Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Wentworth Miller was the reason I stopped watching the Flash. That's how much I hate his acting. How awful is he in it?

He's as wonderfully awful as in The Flash

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I wish the director would just say "HEY WENTWORTH! STOP DOING THE STUPID VOICE! JUST TALK NORMALLY!"

Tbh even if he stopped doing the silly voice he'd still be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mr E wrote: »
    I wish the director would just say "HEY WENTWORTH! STOP DOING THE STUPID VOICE! JUST TALK NORMALLY!"

I wouldn't change it. For me it's just so damn cheesy that it goes all the way around to being brilliant :D

Penn wrote: »
    I wouldn't change it. For me it's just so damn cheesy that it goes all the way around to being brilliant :D

Same here. Him and Dominic Purcell are having a ton of fun hamming it up, and I really enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

That was a somewhat enjoyable episode. I'll definitely continue watching.
    The only issue I have with all series like this is they've pretty much set the ending from the start. Does this show not have a finite amount of episodes?

For example lets say the bad guy gets killed, the good guys family and future are saved. is that not it?

more examples would be Flash forward or Prison break,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well Flash Forward had a second Flash Forward, and Prison Break had another Prison Break. :)

I'm sure they could come up with another story for season two (if they go down that route). Vandal Savage might survive too. They might get 2 or 3 seasons out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

crazyderk wrote: »
    That was a somewhat enjoyable episode. I'll definitely continue watching.
    The only issue I have with all series like this is they've pretty much set the ending from the start. Does this show not have a finite amount of episodes?

For example lets say the bad guy gets killed, the good guys family and future are saved. is that not it?

more examples would be Flash forward or Prison break,

I think that was their plan, that essentially it would be a new team/villain each season.

Mr E wrote: »
    Well Flash Forward had a second Flash Forward, and Prison Break had another Prison Break. :)

I'm sure they could come up with another story for season two (if they go down that route). Vandal Savage might survive too. They might get 2 or 3 seasons out of him.

That's kind of my point. Prison break could have ended after the first season, maybe 2. the third and fourth season got ridiculous.

I understand the second flash forward, it was a machine who created it but again once that storyline is done the show is kind of done.

I suppose if you could have a different bad guy in season 2 possibly a new crew. I'm just a bit wary I suppose, I tend to get to emotionally attached to characters/shows and then they die/get cancelled, Curse you Game of thrones/Doctor Who/Stargate and so on!

so I'll just have to wait to see if it gets renewed or if there's another story arc they could go with.

They said they're going to make this a kind of anthology show in the vein of Fargo, True Detective, etc. Completely different crew and villains each season. We'll see if they stick to that if a particular character starts becoming very popular.

• Advertisement

Watching Prison Break and Wentworth Miller isn't half bad. What happened??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MJohnston wrote: »
    Same here. Him and Dominic Purcell are having a ton of fun hamming it up, and I really enjoy it.
    Exactly! They're clearly not treating it as a serious dramatic role, hence the acting up. It's a lot of fun I find. From browsing other forms, they appears to be very popular too for the utterly OTT performances (in particular from Miller).

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I thought the second episode was an improvement over the first, gives a bit of hope for the rest of the series.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Arrow reference for those watching it as well
    Damien Darhk looking pretty much the same age in 1976 as he does now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Axwell wrote: »
    Arrow reference for those watching it....

I actually kinda hoped more would come of that. That they would ARROW REFERENCE
    have to face down a tag team of Darhk and Savage in a bigger way during the rest of the episode. Also that we might see more of Darhk's matter bending powers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just watched the first episode there. Was hoping it could be a bit of goofy fun but it's just really really awful unfortunately. I haven't made it past the first few episodes of any of the other DC shows either though so I'm not sure why I expected this to be different. Might give it another shot own the line if I hear it improves as it goes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good god. When somebody is dying.....the words "Save your strength!" should never, ever, ever, ever be uttered.

Who writes crap like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode there. Was hoping it could be a bit of goofy fun but it's just really really awful unfortunately. I haven't made it past the first few episodes of any of the other DC shows either though so I'm not sure why I expected this to be different. Might give it another shot own the line if I hear it improves as it goes along.

Episode 2 was the goofy fun you were looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Mickeroo wrote: »

I seriously recommend The Flash. Easily the best of the DC shows and goofy fun by the bucketload.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I seriously recommend The Flash. Easily the best of the DC shows and goofy fun by the bucketload.

Flash is the only one I've found remotely likeable so far, but only watched the pilot there too.

• Advertisement

maybe these are just not for you?

Which would suck, cause there is fun to be had

maybe these are just not for you?

Which would suck, cause there is fun to be had

I actually started with just the flash then just before Christmas I started to give Arrow a go for the second time. I really enjoyed the Arrow if you just get through the first season. Season 2 is really good.
    I'll keep watching this for the moment and see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

Darvill seems to be playing a knockoff of Doctor Who (Time master- really??)

The character of Rip Hunter actually predates Doctor Who by a few years having first appeared in 1959.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Mormegil wrote: »
    The character of Rip Hunter actually predates Doctor Who by a few years having first appeared in 1959.

Strange that he is that old but has never appeared in a series before this. Second episode was a slight improvement but I wish they would take in some real world politics from the past. Have the PLO or some real leftist terrorist group of that time try to buy a nuke.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,113 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NOt a fan of this so far - very weak in comparison to Arrow and Flash. The big weakness for me, imo, is the action scenes. Too many things just flying around and exploding, little viewable and appreciable choreography.

Will continue to watch it, but i'm certainly not gripped and its not a show I can't wait to watch the next episode of (like Flash, Arrow or The Expanse). Agent Carter is also disappointing me this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,113 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

NOt a fan of this so far - very weak in comparison to Arrow and Flash. The big weakness for me, imo, is the action scenes. Too many things just flying around and exploding, little viewable and appreciable choreography.

Will continue to watch it, but i'm certainly not gripped and its not a show I can't wait to watch the next episode of (like Flash, Arrow or The Expanse). Agent Carter is also disappointing me this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭squonk

It's better than I expected after watching Episode 1. Ep 2 found it's feet a little more. I was surprised to see Damien Darkh back in 1976 and, like others, I thought they'd make more of it. Is there a reason he's not aging? I know he's got powers so I assume that's part of the deal?

Wentworth Miller irks me as well! I know they're hamming it up overall but I wish they'd tone it down a bit. The two guys are great characters but the bloody overacting is a killer.

I'm interested to see where they go with the time hopping overall. I'm not sure it makes sense to replace the team each season. I quite like Victor Garber and he's quite a draw for me to watch this show. Without him and Routh it'd be pretty meh so they really need to be careful about the heavyweights they're bring in next season if they're rejigging the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,547 ✭✭✭squonk

It's better than I expected after watching Episode 1. Ep 2 found it's feet a little more. I was surprised to see Damien Darkh back in 1976 and, like others, I thought they'd make more of it. Is there a reason he's not aging? I know he's got powers so I assume that's part of the deal?

Wentworth Miller irks me as well! I know they're hamming it up overall but I wish they'd tone it down a bit. The two guys are great characters but the bloody overacting is a killer.

I'm interested to see where they go with the time hopping overall. I'm not sure it makes sense to replace the team each season. I quite like Victor Garber and he's quite a draw for me to watch this show. Without him and Routh it'd be pretty meh so they really need to be careful about the heavyweights they're bring in next season if they're rejigging the team.

• Advertisement

Hasn't Darkh stated on Arrow already that he's real old? Regardless, Ra's Al Ghul definitely made it clear that Darkh stole some Lazarus Pit water way back when they were rivals to be Ra's.

Advertisement