Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tiger King [Netflix]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I cringed pretty much every time Carole said "hey all you cats and kittens out there" or whatever it was.

Honestly I'm not sure how she got to the husband before he got to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭whatever76

There is something off with Carole there is no doubting that - way too sweet to be wholesome ; she was running her own type of Cult I think. she really got into Joe's head though - his threats were way out of line and her not reacting and remaining nice a calm made him worse , she knew what she was doing.

Actually conflicted telling people watch it as underneath it all outside of all the crazy characters and their antics which in itself is fascinating - the animal abuse was just awful to watch - wish there were no Animals involved !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

whatever76 wrote: »
    There is something off with Carole there is no doubting that - way too sweet to be wholesome ; she was running her own type of Cult I think. she really got into Joe's head though - his threats were way out of line and her not reacting and remaining nice a calm made him worse , she knew what she was doing.

Actually conflicted telling people watch it as underneath it all outside of all the crazy characters and their antics which in itself is fascinating - the animal abuse was just awful to watch - wish there were no Animals involved !

That kind of got glossed over but yeah. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭briany

OK, I have to be fair to Carol Baskin and post this link that I came across on her website

https://bigcatrescue.org/refuting-netflix-tiger-king/

This is pretty much a page of rebuttals to certain perceptions of Carol and her business that she felt the documentary unfairly created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

maebee wrote: »
    There's nothing likable about Joe, imo. He is cruel to animals :(. He's wired to the moon. I'm only on ep. 4 but reckon she "disappeared" her first husband. Mental, the lot of them.

How is she less cruel?

She cages animals too

Joe is a degenerate space cadet and fully certifiable but he's great TV, he's a pathetic loser

That Jeff Lowe guy is an evil scumbag however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    How is she less cruel?

She cages animals too

Joe is a degenerate space cadet and fully certifiable but he's great TV, he's a pathetic loser

How dare you :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The way she scammed her dead husbands family out of proper inheritance was scummy.

ricero wrote: »
    The way she scammed her dead husbands family out of proper inheritance was scummy.

she came from nothing and inherited her first husbands money but due to presumably needing respectability along with money , she needed a respected man in her life ( current husband - the stiff ) , she is now herself respectable , shes the kind who clawed her way to the top , she was once trash , butter wouldnt melt in her mouth , shes ghastly

everyone in the show is trash

How is she less cruel?

She cages animals too

Did you miss the part of the documentary where they showed roadshows and just generally bothering the animals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Some Americans are batsh1t crazy.

Have a look on twitter. A large amount of them went straight to "people with guns are coming to take my supplies" and went to bulk buy guns and ammo when the current crisis started. What a way to live life when community spirit is basically "ill be nice to my neighbour but at the first hint of an issue, I'm going to assume he'll be storming my house for toilet paper"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭briany

everyone in the show is trash

Most of the main players definitely had an air of crookedness, but I thought some of the secondary people like Saff were redeemable.

On episode 4 here. It's the most mental program/series I've ever seen on any TV, ever. It's off the wall. Disturbing viewing but I would recommend it as good for lock-down viewing. Some Americans are batsh1t crazy.

I watched the Louis Theroux documentary featuring Joe Exotic and some dope in it was like “Yeah, I’d like to have a tiger. A small one like that” pointing to a tiger cub. Like he thought it would stay that small.

Louis’s reactions to the wild animals are priceless throughout.

briany wrote: »
    Most of the main players definitely had an air of crookedness, but I thought some of the secondary people like Saff were redeemable.

I didn’t know what to make of Saff. Sound or deluded, I just don’t know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,460 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Finished it tonight. Totally bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fúcking jet-ski scene.

"Yeah, I'll do your documentary but you guys gotta do something for me...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just on the election they mentioned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Oklahoma_gubernatorial_election#Results_4

He finished 3rd of 3 in the Libertarian primary. He got 664 votes of 3,558 total votes

They kinda make out like his finished 3rd in the governor elections

On the show, I watched after the big hype and found it a slight let down. Do have some sympathy for Joe as I think initially his heart was in the right place but he kinda lost the run of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I may have lived a very sheltered life but this was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I watched the first 3 episodes last night.

During the first episode I had a feeling about Carole, after episode 2... I was glad of my instincts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

There’s your material for series 2 right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

There is another documentary on YouTube called the life exotic. Just popped up on my YouTube, published a year ago, going to have a look now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Joe Exotic reportedly has the covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

What in the actual fcuk did I just watch? I remember seeing Joe Exotic on a Louis Theroux Doc a few years back.

