Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,766 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

sporina wrote: »
    cnocbui wrote: »

thanks for that - your v good - spinach and what else have you on there?

Thats sorrel from the patch the spelt cake is sitting on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

woodchuck wrote: »
    No problem, this is the recipe I use (doesn't include the homemade salsa though):
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/easy-chicken-fajitas

It is super tasty :)

Finally got around to making this after finally picking up some of the spices I didn't have in the press. Really nice dish and thanks for the inspiration.

550042.JPG

550043.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had a pitta filled with breaded chicken and salad with tarted up mayo, and Aldi skin on fries. My cooking mojo is coming and going these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

Eggs, chips and ibérico ham

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

It's fun cooking in our house at the moment. Two vegans, a coeliac and two vegetarians, one of which (me) is allergic to nuts, coconut and sesame so can't eat vegan cheese.

So I cooked brown rice and roasted veggies and kidney beans in garlic. Then added a jar of M&S roasted red pepper paste some chillies and coriander to it about 5 minutes before serving.

Went down so well that am probably on cooking duty again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shenshen wrote: »
    Spags Bol. Only it was neither spags, nor bol, really. It was conchiglie with a vegetable ragu (slow cooked on Sunday), mushrooms and some quorn mince thrown in. Really tasy, though :D
    ]

Shenshen, your ability to photograph food is award winning blog worthy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Witchie wrote: »
    It's fun cooking in our house at the moment. Two vegans, a coeliac and two vegetarians, one of which (me) is allergic to nuts, coconut and sesame so can't eat vegan cheese.

So I cooked brown rice and roasted veggies and kidney beans in garlic. Then added a jar of M&S roasted red pepper paste some chillies and coriander to it about 5 minutes before serving.

I haven't been to M&S in ages, is the roasted red pepper paste worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Funny you say that. I hadn’t been there in ages, as the last time I was there, just after New Years, was a disaster due to Brexit. The shelves were empty, or either full of stuff you’d see in a corner shop. Meal deal shelves were full of bottles of coke and the likes. It was weird.

I popped in over the weekend and was glad to see it seemed to be back to normal. Bought loads of nice stuff. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

Shenshen, your ability to photograph food is award winning blog worthy.

:D:D:D
    Thank you! I'm really just playing around with what my phone can do. It's not even particularly new or high-end, but it does take good pictures.

Witchie wrote: »

That's a tough bunch of customers you have there!

If you need an idea for today, I usually make something like this hotpot whenever I need to please both vegans and celiacs (replace the pearl barley with arborrio rice and the butter with oil)

• Advertisement

I was working late last night, so it had to be something really super quick for us.

Leftover lentil and veg chili on puff pastry covered with a generous amount of cheese. I present to you : The Chili Pizza!

550106.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,786 ✭✭✭sporina

:D:D:D
    Thank you! I'm really just playing around with what my phone can do. It's not even particularly new or high-end, but it does take good pictures.

you could become a food stylist.. they make a tonne of money - worked with a few when I was in the food industry..

you could become a food stylist.. they make a tonne of money - worked with a few when I was in the food industry..

I think I saw a documentary once - are they the people who make cardboard and styrofoam look like ice cream and fresh waffles for posters and packaging? :pac:
    Not sure I'd have that in me. I love being able to tuck into the food after I took the pictures :)

I think I saw a documentary once - are they the people who make cardboard and styrofoam look like ice cream and fresh waffles for posters and packaging? :pac:
    Not sure I'd have that in me. I love being able to tuck into the food after I took the pictures :)

no.. they are the people who take photos of food for retail packaging, restaurants, media etc... but they style it beforehand, using various props, and crockery, utensils etc.. or make it look as appealing as possible.. there is quite an art to it.. I actually did a course on it in the UK years ago.. if you like food and photography and are creative then its a handy number..

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Slow cooked a chicken last night, so it was wings drums and thighs with veggies last night
    Today the breasts were used in wraps with lettuce spinach and peri peri sauce (hunky dorys that were picked up for 99c with the lidl plus app)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 497 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

Made up a few tapas and salads for the housemates tonight as it’s sunny for a change...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Made up a few tapas and salads for the housemates tonight as it’s sunny for a change...

Your housemates are very lucky!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Recliner

Will you adopt me??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Fcuking hell, that's quite the spread! Can I come too :P

wait a min now.. are you sure thats not a party??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

It was nice but helped with a generous amount of garlic and chillies.

Thanks for the hot pot recipe Shenshen and that lentil pizza looks the business. Nom.

We had a vegan lentil shepherds pie tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Parsnip and chorizo risotto, and lemon butter cod with colcannon. Both pretty tasty, I have to say, some of the better items on the menus the last two weeks.

pyjtlNF.jpg
    k5mBvtI.jpg

Recliner wrote: »
    Will you adopt me??

Always looking for guinea pigs to try food and give me feedback 🙌

wait a min now.. are you sure thats not a party??? :D

Ha, there’s 7 of us in this house 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Always looking for guinea pigs to try food and give me feedback 🙌

Tell me when and where and I'll be there :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Barbecued pork chop with wedges and roasted buttery, garlicky veg.

20210415-190502.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Meatballs and pasta shards (using up lasagne sheets!)

sammyjo90 wrote: »

This cracked me up :pac: :pac: :pac:

v novel.. shudda taken a pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

:confused::confused: ?

Advertisement