Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Troops in Contact: The Rionegro Mandate

• 30-03-2011 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

From the people who brought you the Ops Weekend, Badlands, the Aftermath series, Full Brazillian and others comes...

THE RIONEGRO MANDATE
    Rionegro is a nation in turmoil. Its beloved President Catano lies in a coma after a hunting accident and the vice president, Munoz, has taken power in his stead. His recent reforms were ill recieved though, many believing Catano would never have supported them. Amidst protests and riots, Munoz took emergency powers to restore order but the legality of this was challenged. The military split between those loyal to Munoz (a former officer) and those, led by the highly respected General Veron, who believe it is their duty to defend the constitution. The split widened and a polarised nation has fallen into civil war.

Backed by the UN the international community has enforced a no-fly zone and an arms embargo. Rumours persist though that Rionegro's neighbours are providing support to different factions in this dirt poor but mineral rich country. With the collapse of law and order, fighting and looting has made life precarious for civilians. Many have formed militias to defend themselves. And there are reports that western corporations have been bringing in mercenaries to protect their interests.

In the west of Rionegro, beside the village of Cocoma, under the shadow of the Colina Trompeta, forces from both sides gather for a key battle in the war...

What is this: A story driven, 27 hour airsoft event with ammo limits, simple medic rules, and pre-assigned teams. This is not a full MilSim, but there will be opportunities for LARPing and more. We want to give people something different to the usual weekend skirmish. We hope to develop the airsoft scene in Ireland by offering players from all around the country a chance to meet new people, and play in a bigger event without having to travel abroad.
    Where: Bellurgan Park, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
    When: June 18th and 19th.
    How long: Sign in, chrono, and gear up from 09:00 on Saturday, game WILL start 12:00, game finish 15:00 Sunday.
    How much: about €50, there will be a discout for early registration.
    Age limit and other restrictions: Over 16's only. As Rionegro is subject to a UN backed arms embargo and no fly zone, players cannot bring aircraft, heavy weapons or armoured vehicles. Small arms and support weapons only. Bio-BBs are required and will be available on site.
    Camping: Camping will be possible on site, with toilets and showers.
    What are the factions:
    • Munoz' loyalist light infantry, engineers, and militia.
    • Vernon's heavy infantry, special forces
    • Peasant insurgents
    • Civilians
    • Executive Security Solutions PMCs.
    More information will be provided real soon now. Including detailed descriptions of factions, how to pre-book, and player forums.

¡Viva la República de Rionegro!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭Red Fox

yess!! now dis is wat i have been waiting for!!....sounds brill,....i will most definitely be dere in force!!....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

This stinks of awesomeness

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭TerrenceAnth

O baby this will be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm in Shane. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Stupid leaving cert :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Stupid leaving cert :mad:

Yeah +1 on that :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Looking forward to this , will probably be bringing a gang of us up.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Aw man I just messed my pants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

June 19 = fathers day for the daddys amongst us better check with wifeys and partners for plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will see if I can muster some troops to hop along :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 whyiotta

Gatling wrote: »
    June 19 = fathers day for the daddys amongst us better check with wifeys and partners for plans

ah feck it anyway was getting excited till u posted that little bit of info :mad:, reschedule it bellurgan or can i just play on the saturday till midnight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

You can play for as long or as little as you want. (between the start and end of the game, anyway, we'll have to kick you off after that)

Here was me thinking Father's Day was a time of being treated to stuff you like, not a day of obligation. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

Gatling wrote: »

if you have to check....your doin it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 whyiotta

You can play for as long or as little as you want. (between the start and end of the game, anyway, we'll have to kick you off after that)

Here was me thinking Father's Day was a time of being treated to stuff you like, not a day of obligation. :)

fathers day = family time :mad:
    motherd day = family time
    birthdays, christenings, christmas = family time

You must not be a family man evilrobotshane, is it same price for how long you play?

Yes, we considered having different types of tickets with different prices but all we could foresee was an administration nightmare trying to ensure that people aren't pulling a fast one by buying a one-day ticket and then taking off into the woods and not coming back. The single ticket type allows us more flexibility through sheer simplicity - for example, people can play Saturday, go home to their comfy bed whenever they like, and turn up whenever they like on Sunday. I know that's a bit rough on people in your situation, but day tickets isn't something we're in a position to offer. Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

The lads in Tigerland Sligo are up for going if there is space no exact numbers as yet but i'd say we'd possibley have anywhere from 10 - 20 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

we should have the website will all the game information, and the booking system up and running in the next few days. Watch here for an announcement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Think me and Lemming will have to hit this up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

I will have to attend this as well .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Right in the middle of the Leaving Cert. :rolleyes:

Well, I wont be attending so but I wish you all the luck. Seems this poxy LC is ruining my life! /emo

It's on a weekend, surely you don't have exams on Saturday or Sunday. :)

Can't really take 2 days off though from studying in the middle of the exams :(

richieffff wrote: »
    Can't really take 2 days off though from studying in the middle of the exams :(
    Well as my mother used to say "You can't fatten the pig the night before the fair" :)

But you do have my sympathies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Right in the middle of the Leaving Cert. :rolleyes:

Well, I wont be attending so but I wish you all the luck. Seems this poxy LC is ruining my life! /emo

As much as it might seem like much sucking of d0nkeh ballz, there is always next year or the next event or whatever. And of course, you'll never have to worry about the LC again (unless you don't study, go off playing airsoft instead, and end up repeating .... ).

