Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipperary COVID-19

Options
  • 14-08-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

Outbreak confirmed in Walsh Mushrooms in Golden via Michael Lowry in Facebook.

Michael Lowry T.D.

Following ongoing representations with the HSE and the Minister for Health, I have been informed that there has been a Positive case of Covid with a worker at the Walsh mushrooms producer group located in Golden Co Tipperary yesterday.

I can also confirm that another 19 close contact workers have been tested and 10 of these have also tested positive. As there are now 11 workers with a 50% positive rate so far, the Walsh Mushrooms facility has been closed by the HSE.

During my representations with the HSE and Minister Donnelly, I have reiterate that the protection of public health must be our overriding concern, that is, the health of the workers within the Walsh Mushroom factory, the health of the wider communities in which the workers reside, and the health of the general population in the area.

The HSE is working with the Defence Forces to construct a temporary testing facility this evening at Golden Church, so that all remaining workers in the factory will be tested over the next 24/48hrs.

Full statement – Walsh Mushrooms Golden Ltd.

Operations are being suspended after a member of staff was diagnosed with COVID-19 while in self isolation. Subsequent testing of close contacts has resulted in further positive cases.

As a business, we have stringent measures in place to control COVID-19 since March and we have had no incidence of COVID-19 up to this point. We are working with the HSE and all relevant authorities assisting in contact tracing and testing of all staff.

We will use the opportunity to deep clean the plant during the temporary closure. Essential maintenance will continue at the facility. The safety, wellbeing and protection of our employees, their families and the local community is our number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Everyone from Golden saw this coming, those workers don't even wear masks and don't give a **** tbh.

The Mushroom farm had measures in place my hole

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'd be very wary of AIBP in Cahir, but so far so good anyway.

It's the fact that work has never been as busy there which is kinda scary with the amount of heads working at a time (getting business from other places who had to scale back)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I wonder will we be joining Laois, Offaly and Kildare?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

I heard the outbreak was caused by one of the foreign workers going to Poland for the weekend and never told their employers

Such ****ing irresponsibility but its typical of those workers at the mushroom farm

So ****ing annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

callaway92 wrote: »
    I'd be very wary of AIBP in Cahir, but so far so good anyway.

It's the fact that work has never been as busy there which is kinda scary with the amount of heads working at a time (getting business from other places who had to scale back)

There’s a lot of rumours floating around that it’s not so far so good in Cahir any more. I wonder if there’s anything to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Paddico

Headshot wrote: »
    I heard the outbreak was caused by one of the foreign workers going to Poland for the weekend and never told their employers

Such ****ing irresponsibility but its typical of those workers at the mushroom farm

So ****ing annoying

Looks like your tarring every worker there with the same brush from that comment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Outbreak confirmed in AIBP Cahir according to Today FM 5pm headlines.

touts wrote: »
    Outbreak confirmed in AIBP Cahir according to Today FM 5pm headlines.

That could be the tipping point for lock down in Tipperary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

blue5000 wrote: »
    I wonder will we be joining Laois, Offaly and Kildare?

No. No we won’t despite the almost wetting of knickers in anticipation that some doom and gloomers hope that we will. Lockdown time is over thankfully time to live with the virus protect the vulnerable and leave the rest of the healthy population get on with life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

No. No we won’t despite the almost wetting of knickers in anticipation that some doom and gloomers hope that we will. Lockdown time is over thankfully time to live with the virus protect the vulnerable and leave the rest of the healthy population get on with life.
    What a horrendous take. You do realise that the majority now getting covid is quite young. If number of cases increases much more we very easily could see some form of lockdown in tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

I actually agree with you, especially seeing as all the new regulations announced today are in complete contradiction to what is expected in schools.....it’s just get on with it and live with Covid

Heard a few cases popped up outside Tipperary Town.

Wondering did anyone else hear the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Paddico wrote: »
    Heard a few cases popped up outside Tipperary Town.

Wondering did anyone else hear the same?

Yeah in the Lattin/Cullen area,one fella hadn't his results back and went on a pub crawl,hopefully it's got under control

Thats where I heard.
    Up to 12 cases out there during the middle part of last week

Seems to be holding around 10ish cases per day for Tipperary,third lowest county at the moment for incidence per 100,000

Seems to be holding around 10ish cases per day for Tipperary,third lowest county at the moment for incidence per 100,000

15 today...

15 today...

Yeah seen that,hopefully an outlier

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

5 today second lowest in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Everyone from Golden saw this coming, those workers don't even wear masks and don't give a **** tbh.

The Mushroom farm had measures in place my hole

So ****ing annoying
    Nothing like a good old fashioned bit of racism and streotyping to cure the whole thing!

• Advertisement

22 in Tipp today...

22 in Tipp today...

16 today I think

36 today,highest in a long while

16 today

So the doom and gloomers got their wet underwear...

10 today

7 today

8 today

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Interesting article about Covid cases among traveller communities in Clare, Limerick, and Tipperary.

https://www.clareecho.ie/100-covid-19-cases-among-traveller-community-in-clare-limerick-tipp-in-last-two-weeks/

100 cases among them seems awfully high. Must have swept through like wildfire.

• Advertisement

16 today and I think it was 9 yesterday

Advertisement