Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The slow death of forums *see OP for Admin warning and update 28/02/18*

Options
1929394959698»

Comments

I'd say I wouldn'r long quitting this. Is AH even modded nowadays ? Aaside from when some are "not playing nice with others".

I've had to put up with the likes of this from a poster. He does not engage, debate, just lies, accusations and borderline stalking:

That's just the tip of the iceberg. There is blatant playing favourites coming in now and I'm a hare's breadth away from quitting - I dare say more will follow if there's not a clampdown on rubbish like this.

Sometimes it's not what a person posts that can be the problem but the actual style and tone of the post. AH is modded. In fact quite a few people find it's over-modded. This forum seems to be an exercise in "damned if you do damned if you don't".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Sometimes it's not what a person posts that can be the problem but the actual style and tone of the post. AH is modded. In fact quite a few people find it's over-modded. This forum seems to be an exercise in "damned if you do damned if you don't".

It's starting to seem personal from that poster you know ? Mods are generally sound and I've a lot of time for most of them - Boom_Bap we miss you in AH!!!!

It's starting to seem personal from that poster you know ? Mods are generally sound and I've a lot of time for most of them - Boom_Bap we miss you in AH!!!!

I don't know the poster you are referring to or the thread but discussion gets heated and we rile each other up, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not. Just like in "real" life you won't gel with everyone you meet. Maybe that's what's happening here? Instead of it taking it personal put that poster on ignore and just forget about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭blackwhite

I don't know the poster you are referring to or the thread but discussion gets heated and we rile each other up, sometimes intentionally and sometimes not. Just like in "real" life you won't gel with everyone you meet. Maybe that's what's happening here? Instead of it taking it personal put that poster on ignore and just forget about them.

If it's the thread I'm thinking of it's some fairly direct personal attacks, bordering on stalking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Ive seen the posts.

Not only are they personal but they are mildly threatening.

Deliberately worded to freak someone out.

Its not acceptable, but it carries on.

• Advertisement

My previous post was regarding being annoyed and frustrated with other posters. I thought how easy it is for us to get worked up when it's better to just ignore. Apologies if I seemed dismissive Ps.

I really don't know what to say about any of whats going on in the thread. If I felt harrassed, not just irritated by another poster, then I'd pm an admin and ask them to take a look at the thread in question. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes or why mods wouldn't act if they saw such carryon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Wow I just noticed that thread got over 4000 posts inside a week, you really see what you are up against from the social and fun side of things..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Discodog wrote: »
    Boards feel that they have to support the Mods because they are volunteers. But there is also a group who carry extra weight because they were here at the beginning.

My mind changed after going through the, so called, Dispute Resolution Process.

It's a waste of time. I had a CMod agree my infraction wasn't justified but it still stands.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,300 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, this thread has turned into posters taking opportunities to raise specific points or concerns. Anyone have a complaint - let's resurrect the "Slow Death" thread

All these matters can be raised in Help Desk if posters get no joy from discussing things with the Mods (or indeed CMods) via PM

There were some very important messages received earlier on in the thread, but allowing it to continue like this starts risking those wider messages being obscured. I'm therefore closing this thread.

Just to add one thing from recent discussions here. Politics Café remains certainly on my radar, and is perhaps the next thing we need to prioritise. We'll have a discussion amongst the Admins and probably the Mods and CMods as well, and get back when we've given it further consideration

Thanks for all your contributions

Thread closed - any questions please PM me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement