratch again

did you try dragging and dropping the document to see if you coudl upload it this way?

Thanks for that Duffy, the drag and drop worked even though its a bit cumbersome. Hopefully the process will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

Quick query:
    Does anyone know what the Revenue are calling their interest calculator now or is it even still available on their website?

It was very handy for working out the cost at the end of the Revenue audit process.
    I have an old copy saved somewhere but it seems to be gone from the website.
    I know it it 0.0274% per day but it was a neat excel sheet.

• Advertisement

Practice Update:

Accounting for Covid supports. TWSS/EWSS/restart grants

Had a query from a financial controller of a client re accounting for Covid supports and grants and the like.
    He was netting it off against wages in his P&L.

My understanding if you are preparing accounts under FRS 102 make sure you show the supports separately. (S24 applies).-no netting off.

Might help someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

That was my understanding too. There may be some confusion with this as Revenue advised County Council or failte Ireland supports could offset against the expense nominals but I don't think this is correct from an accounting perspective as you've said.

Obviously those supports are taxable income as they relate to expenditure which would be tax deductible.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

berettaman wrote: »

My understanding if you are preparing accounts under FRS 102 make sure you show the supports separately. (S24 applies).-no netting off.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I’m also showing them separately.

The institutes didn’t cover themselves in-glory with this one. A lot of mixed messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭hold my beer

gudede wrote: »
    I’m also showing them separately.

The institutes didn’t cover themselves in-glory with this one. A lot of mixed messages.

Chartered been saying since the beginning it should be shown separately

• Advertisement

Quick query:
    Does anyone know what the Revenue are calling their interest calculator now or is it even still available on their website?

It was very handy for working out the cost at the end of the Revenue audit process.
    I have an old copy saved somewhere but it seems to be gone from the website.
    I know it it 0.0274% per day but it was a neat excel sheet.

It was called "Revenue instalment-calculator.xls"

Technically the TWSS was a support for employees (not the employer). I would have expected to treat this as a control account? EWSS and restart grants are shown separately.

brenbrady wrote: »
    It was called "Revenue instalment-calculator.xls"

Thanks for that.

I found it in an old file but it does not appear to be on the Revenue website. A search yields the following:
    0 results found for "revenue instalment-calculator.xls"

Another weird one.
    ROS offline Form 11s updated.

I get an error message when I try to upload one now.
    I have sent a query in to ROS technical.
    I am doing online returns instead which is a bit of a pain.

Another weird one.

Apparently file F11's cannot be filed due to the update last weekend.

Thanks for that.

I found it in an old file but it does not appear to be on the Revenue website. A search yields the following:
    0 results found for "revenue instalment-calculator.xls"

If you need a copy I have one.

If you need a copy I have one.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I had saved a copy on an older PC.
    It is a very handy tool to have, especially when trying to submit payment proposals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Technically the TWSS was a support for employees (not the employer). I would have expected to treat this as a control account? EWSS and restart grants are shown separately.

TWSS met the criteria to be classified as a grant, so should have been shown separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Another weird one.

I think it's only for single assessment returns? Haven't had to do any this week, just emails floating around

Update:

Form 11 season is upon us and things are going well.

Many clients have additional Tax liabilities due to PUP etc but this has been well flagged and clients were expecting it.

I had one query about how a new CT rate would effect this client and he hasn't made a profit in excess of €10k for a decade..🤔

All in all things are going well but good staff are hard to come by.

How is everyone else getting on?

• Advertisement

Things largely under control, F11s will all get done, CRO all up to date too. A few still using EWSS so watching monthly reviews there. Getting a bit cranky now though, been a long year. LPT a pain last few days, getting a load of calls, how much should we put in, Revenue have €x etc. Trying to explain that's not within our brief. One call went - but it’s tax - so’s motor tax but you don’t ring me to renew that do you - you’re just being smart now - puts phone down. 🙄

it’ll be great to get through this year and hopefully things will go back to normal in 2022.

Not sure what to do with Relate. To cloud or not too cloud?? Probably don’t have a choice, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

I got the initial Sales call for relate cloud back in June with the call ending that an email with pricing etc. would follow but email never arrived. Haven't thought of it again until now. On the call it was mentioned that the desktop version would be phased out. Any idea on what kind of timelines we're looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭HcksawJimDuggan

On a side note, I find trying to use Relate desktop through a VPN is painfully slow so I guess its moving with the times and wfh etc.

The price is up to 3times your original cost, as they’re now charging based on number of clients rather than users.

They hope to have everyone transferred by January, so no-longer be maintaining the desktop version then. They’re also mentioning Drive will be updated next year.

Using RAP also but just as a single user. Haven’t heard from them so far on cloud but see it mentioned on their website as coming. The charge by number of clients is how Thesaurus did it with their payroll couple years back and they’re now linked up with Relate also I saw lately. Will be wait and see I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭capefear

I was on looking for prices for RAP a few weeks ago and this was what I was told.

1 user per month ex vat

70 entities Cost Per Product €205.00

150 entities Cost Per Product €295.00

Advertisement