Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Roses/Heroes/Quality Street/Celebrations et al Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

by the way Dunnes are restricting the boxes of sweets to 4 per customer or at least per transaction. I presume this is to stop people like me buying 6 tins and then claiming €7 off with my SuperValu voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭crayon80

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ah no!!! I left all green ones after me last year cause i don't like carmel ones.

Ah now, never leave a man behind! Or at least give it a nibble before you do!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Celebrations and Roses in Aldi at the moment for 4 euro 95.Same price as Dunnes.

Seen them in Aldi Finglas the other day. Bought 11 of them for the girls in my little fellas creche!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Anyone know the best price for a tin of chocolate kimberley? There just too good..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Celebrations and Roses in Aldi at the moment for 4 euro 95.Same price as Dunnes.

€5.95 or 2 for €10 in Supervalu, €4,95 everywhere else afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

gufc21 wrote: »
    I hear the coffee roses are making a return. Excited isn't the word!!

the coffee ones returned last year!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Pfftstrssfg grrrrrs went in yesterday to Tesco and all they had left was Celebrations and Quality Street, asked a manager for Roses and Heroes told me all gone but will be back in and will be 4.95 to christmas.... today on their website it shows they are now 6.00 (was 7.00)

OH I hate you so much right now Tesco

Any place else selling them sub 5.00 and ill give them my money instead ?

you prob have them got by now but supervalu doing 2 for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

messrs wrote: »
    the coffee ones returned last year!

They're not the proper coffee ones though - they used to be coffee cremes similar to the strawberry. Now they're coffee truffles, nowhere near as nice :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

They're not the proper coffee ones though - they used to be coffee cremes similar to the strawberry. Now they're coffee truffles, nowhere near as nice :(

WTF? The coffee truffle is the nicest sweet in the tub. I'd buy a full tub of just those if I could.

I can't understand the outrage.

aw Yea I remember the ones your talking about. I got a box of roses about 3 weeks ago and there wasn't any of them in that, so unless the are bringing out new edition before Christmas you are out of luck :( the coffee ones were the only ones that were ever left behind and threw out in my house, no one ever liked them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

They're down to €4 in dunnes (well 3.99) for anyone who is still looking for some. Just got a box of roses and quality street in beacon/Sandyford in case anyone cares!!!

Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Yip. €3.99 in Dunnes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Bought 4 boxes for 20 quid yesterday :(

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Bought 4 boxes for 20 quid yesterday :(

So did I......your not alone if that is of any comfort to you.......

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Are they still €4 a tin in Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

badker wrote: »
    Are they still €4 a tin in Dunnes?

Just back from Dunnes and they're still €4 :) Very tempting but I resisted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Just a word of warning for anyone who bought the Roses in Dunnes. Although they are advertised at €3.99, when they were scanned they were being charged at €13.90 which is what I was charged until I checked my receipt and went back in to be refunded the difference. I got them to scan them again just to make sure and they came up as €13.90 so its highly likely this could have been going on all day or even longer. This happened in the Dunnes in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

2,99 in dunnes todayy

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Thanks, I need to discretely top up the quality street as I ate at least half the tin last night.

If I keep this up, the caramel barrel will be making a reappearance in the new year in the form of my belly ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I know I know, it's early, tell the bleedin' supermarkets !!

However...

Supervalu email

"Remember the big tin?........It's back

Nestle Quality Street Tin 1.315 Kg"

€8.00 TODAY only with your rewards card !! Though I'm sure they'll be still selling them at €8.00 tomorrow too as there is no way they'll sell out today !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked up 2 tins and there was still loads left. They'd have to keep it on for longer. Didn't even see it advertised anywhere

I notice the Roses tub is smaller again these days - down to 700 and something grams.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The 780g tubs of Quality Street and rapidly shrinking tubs of Roses were two for a tenner in Dunnes last week. Am sure that price will be repeated again before long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

vicwatson wrote: »
    Nestle Quality Street Tin 1.315 Kg"

€8.00 TODAY only with your rewards card !! Though I'm sure they'll be still selling them at €8.00 tomorrow too as there is no way they'll sell out today !!

Seen them in Supervalu last night. I will admit, I was tempted with it. But I don't think I could actually bring myself to buy them this early in the year (and not have them all ate before Christmas even starts!). Anyway my local Supervalu weren't in a rush to sell them, they were neatly tucked in under a display table!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭alcaline

That have done something to the Roses, they taste greasy like to much oil added to them. Wont be buying them again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

alcaline wrote: »
    That have done something to the Roses, they taste greasy like to much oil added to them. Wont be buying them again.

Its soya, and its to reduce manufacturing costs as cocoa has got quite dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The cocoa epidemic is worse than global warming at this stage :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

alcaline wrote: »

Thats Kraft foods for ya, americanised "chocolate" !! Yuck

Was in a supervalue today and they were still on sale for €8 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Still 8 eur in supervalu. Couldn't resist! They certainly won't last until Christmas.

Advertisement