Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft In Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭MarkLmk

From Sat i wont be online for a week, im away on a course 4 unit but will be avail on Mobile,
    Keep Camo'ed guys :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    God i have withdrawl symptoms so bad after Galway I JUST CANT WAIT TO GO SOFTIN AGAIN :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Tis me drug of choice now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Tis a drug alright, you will think you'll be happy with your G36, but you'll want more it wont be enough,
    I thought i was happy with my G36 but now i either want to upgrade the sh*t outta it, or get a M16 soon enough!
    Oh yeah sniper forgot to mention the potential training ground isnear kilfinen.

Killinator wrote: »
    Tis a drug alright, you will think you'll be happy with your G36, but you'll want more it wont be enough,
    I thought i was happy with my G36 but now i either want to upgrade the sh*t outta it, or get a M16 soon enough!
    Oh yeah sniper forgot to mention the potential training ground isnear kilfinen.
    Is that anywhere near your place???????

It is and it isnt,the RDF do orienteering there sometimes(once was in an rdf competition there)
    its about a half hour away from me i think(im still not 100% on where it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Best thing is to wait and see what Ian says. He knows that area and would know exactly where it is.

A drug it is, indeedy. Like Derek said he still wants another gun. I still want another gun, preferably an M14/M21. That said I'll need them caus my M4 is broken!:(
    My 1911 is on the way though, so yay.:D

Best thing is to wait and see what Ian says. He knows that area and would know exactly where it is.

A drug it is, indeedy. Like Derek said he still wants another gun. I still want another gun, preferably an M14/M21. That said I'll need them caus my M4 is broken!:(
    My 1911 is on the way though, so yay.:D
    Sh1t thats bad news on the Sportsline wow,and ya i think u always need at least a second AEG, :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Luckily though I bought it Irish, so Tony from eirsoft says he'll sort it.

My G36C n my Bro's AK47 have just left China en route whopee , n the Mid-cap mags arrived home this morn also whopee Soon ill be blastin with both AEG's wont need second battery then for the shoots:cool:

MarkLmk wrote: »
    My G36C n my Bro's AK47 have just left China en route whopee , n the Mid-cap mags arrived home this morn also whopee Soon ill be blastin with both AEG's wont need second battery then for the shoots:cool:

Good to hear M8, now hopefully customs will keep their hands off of it eh?

Good to hear M8, now hopefully customs will keep their hands off of it eh?
    Ahhhhh dont say that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :D

• Advertisement

Wheyhe my G36C n bro's AK arrived in Dublin this Morn:cool::cool::cool:

meanwhile i sitwaiting for my gear to arrive,waiting......waiting.....always waiting..................

& now they r in Shannon hehe, But worst news of all is ive been shafted. I found out this morn that ive been put on an advanced drivin course in Bks n am in the Curragh 4m 2moro morn 7am 4 most of the week :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

YEEEOUCHHHH!!!!!!!!
    Theres a 7am in the morning now!!!!!!!!!
    I'd be too tired to drive normally at that time let alone advanced driving:D

And ive a 6am start 2moro that dont mean getin up @6am that means start @6am lol, dont u just love the army :D:D:D:D
    N im swottin @ this hour been up sice 6 lol

Got my gear,wooooooooooooo
    now just waiting for a few bits and or pieces and i'll be finished(until i get more money for a kar98-the most beautiful gun ive seen and held)

Also tony will you be at g-tac on sunday???

Hey guys, glad 2 hear ur gear arrived, what about the sportline??? is that sorted?? Well im all driven out,been to a lot of the country in the week and finally finished in Mullingar yesterday,
    As for G-Tac on Sun im gonna request some leave from the Partner some time 2day gotta butter up first :D:D:D:D
    Prob wont be too impressed as been away all week but ill try :):)

How is Mossy progressi wit trainin location?

Good to hear Tony, got your message anyway. Whats the deal with those BDUs anyway. You must be fairly P*ssed at this stage.

Anyways my Sportline was fixed, or should I say Tony(eirsoft) gave my a new one to replace it. Sound or what.

Training locations are still being scouted, nothing definitive yet though.
    Looking forward to shooting with you again.
    Laters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Hi Guys,

Been reading the thread with interest and wondering if there are any persons in the West Limerick region interested in Airsoft?

• Advertisement

To awnser that you could possibly check out the airtsoft map on the iaa's website, it might show other people from that area, whereabouts are you located anyway?

Hey there, well as Killinator said av a look at that map n it will show the locations of most of us n if u cant find it we will stick up a link 4u,
    We r headin to G-Tac on Sunday and the last day there we had a ball, Ur welcome to come alone, Ill av room in my car if u need a lift,But u would av to get to Limk City thou:pac:

Thanks for the replies guys,

I'll look at the suggested route and post the location on that;)

Thank you very much for your kind offer of a lift to Galway Mark, that's very good of you.

At this time its too short notice for me to travel but I seriously appreciate the offer all the same.

Am going to order a little bit of kit to begin with and have a more detailed look at whats good and what's not.

Ugh,

Have tried several times to add my location by but the map tells me my location can't be found and then tried adding by centreing the map approximately but still can't see myself added.

Knowing my luck all the attempts will suddenly appear. :confused:

I'll try again a little later.

its been known to give trouble so i wouldnt worry about it bud,
    just nice to have another limerick airsofter here!