Also David Spade has a chat with all involved with the show, one on one.
    It's a very interesting watch.
    (YouTube)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is probably the truth too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Early on when Saff loses an arm to a tiger I thought "This is mental" Little did I realise that at the end it wouldn't even get into my top 10 mental things that happened.

So many villains. Doc Antle just makes my skin crawl and I hope Jeff gets done by the feds for something.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Anyone think there is a slight chance that Joe was setup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Notdeco wrote: »
    There is another documentary on YouTube called the life exotic. Just popped up on my YouTube, published a year ago, going to have a look now.

Did you watch this Notdeco ?
    Any good ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Griselda

This is all over my WhatsApp. I'll have to watch.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Did you watch this Notdeco ?
    Any good ?
    It's OK, it actually has footage that was used in the netflix show. Saff talks about losing her arm.
    It's worth a watch imo.
    It's not bat**** crazy like the netflix one.
    In this it looks like he really does care about the animals.
    (the singing though)

Edit:It's more like a pro Joe docu.
    But interesting nonetheless

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »

Yes. Also David Spade interviews all involved in the series on his YouTube channel have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Low budget remake:

x1ixAOs.jpg

VXWgehC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Just finished it. Literally the most bizarre and incredible thing I've ever watched. I'm convinced Carole is a murderer and Joe isn't as bad as has been made out. The other's in it make my skin crawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

So grotesque. I’d happily feed Joe to his big cats if they could stomach him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Finished it last night, I'm so glad that I don't live in America. I'll take the Healy-Raes any day!

The funeral scene was appalling, Joe's mind bending narcissism really came to the fore.

Of all the f*cked up thing in this show, the worst was Jeff Lowe's dress sense.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Finished it last night, I'm so glad that I don't live in America. I'll take the Healy-Raes any day!

The funeral scene was appalling, Joe's mind bending narcissism really came to the fore.

Of all the f*cked up thing in this show, the worst was Jeff Lowe's dress sense.

Surely, Jeff's facial hair was worse. That weird beard thing he had was desperate looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

You should put up a spoiler alert for series 2.
    The whole thing was bizarre especially the triple wedding. Due to a lack of sport, that Garretson lad won out the Gold medal for ‘being creep as fcuk’ against very stiff opposition.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

That was nuts....

Meth... Meth everywhere....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Does Doc know how he comes across looking for the hottest nanny with his wife sat there? Is that meant to be good banter?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

cian68 wrote: »
    Does Doc know how he comes across looking for the hottest nanny with his wife sat there? Is that meant to be good banter?

Joe isn't it? Joe is a horrible POS, absolutely needs to be looked at by the authorities properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I should have said 'your man' I've already forgotten all their names and I finished it today. Except that god damn Carol Baskins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I should have said 'your man' I've already forgotten all their names and I finished it today. Except that god damn Carol Baskins

Jeff, Joe, John, James - anyone with a J was dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Caegan

Carol was a piece of work, trying to put across a holier than thou persona. Not sure the accusations are true but she was probably more unlikeable than most of the other characters.

" slight " ?

he must have had the most useless defense lawyer ever

testimony from a bunch of two bit crooks (with rap sheets to boot) sent him down

• Advertisement

that was jeff who was letting his young wife know she needed to get back in shape post maternity while simultaneously signalling his enthusiasm for a busty latin nanny

slimiest character in the entire show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

" slight " ?

he must have had the most useless defense lawyer ever

testimony from a bunch of two bit crooks (with rap sheets to boot) sent him down

Even Allen the assassin said "apparently I chickened out". Too much macismo to actually say he chickened out, as he was told to, so has to add the "apparently" just so people know he really is a hardman.

Joe should probably be in prison for animal cruelty, numerous threats and fraud, but I have little doubt he was set up for planning a murder.

How so?
    Just finished it. Literally the most bizarre and incredible thing I've ever watched. I'm convinced Carole is a murderer and Joe isn't as bad as has been made out. The other's in it make my skin crawl.

Preying on vulnerable people? An conviction for murder-for-hire? Carole may well be a murderer but Joe is convicted of wanting to commit same. So he’s just as bad. Hiring somebody to murder someone is the same as doing it yourself as far as I’m concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh my God the video Joe made for Here Kitty Kitty with the Carol lookalike :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I still have to watch the last episode but I wonder when the lawyer of Carol’s first husband didn’t speculate on his death was he alluding to organized crime? Jeff Lowe gives the impression of someone who is involved in that environment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement