Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC's Legends of Tomorrow (CW)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

She was dead for several months so she probably wouldn't have decomposed as much but was probably in the pit for a much longer time than Thea, who was in for only a few minutes after being dead for at least a day. There will probably be serious repercussions for being in the pit for so long which could affect her personality
    But Thea wasn't dead she was only near death

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

But Thea wasn't dead she was only near death
    Was that actually clarified

Was that actually clarified
    Looked pretty clear to me, she was life support and the only way to save her was the pit.How she survived the plane journey and the journey their is just down to Arrow's magic;)

Looked pretty clear to me, she was life support and the only way to save her was the pit.How she survived the plane journey and the journey their is just down to Arrow's magic;)
    Yeah see that's why I thought she was dead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Going from what happened at the end of the Arrow finale
    I'd guess that Malcolm (new Ra'As Al Ghul) revives her to appease Nyssa

Also highly possible. It's just to me that she didn't come across as recently revived. Then again, it was only a trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I won't see the Arrow finale until tomorrow...now all those spoiler tags and that video are teasing me :(

Yeah, not only does the trailer spoil the Arrow finale in a few ways, after you have seen it it will also be spoiling Season 4 a little bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Couple of things I found interesting in that trailer
    For the Cold/Heatwave intro, they seemed to be in a dome with the Flash, but seemed to have Reverse Flash and Black Canary watching.
    It seemed careful to not show Firestorm's face.
    Sara has a less revealing costume. Boo. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Couple of things I found interesting in that trailer
    For the Cold/Heatwave intro, they seemed to be in a dome with the Flash, but seemed to have Reverse Flash and Black Canary watching.
    It seemed careful to not show Firestorm's face.
    Sara has a less revealing costume. Boo. :-(

As pointed out, the trailer was specially made as a promo, and it re uses a bunch of footage from previous episodes and promos - the dome bit is from a promo, which is why Reverse Flash and Black Canary were there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Lmao at how low budget this looks. I can't get past it. I really want to like all these superhero shows but why does DC have to use such a cheap network. Marvel aren't much better because their shows all have that cheap and low budget feel to them except for Daredevil which was done by Netflix who basically showed up these networks ($200m budget for the 4 superhero shows and the defenders mini series says it all).

The effects look like something out of a film student's project. How can they be okay with releasing this cheap looking trash? They should just cancel all these shows and give them a rest for a couple of years and then reboot them with Netflix and give fans and even the superheroes themselves the show that they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lmao at how low budget this looks. I can't get past it. I really want to like all these superhero shows but why does DC have to use such a cheap network. Marvel aren't much better because their shows all have that cheap and low budget feel to them except for Daredevil which was done by Netflix who basically showed up these networks ($200m budget for the 4 superhero shows and the defenders mini series says it all).

The effects look like something out of a film student's project. How can they be okay with releasing this cheap looking trash? They should just cancel all these shows and give them a rest for a couple of years and then reboot them with Netflix and give fans and even the superheroes themselves the show that they deserve.

To be fair, the CGI in agents of shield has been excellent this season. I realise they have a bigger budget, but you can tell. Gordons nightcrawler style teleportation effects have looked terrific.....and the "SkyeSplosion" in the forest from a few episodes back was great looking.

Admittedly, it still suffers from some terrible green screen shots but every show on tv suffers with that so you cant really blame them.

Daredevil as a hero doesnt have any special powers that requires extensive CGI. It's all martial arts. That makes it easier to shoot. Having to do any scene involving the ATOM must be a total headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

why does DC have to use such a cheap network.
    Because they're owned by Warner bros. Therefore whatever shows they make, they'll put on their own channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Did the poster from a few posts back get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? :pac: I think the effects look great, these are TV shows and while a bigger budget to spend on fancier SFX would be wonderful, I think they look pretty amazing as they are. And we get to see our comic book heroes featuring in an ongoing storyline told over a weekly basis, not just in one big blockbuster movie where story and character development is rushed etc. We're so lucky to be living in an era with the chance to watch multiple superheroes having their own shows and spin-offs. Be happy! :)

Can't wait to see who they get to play Vandal Savage.
    Guggenheim also confirmed that the plan is for 13 episodes in Season 1, and that it will all be “a 13 hour long mega-movie.”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No Robbie Amell?

Lucas Hood wrote:
    No Robbie Amell?

Nope, his movie career is taking off so something probably happens to his character in the flash season finale

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nope, his movie career is taking off so something probably happens to his character in the flash season finale

You see firestorm in the trailer just not Robbie Amell.

AGAIN I'll point out that this was a specially filmed promo, without knowing how much of a series order (and therefore budget) they had, and not part of the running of the regular show. The budget therefore would have been absolutely minimal, and yes, it shows, but you really have to bear that in mind.

The CGI work for The Flash has been frequently superb, and the little that they've used on Arrow for A.T.O.M. has been really great too, so I don't think we have anything to worry about. The one thing I *really* hope they do a lot of work on is the Atom's shrinking effects. Edgar Wright absolutely nailed what that should look like with his Antman test footage, imo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pFrplmexo

Just after seeing this on twitter.
    The dam where the team is battling is the same one from the Smallville Clark/Bizarro fight in the season 6 season finale and was also used in the 100 season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm fairly positive they used it in Stargate Universe too.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm fairly positive they used it in Stargate Universe too.

Most shows that are filmed in Vancouver use a lot of the same locations

Im pretty sure i saw that rooftop in Arrow alot too :D
    Im also pretty sure i saw Oliver is wearing an Arrow costume again

Im pretty sure i saw that rooftop in Arrow alot too :D
    Im also pretty sure i saw Oliver is wearing an Arrow costume again

There is an interview going around the web where Stephen Amell said
    "Arrow is done," he revealed. "No more Arrow suit. I've worn it for the last time."
    As a result of this
    He is wearing the Arrow suit as the Green Arrow Suit hasn't been created yet and the trailer was only a proof of concept

I really liked that suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭fataltragedy

There is an interview going around the web where Stephen Amell said
    "Arrow is done," he revealed. "No more Arrow suit. I've worn it for the last time."
    As a result of this
    He is wearing the Arrow suit as the Green Arrow Suit hasn't been created yet and the trailer was only a proof of concept

I met Stephen last weekend, and he repeated this to us also as an affirmative. He was very cagey on releasing any further information about S04 although he did say that for S01-03, he knew much more about what was going to happen going into them than he does now for S04. Not that that helped much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Now this is how you do a trailer

Hawkman to appear in show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the cast panel from comic con, still no locked in air date yet, im still wondering if their gonna put it into mid season like agent carter with marvel filling the agents of SHIELD mid season break, it would be interesting if they do cause they could potentially have ollie and barry from arrow and flash make a kind of decent impact on the show to give it a good kick start

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    the cast panel from comic con, still no locked in air date yet, im still wondering if their gonna put it into mid season like agent carter with marvel filling the agents of SHIELD mid season break, it would be interesting if they do cause they could potentially have ollie and barry from arrow and flash make a kind of decent impact on the show to give it a good kick start

Pretty sure they've already said it'll be a midseason show, with a more limited run of episodes too.

Advertisement