Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Ireland becoming a relatively progressive country?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

professore wrote: »
    The welfare culture, and the culture of entitlement are cornerstones of progressivism.

No they aren't. As much as you'd like to paint them that way.

If argue the welfare culture in Ireland is a way overblown bogeyman. We're about to hit full employment. I'm my experience, Irish people are hard working, diligent and well educated.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Taytoland wrote: »
    Donegal voted no and got slated for it. That was the view of the people of Donegal. I don't see how that many people would have left it would have made that much of a difference in the vote unless you are talking a huge migration.

The difference was a few thousand hardly a huge migration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Taytoland wrote: »
    That is what they want. After the abortion result the people of Donegal got absolutely slated for voting no to it as if they had no right to vote that way or crazy. Maybe they just didn't agree with abortion or believed in traditional values of which many of us do all over the island.

Who was slating them? A bunch of nobodies on the internet, that's who. Ffs, I think the people of Donegal need to stop being so precious...

Advertisement