Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUNDAY December 8th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

antietam wrote: »
      Just studies say bull****ter Utd are losing big time.Study says Idiot's are complete losers.Please can losers correct me jazus the facts say this site is staggering incompetence..

I remember my first beer... :pac:

1. Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Just studies say bull****ter Utd are losing big time.Study says Idiot's are complete losers.Please can losers correct me jazus the facts say this site is staggering incompetence..
        The beautiful people need not reply but thick ****ed morons you're Farage wanker Idiopathic slant of fact.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

SonOfGoat wrote: »
        USA bet. 6.17 @ Aqueduct, Pauseforthecause. Around even money. The horse won't win this evening. My strongest bet of the year so far, 100% lay bet. I've had a barrow load on the lay and I reckon the betfair traders will back it to bring the price down shorter. Horse won't win

100% Won: mQA6zHa.png

2. Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Are you the Zodiac Killer?

1. Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

IAMAMORON wrote: »
          If I see any of those HRI scumbags up around Leopardstown at Christmas I am letting them know. It is disgusting. Shame on them.

What happened?

2. Advertisement
        3. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The beautiful people need not reply but thick ****ed morons you're Farage wanker Idiopathic slant of fact.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Gringo180 wrote: »
          Believe it or not I was structure Engineering in Northern California at that time,you may have av found me out.

5. Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Believe it or not I was structure Engineering in Northern California at that time,you may have av found me out.

6. Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

7. Registered Users Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Morgans

If there ever was one thread to sum up a forum.

8. Advertisement
        9. Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

SonOfGoat wrote: »
          USA bet. 6.17 @ Aqueduct, Pauseforthecause. Around even money. The horse won't win this evening. My strongest bet of the year so far, 100% lay bet. I've had a barrow load on the lay and I reckon the betfair traders will back it to bring the price down shorter. Horse won't win

explosion-night-smoke-fireworks.jpg

10. Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

And upon reading this I believed in Jesus. And Jesus wept.

11. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What happened?

Somebody somewhere thought it would be a good idea to sell the Irish television racing rights to Racing UK. The result has been a devalued television service for punters in Ireland.

If I know anything about anything the board, who would have essentially brokered any deal with RUK, obviously did not consider this when they sold the rights to RUK. I am not even going to begin to speculate what other incentives were on the table. But nothing would surprise me.

Accusations aside, it is the punter who suffers. When ATR had the contract we would have had access to the parade ring and uninterrupted coverage of all the Irish racing today. We would have seen a lot more interviews and seen a lot more horses. Instead we paid second fiddle with split screens and vague UK ramblings from UK pundits, who don't realty care, some more vocally than other. The current coverage is a shambles.

12. Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Have we seen the best bumper horse yet ??????

13. Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

IAMAMORON wrote: »
          Somebody somewhere thought it would be a good idea to sell the Irish television racing rights to Racing UK. The result has been a devalued television service for punters in Ireland.

If I know anything about anything the board, who would have essentially brokered any deal with RUK, obviously did not consider this when they sold the rights to RUK. I am not even going to begin to speculate what other incentives were on the table. But nothing would surprise me.

Accusations aside, it is the punter who suffers. When ATR had the contract we would have had access to the parade ring and uninterrupted coverage of all the Irish racing today. We would have seen a lot more interviews and seen a lot more horses. Instead we paid second fiddle with split screens and vague UK ramblings from UK pundits, who don't realty care, some more vocally than other. The current coverage is a shambles.

Wasn't Punchestown due off at 1.50 but didn't go off until 2.01?

Off races times look to be :

1220 off 1221
          1250 off 1255
          120 off 131

Why was this.

To me this is what caused the issue.

It doesn't matter what channel they are on, the clash would still have happened in race times.

14. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

There was a delay after Davy Russell fell ill in the parade ring just before the 1-20 race. It had a knock on effect essentially delaying the following races.

15. Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

abarkie wrote: »
          Wasn't Punchestown due off at 1.50 but didn't go off until 2.01?

Off races times look to be :

1220 off 1221
          1250 off 1255
          120 off 131

Why was this.

To me this is what caused the issue.

It doesn't matter what channel they are on, the clash would still have happened in race times.

Given the schedule any delays were irrelevant. They are still cramming 4 race meetings into 1 television program. To the detriment of all race meetings. There was always going to be a problem.

My point is that the HRI are gangsters. They are lucky the FAI are under so much scrutiny at the minute. I would love to see what would happen if the HRI were under the microscope. Look at what happens anytime racing gets investigated, the whole industry clams up like a hedgehog.

Punters are keeping this sport above ground, they deserve more respect.

1) Published Photo Finishes
          2) Documented Stewards Enquiries, published.
          3) Drug test results, published.
          4) Declared Pace Setters
          5) Introduction of Non trier legislation, how did an Arkle winner finish 23 lengths second last and a Gold Cup runner up finish 60 lengths tailed off ? It is a racket.
          6) In season and/or in foal declarations to be published on the race card. Punters should not have be sniffing the ground for every trainer interview to establish if a filly is ready or not to race.

It is not good enough to be winking and nudging and patronising punters week in week out.

It goes right to the top of the sport. A gang of fat cats wearing suits and living off corporate dinners, 52 weeks a year. They will be finalising their Christmas hamper list this week before the Christmas dinners kick in. They will be getting all the inside nods and winks for the Christmas triers and what is getting eased off before Cheltenham.

In the meantime some marketing executive is getting a grilling to prep them for why the Friday night at the Curragh is a fooking disaster even though it is a half hours drive from the countries Capital city....

They are a gang of arseholes.

Advertisement