Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strong Winds & Heavy Rain Tues-Weds 26-27th Jan

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Absolutely teeming down here near Tralee, 12mm since about 20.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,584 ✭✭✭weisses

It looks like the north is escaping most of the bad weather this winter ...... So far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pauldry

Rainfall map above wil hv to be changed.

Already lashing in dublin

Think met eireann never check satellite

It shows a clear slot on way but theyr forecasting lots more rain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Civil Joe

Is there any chance this storm from the US will bring snow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,233 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Civil Joe wrote: »
    Is there any chance this storm from the US will bring snow?

You tell me, did it bring snow when it was here this morning? Hehe, might bring some to Scandinavia though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It felt like one of my windiest days ever recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Why is it that every time a weather forecaster on RTE comes on they say that they are afraid ?

Well I'm afraid we have a low pressure system coming in from the south-west and it will bring a bit of rain to the west overnight, or hello there, it will be a cold day today I'm afraid as we have a cold front moving down from the north. Tonight's weather is going to be very mild but I'm afraid it will turn slightly cooler overnight. Irish weather forecasters seem to be afraid of all kinds of weather, why are they so afraid all the time ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Face-palm, I shouldn't have clicked the quick reply button. sorry for the double post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

After a dry windy day, Heavy rain here in north meath over the last couple of hours, has resulted in water lying around the house again. Oh how i missed it the last 2 weeks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 607 ✭✭✭jack o shea

will it stop raining before patricks day? its raining none stop since 1st of november except for 1 week.

• Advertisement

The worst thunder clap I have ever heard woke the whole house with a jolt. Haven't experienced a thunderstorm like that in my life. was really something else. Power was gone immediately (hopefully no surging), and was followed by very very very large hail.

Really something else. Very heavy rain again. (And hail again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Carnacalla wrote: »
    The worst thunder clap I have ever heard woke the whole house with a jolt. Haven't experienced a thunderstorm like that in my life. was really something else. Power was gone immediately (hopefully no surging), and was followed by very very very large hail.

Really something else. Very heavy rain again. (And hail again)

where are you? thunder in Ennis as well but seems far away, big gap from the lightning. seems big wherever it is though, if that makes sense

Sorry, Kilrush West Clare is the location. Fairly startled so forgot to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭robclay26

Here in Delvin in Westmeath 5:10am onwards, never heard such heavy rain in my life. No thunder yet. Prob some flash flooding around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

There were a few very heavy showers with thunder in the Limerick city area a short while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

South Kerry mountains 400 asl.. a recklessly wild wet noisy night... Was up for a few hours amid it. Still hammering down and an aggressive wind and the met ie site is very colourful. It started as I was settling for the night,,,Tired! Sleep deprived! I checked local news and as I knew would be, several roads here flooded again. As I saw between Bonane and Kenmare on Saturday, the fields alongside have not recovered and it was so near flooding then. My forecourt is sodden and deep in water; I have been putting the fire ashes and the sand from the cat trays down else would not be able to get the car in. Please take care those of you who have to go to work And what job with the wheelie bins.. Horrible task... Thankfully for me a home day. Just brought the cat in! He weighs two stone dry and being long haired was carrying a lot of water..:eek:

Why is it that every time a weather forecaster on RTE comes on they say that they are afraid ?

Well I'm afraid we have a low pressure system coming in from the south-west and it will bring a bit of rain to the west overnight, or hello there, it will be a cold day today I'm afraid as we have a cold front moving down from the north. Tonight's weather is going to be very mild but I'm afraid it will turn slightly cooler overnight. Irish weather forecasters seem to be afraid of all kinds of weather, why are they so afraid all the time ?.

Just a polite cliche that means nothing. Typical upper class jargon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

2ngu3h5.png

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Torrential rain just woke me up this morning. DN 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭vickers209

Just had monsoon rain here in wicklow on the coast only lasted 5 minutes and stoped again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thought I heard a rumble of thunder this morning sometime after 6am, the chart posted by Pa ElGrande confirms that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

There was a thunder storm here in Limerick between about 4.45 and 5.30am. Some lovely bright flashes and low growling rumbles. Beautiful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The thunder in Limerick woke me at 5.45. I thought it was a dream but it was real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Jaysis that was some rain last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Gusting close to 100 km/h from the West at Dun Laoghaire harbour. Very windy here on the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pretty much a non event for Waterford City - some creaking eaves but nothing more as far as I can tell. Didn't match the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still gusting around 74km/hr in Castlebar, we have had nearly 60mm of rain in the last 48 hours, just your usual bog standard winter storm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Valentia Observatory recorded a daily fall of 37.0mm yesterday

waking to an orange gale warning for tonight and the Moll's Gap road to Killarney still flooded..Quiet and calm now.

Advertisement