Best of luck with it to you, and anyone else unfortunate enough doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Sign me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Rallying the lads, can't wait :)

There's a lot of stuff still to be added to the website, but it's got the information on most of the factions now anyway (links on the right). We hope to have rules up tomorrow, and tickets available in the next few days, at which point we'll publicise to the wider world. Consider this sneak peek for the Boardsies. :)

http://troops-in-contact.com/

Alright so, great news for myself just looked at my LC timetable and don't hav an exam until 4 days after this, its looking better now :D

The website looks great and the storyline sounds brilliant, will be my first of this type game if I make it.

• Advertisement

Anyone got a map of the site? *curious*

The Bellurgan guys are working on getting us a higher res one. This will have to do for the moment:
    5497172220_7bc39ffc0d_b.jpg
    To give an idea of scale, that wood is 1.4km long and over 500m wide in the middle.

There ground photos here on flickr, but the site seems to be acting up at the moment.

And decent Google aerial shots.

That's one of many things being worked on. There are mountain bike trail maps, 4x4 trail maps, land surveys and the Ordnance Survey, and the map they made for weekend airsoft use, and we're working on combining the important bits into one map for this game.

This is about all I have to show you at the moment. :)

Guys Do you have More info on what type of camo the sides will be wearing yet as it is not very clear . So people can start to get a idea of what side they want to play .

This looks.... Fun. :D

Pity I fancy playing civilians, this would be great craic to disapear into in my ghillie :D

There are no camo restrictions, although with the site being woodland, temperate woodland camo is recommended. Factions will be differentiated by headwear - bandanas, berets or helmets for the Republicanos, boonie hats for the Patriotas, baseball caps for the mercenaries.

• Advertisement

There are no camo restrictions, although with the site being woodland, temperate woodland camo is recommended. Factions will be differentiated by headwear - bandanas, berets or helmets for the Republicanos, boonie hats for the Patriotas, baseball caps for the mercenaries.

Cheers Shane

Lemming wishes to attend wearing a MASSIVE Sombrero, which side could he be on? :D:pac::pac:

Firekitten wrote: »
    Lemming wishes to attend wearing a MASSIVE Sombrero, which side could he be on? :D:pac::pac:

I feel so stupid for not having created a massive-sombrero-clad unit of military badasses.

I feel so stupid for not having created a massive-sombrero-clad unit of military badasses.

They need to be riding Donkeys into Combat though ;)

So lemming is on his own team again?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

jeawan wrote: »
    They need to be riding Donkeys into Combat though ;)
    The man did say badasses.

I am maintaining the master list of game-props at the moment. I will add 10 ill-tempered donkeys alongside the usual flags, tents, crates, fuel drums, downed helicopters, nuclear submarine for the lake, and 6 novelty clown costumes (don't ask).

Actually what I did forget to mention there is that civilians (and guerrillas) are any type of headwear not listed for the other factions, so that's where El Sombrero Gigante hangs out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

If I can get off work that weekend this sounds like a laugh. Never been to a Milsim before but sounds like a good place to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Event should be good, a lot of work is going into this guys, we've tried to cater for every type of player and style of game!

Political Officer
    Presidential 25th Infantry
    Fanatical to the cause!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

defo a few rodents on for this shane, its payback time for them cheds .(greens):rolleyes:

I've set up an official discussion forum for the game. The private faction areas won't be available until tickets go on sale, but if anybody wants to get ahead of the curve and get registered on the system, get over to http://forum.milsimdublin.net/viewforum.php?f=13

If your account registration hasn't gone through within 12 hours, drop me a personal message here. I manually check every registration but there's a lot of automated spam ones so sometimes a legitimate one might not make it through due to my mistake.

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Sign me up.

I am sorry to say this but sign me off. :mad:

I will be having knee surgery in two weeks and I am not going to be cleared to play for at least 6 weeks after.

I had to explain the whole hobby to the surgeon and he looked at me like he might actually give it a go.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I had to explain the whole hobby to the surgeon and he looked at me like he might actually give it a go.:D

Sorry to hear that Tommy - but good to see that you didn't let the small matter of a surgical consultation get in the way of spreading the good word...;)

I am sorry to say this but sign me off. :mad:

I will be having knee surgery in two weeks and I am not going to be cleared to play for at least 6 weeks after.

A wild suggestion, but we do have non-com units and some special roles like the civilians. There may still be a place for you that doesn't involve running around...

We'll talk. I liked the bit of roleplay I got to do in Wales.

• Advertisement
Advertisement