Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They were £11,000 new :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

11k me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

11k cent maybe

But it’s 110bhp, like a Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Two similar looking examples on Ebay.co.uk for £6 and 7k each

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Great car unbeatable and unbreakable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There's another 400k in that! What a find

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

One of my first cars was a 93 salmon coloured corolla.
    Got it for free and the only issue I ever had with it were both the cv boots failed. 20 euro later and it was back on the road.
    Surprisingly nippy and good on fuel.
    Great yoke to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That Corolla takes me back. Funny looking radio in that one. Thought the came with a Kenwood originally.

• Advertisement

That Corolla takes me back. Funny looking radio in that one. Thought the came with a Kenwood originally.

Yeah its definitely not familiar, I'd guess just a nondescript replacement for whatever reason.

The whole car really screams Priest/nun's car!

Yeah its definitely not familiar, I'd guess just a nondescript replacement for whatever reason.

The whole car really screams Priest/nun's car!

That’s a Blaupunkt ACR3250. Probably came out of a mini.

14_ABAB41-6923-454_D-_BAB0-67_AA0_CC16_BFB.jpg

48_DF5_CA6-8_F46-4_D10-_BE66-4_A4981984_BDA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I had a 97 one of those Corollas, was a xli plus which had "extras" like central locking and cool white backlit speedo and rev counter. Definitely had a more modern Kenwood stereo than the one in that car.

I sold a cleaner 96 non “plus” model 12 years ago (incidentally with similar service history and one owner) for less money than that, it had a Kenwood stereo too, but not the quick release one the earlier ones had.

I remember those quick release stereos in the Carina II my father had, the front bezel of the stereo used to pop off as an anti theft feature. You got a little box holder for it too. I think most people either didn't bother or just put the bezel into the glove box.

I remember too that they brought out a special edition Corolla hatchback around 95 called the Ceres which came in one or two exclusive colours that were in fashion at the time, I think everyone that bought one went with the Cyan colour but I think I seen one in lavender once too. They got nicer fabric seats also but not sure what else they got that the normal one didn't have. Back then central locking or power mirrors were rare in that class of car.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I remember those quick release stereos in the Carina II my father had, the front bezel of the stereo used to pop off as an anti theft feature. You got a little box holder for it too. I think most people either didn't bother or just put the bezel into the glove box.

I remember too that they brought out a special edition Corolla hatchback around 95 called the Ceres which came in one or two exclusive colours that were in fashion at the time, I think everyone that bought one went with the Cyan colour but I think I seen one in lavender once too. They got nicer fabric seats also but not sure what else they got that the normal one didn't have. Back then central locking or power mirrors were rare in that class of car.

With the ones in the earlier Corollas you’d flip a handle up and actually slide the stereo out! There were no plugs to line up or anything.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vintage-rare-rover-metro-rio-1-1-1994/19247719

OWRmYzUzMjI0NjM3YzQwMDQ3YjhiNjM3ZDZmMzZmOTYWwT124kvwI796QV2NbNODaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMDQ5MDQ3Mzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

If the Corolla doesn't float your boat..have this clergy-owned Metro!

Dreamer thread >>>>>>

There is definately 1 digit too many in that asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say some Rover nut would pay 1500 for that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Obviously will sell quite easily, being on carsireland and being a €58k private sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

carsfan2 wrote: »

I'd say he's on 9 points and bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I'd say he's on 9 points and bricking it. she's making him sell it

Fixed that there.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Fixed that there.:D

Hah! That crossed my mind too. Great minds and under the thumb husbands think alike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hah! That crossed my mind too. Great minds and under the thumb husbands think alike :D

You couldn't be more wrong about me, I'm not married to her! :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I’d say he’s trying to sell for pretty much what he paid for it.
    I think the too much power line is a bit of a tall tale. You don’t stumble into buying a 530d by mistake and then fit black grilles too.

Too powerful? They have a lovely bit of power alright but the way the seller is talking you would swear it was a M5 they were selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

And probably financed to the hilt. Probably be a bargain there in a few weeks for anyone able to sort through the overpriced nonsense and sort that sort of money for a private sale.

• Advertisement

Aren’t they around €75k new?

Advertisement