Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 17 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pogue eile wrote: »
    He actually has the worst minutes per point record of all 5 and by quite a distance, incidently Kelly has the best!

Playing for CS points is boing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Debating on a transfer of Zaha to Grealish this week to free up funds to allow a double transfer for free of Mane and Mousset to Alli and Rashford the following GW

For GW18 front 8 would be

Alli Son KDB Maddison
    Vardy Rashford Abraham

Grealish first sub on bench. I know Grealish is on 4 yellows but I’d have him mostly as first sub over Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would also be of the opinion that not playing Zaha if you have him this week means you’ve made a wrong decision somewhere.

The wrong decision may be that you have him and don’t actually rate him as an option, but there’s no way you can justify keeping him in your team but not using him in games like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sold Jimi last night for Rashford. My thinking was that Rashford has the better fixtures and higher ceiling over the next few weeks. Think I regret it now though, Jimi has never let me down.

Also fear not having Abraham against Bournemouth, could be a big rank killer if he goes off on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    Would also be of the opinion that not playing Zaha if you have him this week means you’ve made a wrong decision somewhere.

The wrong decision may be that you have him and don’t actually rate him as an option, but there’s no way you can justify keeping him in your team but not using him in games like this.

This exactly, the person asking the question brought in Zaha for a reason, either back that reason or transfer him out.

The sample size of the whole season is ridiculous, players fluctuate and go on runs all the time. I have Zaha for the last three weeks, 15 points over that period. I brought him in cause he has unbelievable fixtures. If he blanks again this week then I'll call it a bad job and he'll be gone but he's never going to sit on my bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking Salah to KDB, have Mane already

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Jimi to Abraham for -4 worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sold Jimi last night for Rashford. My thinking was that Rashford has the better fixtures and higher ceiling over the next few weeks. Think I regret it now though, Jimi has never let me down.

Also fear not having Abraham against Bournemouth, could be a big rank killer if he goes off on one.

It would have taken me 2 transfers to make the same move,I held off as Jiminez just keeps getting points no matter who he plays against.
    I think my front 3 of Jiminez,Vardy and Abraham should garner enough points for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Jimi to Abraham for -4 worth it?

Did the same last night but not for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

gammygils wrote: »
    Did the same last night but not for a hit

I'll hold until they play their Europa League game tonight.

I seem to recall Jimi having a good record vs Spurs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Scored against them home & away last year, I certainly wouldnt do that for a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Isnt he suspended ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Isnt he suspended ?

Yep he is.
    Raul Jimenez is suspended for Wolves' final Europa League Group K clash with Besiktas after collecting his third booking of the competition against Braga.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭shmeee

CSF wrote: »

Same as, I got in Zaha for the current run of games he has.

If you don't start him this GW then you'd have to wonder why you'd have transferred him in.

He was a buy and set for GW 15-21 for me. And then out the gap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any news on when Boly is back? He's the only bench fodder I have that doesn't play at all. I want all players available over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Any news on when Boly is back? He's the only bench fodder I have that doesn't play at all. I want all players available over Xmas.

Not before Christmas anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

My team is going ok.0.5m in the bank, one transfer.
    Problem Candidates are
    GKs
    (A) Pope: keep for another week or get in Guita or Heaton (also have Button)
    Def:
    (B) Reid to Fernandez or other 4.4m (rest are TAA,Kelly,Soy,Lundstram)
    Mids :
    (C) KDB to Son maybe,(rest are Zaha, Cantwell,Mane, Maddison)
    Forwards:
    (D) Jimenez to Abraham maybe (rest are Vardy and Auba)
    So a,b,c,d or bank, leaning towards b at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

patmac wrote: »
    My team is going ok.0.5m in the bank, one transfer.
    Problem Candidates are
    GKs
    (A) Pope: keep for another week or get in Guita or Heaton (also have Button)
    Def:
    (B) Reid to Fernandez or other 4.4m (rest are TAA,Kelly,Soy,Lundstram)
    Mids :
    (C) KDB to Son maybe,(rest are Zaha, Cantwell,Mane, Maddison)
    Forwards:
    (D) Jimenez to Abraham maybe (rest are Vardy and Auba)
    So a,b,c,d or bank, leaning towards b at the moment.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any Mount owners around still??

Might give him one last chance - would love to bank but my Chelsea supporting work colleague reckons Tomori might be benched for the foreseeable so might get Kelly in as cover for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any Mount owners around still??

Might give him one last chance - would love to bank but my Chelsea supporting work colleague reckons Tomori might be benched for the foreseeable so might get Kelly in as cover for a few weeks
    Having Mount in your team is the FF equivalent of still having your Halloween decorations up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Having Mount in your team is the FF equivalent of still having your Halloween decorations up

Just off loaded Mount and Jimi to Ali and Ings. Needed rid of Mount and wanted Spurs cover but a bit sad to be parting with Jimi as hes served me very well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Shedite27 wrote: »

:D:D:D

True, I literally don't know how he's still there....I'm blaming everything on Harry Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 15,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

My double SHU experiment is forcing me to put Ings on the bench. Ings probably in the best goalscoring form of his PL life at the moment.

The smart decision would be to bench 2nd SHU defender in favour of Ings but stubbornness is stopping me. Maybe I'll bench Alli instead.....away to Wolves is tricky

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FitzShane wrote: »
    My double SHU experiment is forcing me to put Ings on the bench. Ings probably in the best goalscoring form of his PL life at the moment.

The smart decision would be to bench 2nd SHU defender in favour of Ings but stubbornness is stopping me. Maybe I'll bench Alli instead.....away to Wolves is tricky
    Or bench boost
    What’s rest of bench

• Registered Users Posts: 15,131 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

km79 wrote: »
    Or bench boost
    What’s rest of bench

Pope, Rico & Cantwell. Wouldn't really expect more than 5 points from them combined so not sure if BB is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

FitzShane wrote: »
    Pope, Rico & Cantwell. Wouldn't really expect more than 5 points from them combined so not sure if BB is worth it.

I’m expecting at least 6 from Pope .......
    A goal or assist from Alli and you are in double digits
    Which is a success for that chip with no hits to factor in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Any changes you can see here lads

Pope
    Robertson Soyuncu Lundstram
    Mane Zaha martial maddison
    Kane Vardy Jimi

Gazzinga Baldock awb Cantwell

Thinking of moving Robertson and Jimi out and bringing in aurier and rashford. Have two free transfers. But it seems a bit sideways

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What's the likelihood that one of Mane/Salah getting rested again before they head off for the cup?

Have Mane in my team but tempted to bring in Salah as well for this week expecting them to run riot at Watford as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Axwell wrote: »
    What's the likelihood that one of Mane/Salah getting rested again before they head off for the cup?

Have Mane in my team but tempted to bring in Salah as well for this week expecting them to run riot at Watford as usual.

That would be a bit too much. More likely after with the fixture pile up.

• Advertisement

After last GW I left Aurier to start and put Kelly first sub. Mainly because Kelly is playing in a Derby.

Now I’ve switched it around.

Start Kelly or Aurier ?

Advertisement