Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudely spoken to at butchers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Wheety wrote: »
    Oh no. Call the police.

McGarnagle, butcher's division, what's the beef chief?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭TheTruthIsMine

verycool wrote: »
    But in all seriousness, did anyone else read the title of the thread and then go "parklife!".
    Still can't think of a better title!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bit disappointed you didn't tell us who the butcher chain is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Still can't think of a better title!

How about hero butcher gives annoying jumped up student a rough high five

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You asked for €11 worth. Who does that? Most normal people order by weight. Most people also don't moan like little bitches online after something so minimal too but there ya have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

You should have grabbed the meat clever off him, sliced his pinky finger off and shouted now that’s 10 percent discount biattttchhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    He was rude. I would have interpreted the request as €11, and then apply the discount.

Regardless of the confusion, his response was rude and unprofessional. I would not shop there again.

I'm sure they'd be devastated.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

I hate the words Snowflake and Triggered but now understand why they exist!! Poor offended you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Rudely spoken to at the butchers (Parklife)

This is a missing lyric, Damon Albarn should know about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

We live in a sick sick world. I hope you're OK after this harrowing incident. Nobody should have to go through what you went through, you're very brave for sharing your story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mzungu wrote: »
    Rudely spoken to at the butchers (Parklife)

This is a missing lyric, Damon Albarn should know about this.

He'd definitely STEAK his reputation on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,155 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

#meattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bloody students

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

dulux99 wrote: »
    We live in a sick sick world. I hope you're OK after this harrowing incident. Nobody should have to go through what you went through, you're very brave for sharing your story.

not sending thoughts and prayers?

you heartless bastard

How was the stir fry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sounds traumatic.

I hope you can recover in your university's Safe Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Amen!

You're all so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Omackeral wrote: »
    You asked for €11 worth. Who does that? Most normal people order by weight. Most people also don't moan like little bitches online after something so minimal too but there ya have it.

I do that buts it always an approximation. As in close to 10 euros worth and they give you meat costing 10€ +- 10-20c.

It’s pretty amazing to think the op was expecting exactly 11€ before the discount. The butcher would be there all day cutting off or adding in tiny pieces of chicken in garlic marinade.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just off the phone to Bob Geldof and Elton. They are doing to release a charity duet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The burger would be there all day cutting off or adding in tiny pieces of chicken in garlic marinade.

This thread is great craic for a boring Sunday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Is this seriously a thread, in all merciful christ what is wrong with you op. The most pointless moan I've seen in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Post Traumatic stir fry disorder

Post Traumatic stir fry disorder

Post traumeatic stir fry order.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Falthyron wrote: »
    Doing a stint in retail should be a rite of passage for every human being. Gap Year? Fúck that. Sabbatical? No way. Do a year in retail and you will see what humanity really is.

I 100% agree with this. Feck mandatory national service. If everyone had to do at least three months in customer service then people would be much nicer to others in the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Buying ready made stir fry? Lazy f*cker.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

no wonder the country is ****ed ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Just to set the picture, this is a chain store that I frequent one of location of, and they give a 10% discount to students. So this day I asked for €11 of stir-fry, and showed him that I'd a card when paying. I was sure to check the receipt though when walking away. I saw that the price charged was €11, with any reduction. As soon as I turned around to question it, I saw a frown down his face.

I said that I didn't see that any discount came off. He then said that he gave me €11.30, and he said it as if I somehow should have known. So I told him that I had asked for €11. He then grabbed the receipt from my hand, as his fingers rather clumsily bumped into mine, and rather condescendingly said "and what does that say?". Of course it said €11... he was trying to make me look stupid. Saying such is actually only making things go around in circles.

I didn't like the way he spoke to me, so I then explained how one would expect the discount to be deducted from the value of €11, which would give €9.90. This made me feel like I making a big deal over a few cents, but at the same time I was merely calling a spade a spade. He said something else, and definitely seemed to be speaking to me like a bouncer. For a second he awkwardly just looked away, as if I was trying his patience. At this point in time he seemed pretty hot headed, and I, not knowing how to diffuse the situation, just said "look, it doesn't matter" and walked off.

Sometimes it's as if we're so used to "the customer is always right" mentality being employed, that when something like this happens, we (or at least me) just don't know how to react. On hindsight, he didn't call out the final price or even face the card reader towards me so that I could see the price as I tapped it. If I were back, I'd have tried to return there and then, as I hadn't left the premises.

It was my first time being served by this particular guy at this butchers, and he actually seemed one of the more experienced guys there. There were a few other small things off about his demeanor before that. I wonder if he's even aware that they've just lost a customer because of him.

Other time I got the discount from the staff members at the same place, sometimes some of them seemed a bit confused how to work that feature on the till. And at times I was aware that I wasn't really getting the full 10% That didn't bother me, because I could see that they were being polite. One guy once even opened the till to physically take out coins because he didn't know how to give the discount.

I know the butcher involved, no manners, I asked him one day had he a sheepshead, he told me it was just the way his hair was combed!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm sure they'd be devastated.
    Well actually I spend more than €30 there on each visit. Also, I certainly won't have anything good to say about them... and you know what they say!

• Advertisement

I do that buts it always an approximation. As in close to 10 euros worth and they give you meat costing 10€ +- 10-20c.

It’s pretty amazing to think the op was expecting exactly 11€ before the discount. The butcher would be there all day cutting off or adding in tiny pieces of chicken in garlic marinade.
    No, you don't get me. It's fine if it's a couple of cents over, but 30c off what he claimed he gave me, is about a 2-3% discount. Either way, he didn't give me the 10% discount.

Advertisement