No prob wt the lift,anytime im goin i will have at least 1 free seat n why not use it,we r all going to same place lol.

Hope the weather eases up for Sunday:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I have another friend who would be very interested also but he's in Castleisland and I've a brother in law who is currently based in Dublin who will be very interested indeed :)

Is there any Airsoft target shooting happening locally or do you guys just practice on your own private property?

At the moment we only use our stuff maybe shooting targets at home, and then meet up in G-Tac and have a whale of a time.
    We are currently however trying to set up a team and we are also currently scouting locations where we could actually meet up and practice proper.

Good to hear you've got people interested. The more the merrier. Defo get yourself some kit and then as the Marines would say, "GET SOME", "GET SOME.

I definately be interested in becomming involved with a team locally. Galway is probably a little out of my reach for a regular basis unfortunately but I'd be hoping to pay a visit there sometime in the not too distant future.

Will have to budget a few Euro for some decent kit, maybe something like the TM M4 S and a chrono.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

In Limerick it would be great if there was something local set up even it
    it was CQB. An empty factory or something would be perfect.
    The likes of the old verbaitm building in Raheen Industrial estate has
    been lying dorment for years and has savage floor space. Imagine if we knew the owner of the building and he/she/they let us use it while the building was
    dorment! I supose that would bring up all kinds of insurance problems.

~B

CQB would be seriously good fun and probably attract a lot of people as if it was indoors it would be totally independant of weather.

I wonder about the likes of a local sports or community hall may be possible, especially for target shooting / praqctice in a group environment or for team tactic training etc.

The sport could be explained and demonstrated to the revelant people and the appropriate agreement put in place ensuring correct safety procedures at all times.

Doesn't sound all that unfeasible.

• Advertisement

insurance shouldnt be needed seen as we wouldnt be charging any money, as said we are currently scouting places but all we have at the moment is a place in the country(kilfinen), its hilly/forresty/etc, but its confirmed or anything

Regarding insurance, perhaps a disclaimer or waiver signed by each individual would put a landlord at ease?

I am involved in a group who occupy a premesis every year for three days and the government body who own the site don't require insurance from us just a standard damage / injury waiver to be signed and returned to them by each individual. All they ask is that the site be closed to anyone not returning a waiver form to them and closed to general visitors. Nice and simple really.

Killinator wrote: »
    insurance shouldnt be needed seen as we wouldnt be charging any money, as said we are currently scouting places but all we have at the moment is a place in the country(kilfinen), its hilly/forresty/etc, but its confirmed or anything

Not familiar with the area but I will have a scout around to see if there is anything that may be suitable in my area (I've been wracking my brains about this).

Good stuff, with everyone searching we'll find a place in no time

Ya i must get out n about this weekend and do some sussin in my home place, As i know the Farmers ,permission will be no prob its just the terrain type that we need,
    Ill keep u posted:D:D:D:D

I spotted some potentially good ground until I realised its perfectly visible from two roads and actually bounds one of the roads.

Oh well, on with the searching.

At this rate well have a place in no time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

Well a bit of an update on the location of a training ground for the LADS even though the s at the end of the team name dnt mean nutin bt THE LAD just dnt sound rite.anyway back to my point.im goin checkin out another place at the weekend that the mrs nos of thats apparently out of the site of any farms or roads or things like that and that noone ever goes there.so il let ye all no friday wat its like

I have a couple of pallets that I'll donate to a site.

I'm sure a bit of camo netting and they'll look ok.

I had no joy on a location :mad::mad:

How did ye get on at G-tac?
    Cant wait to get there next w-end myself :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Ian apparently has had considerable success on location, so thats good,:)
    G_TAC was great as per usual, not a huge amount there but it was great fun none the less, the cqb area is improved to no end with great cover all over, you'll hardly recognise it on sunday:)

Excellent I cant wait, I hate this week on week off thing lol

Let me know when ye are going to the site and ill give ye a hand there:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D:pac::D

FINALLY FINALLY my BDU's arrived, Took so long i forgot what type they were lol,
    YA ill be at home this eve tryin em on now that i av everythin WHOPEE lol

What's this consist of Mark?

Did you opt for a particular theme or is it simply a particular pattern?

Anyone go for the all black look?

Tactical wrote: »
    What's this consist of Mark?

Did you opt for a particular theme or is it simply a particular pattern?

Anyone go for the all black look?
    Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170199395975 I did look at the all black but decided not to, but may yet get a set and alternate between the 2 lol

Not bad at all, far less money that I would have thought Mark.

For me the black look would require minimal investment as a good portion of my work stuff is already black ;) New boots, googles, (find that full face mask interferes with aiming especially for sniping) balaclave or neoprene type mask + gum shield.

Ya there r reasonable hehe but the wait to get them is such a pain,
    Ill gonna put it all together with the black Tac_Vest+Ballaclava etc 2nite n c how it looks,:D:D

Hooray, my 1911 should arrive tomorrow.:):):)
    Cool gear, Tony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

MarkLmk wrote: »
    Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170199395975 I did look at the all black but decided not to, but may yet get a set and alternate between the 2 lol

Nice one T.
    I've used Bidchart on ebay also - his stuff is pretty good but gotta agree with the slow postage. welcome to the multisham brigade :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement