Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What are you using for encoding? Better quality but still not that great (at least the cyclists are visible now)

fritzelly wrote: »
      What are you using for encoding? Better quality but still not that great (at least the cyclists are visible now)

It's rare that this happens, it's 2 X video clips merged, unfortunately the cyclist took the chance exactly as that 3min clip ended...so I merged that clip and the following clip.. The merging app did the damage. Awwwwwwh well we get the jist of it anyhows...

[PHP][/PHP]
      bazz26 wrote: »
      Can you share what speed the dashcam car was travelling at versus the speed limit on the road because I couldn't make it out from that clip?

Ayyyyyye I'll do that,gimme a min........ Z z z z z z

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

• Advertisement

Brakes seem to be very bad on cars out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is that the same one from last year or a carbon copy by another mad cyclist?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Same as last year. Timestamp in the vid is july 2019.

Nice last name, the poster of the tweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Brakes seem to be very bad on cars out there.

Particularly when you try to operate them from the big button in the middle of the steering wheel.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

When a motorist breaks a red light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Mr Snow wrote: »

Jesus Christ, the horror :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Ah sure it won't hurt at all I have a helmet on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭Damien360

Did you even get an acknowledgement of his own stupidity.....a hand in the air. Well done avoiding that. Lucky the van had passed a second or two earlier on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭josip

Spook_ie wrote: »

Jesus what a stupid kunt.
      Not only was he too far from home during corona lockdown, he nearly had you living with the consequences of his idiotic move for the rest of your life.
      Brainless, dumb, selfish fuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

josip wrote: »
      Jesus what a stupid kunt.
      Not only was he too far from home during corona lockdown, he nearly had you living with the consequences of his idiotic move for the rest of your life.
      Brainless, dumb, selfish fuk.

Happy to say not my car, I think the stress would have killed me, it didn't do it any good just watching the fecking video

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was he deaf aswell? How do you not hear something coming up behind you at that speed on a road like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Thargor wrote: »
      Was he deaf aswell? How do you not hear something coming up behind you at that speed on a road like that?

The van on the other side of the road might have drowned out the sound of the cam car. Not justifying just speculating, lucky boy the cam driver has good reaction skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The van on the other side of the road might have drowned out the sound of the cam car. Not justifying just speculating, lucky boy the cam driver has good reaction skills.

Doesn't justify just doing a u-turn on a main road because he was scared of getting stopped by the gardai
      Total moron who probably thought he looked sexy and like a pro in his lycra
      Very lucky to be still alive - a few seconds later doing the stupid move he would have been road kill

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

fritzelly wrote: »
      Doesn't justify just doing a u-turn on a main road because he was scared of getting stopped by the gardai
      Total moron who probably thought he looked sexy and like a pro in his lycra
      Very lucky to be still alive - a few seconds later doing the stupid move he would have been road kill

And it would be another cyclist death that an innocent driver would have been blamed on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And that folks is why we all have dashcams............

That guy gets hit, and its the big bad death machine driver up against a possibly dead green save the planet eco warrior.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Spook_ie wrote: »

That is unbelievable :eek: I'd guess head phones played a part in this aswell as panic at the checkpoint not to mention a bucket load of stupidity. I mean wtf was he thinking.:mad: I'd be interested to see if cam driver said it to the Garda at the check point.

And that folks is why we all have dashcams............

That guy gets hit, and its the big bad death machine driver up against a possibly dead green save the planet eco warrior.....

And that's the attitude that only stirs the pot.

And we were told so may times that “what harm could they be doing cycling outside their 5km?”.

Really though, headphones should be clamped down on in a big way once you’re on the roads. Pedestrian, cyclist, driver, doesn’t matter they should be completely out of the question.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
      And that's the attitude that only stirs the pot.

In fairness, that’s how these things get painted and would have got painted if not for the excellent reactions of the driver (and the camera).

And it would be another cyclist death that an innocent driver would have been blamed on.
      Garda forensics would have determined that the cyclist was crossing in front of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

Didn't you hear? It's the drivers responsibility to avoid any and all suicidal behaviour from some cyclists. They're the ones who are in the two ton killing machines.

I really hope they were reported to the Gards for that level of endangerment to others. And charged to the maximum level possible for it. Visceral reaction by most is to avoid the cyclist, had there been another car coming it likely would have been fatal.

In fairness, that’s how these things get painted and would have got painted if not for the excellent reactions of the driver (and the camera).

Oh I agree but this is one exceptional case of stupidity lets not belittle the many other incidents on the opposite scale that this thread has many examples of. Also fair play to the driver for being so aware and reacting so well.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

a possibly dead green save the planet eco warrior.....

Or just someone who enjoys cycling.

You're statement is completely moronic.

A pedestrian was killed a few days ago by driver who failed to stop.........by your rationale it was a uninsured banned coked up drunk chatting to his mates on the phone seeing how much over the speed limit he can go.

Advertisement