Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOMO network and failure to receive SMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭jimbob1255

When you are choosing an account type for the number porting.im direct debit with virgin mobile i chose prepay registered but i got a text saying it rejected it it was the wrong account type?any ideas?

As in when the port attempted to happen it got rejected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

jimbob1255 wrote: »
    As in when the port attempted to happen it got rejected?

Yes

Yes

Has your number stayed with virgin media now or have you lost it temporarily while it sits in limbo not with virgin and not with GOMO?

Has your number stayed with virgin media now or have you lost it temporarily while it sits in limbo not with virgin and not with GOMO?

No i still have it with virgin.still working .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Two bills received for first two months and on first one there's a 6c charge for an International sms to a 0044 number that I didn't make, and is not in my messages log. Second bill has a 7c charge for International sms to a different 0044 number that I didn't make and is also not in my messages log. First gomo chat person told me it was spam and then cut me off ! Second person told me it was a Whats app activation charge and then said it was an activation code charge. I'm none the wiser as the messages are not in my log :confused: They're investigating !
    The amounts are trivial but how they arise is what bothers me and I have better things to be doing than chasing up 13c !

• Advertisement

No i still have it with virgin.still working .

Sounds more like a porting issue rather than a mistake you made. You can chase them up, I'm sure they will sort it but whether it be closer to this Christmas or next will he the million dollar question. You still have your number which seems to be more than some

Squiggle wrote: »
    Two bills received for first two months and on first one there's a 6c charge for an International sms to a 0044 number that I didn't make, and is not in my messages log. Second bill has a 7c charge for International sms to a different 0044 number that I didn't make and is also not in my messages log. First gomo chat person told me it was spam and then cut me off ! Second person told me it was a Whats app activation charge and then said it was an activation code charge. I'm none the wiser as the messages are not in my log :confused: They're investigating !
    The amounts are trivial but how they arise is what bothers me and I have better things to be doing than chasing up 13c !

Understand you completely! Trivial but that isn't the point. I've heard of an iPhone charge for iphone messaging or something (You can tell I don't have an iPhone :D), a once off few cent? Don't know about a second

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Sounds more like a porting issue rather than a mistake you made
    It's not
    When you are choosing an account type for the number porting.im direct debit with virgin mobile i chose prepay registered but i got a text saying it rejected it it was the wrong account type?any ideas?
    Prepay is pay as you go/top-ups. You're postpay, not prepay.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 9 balmesz001

Squiggle wrote: »

I guess you have an iPhone and you activated iMessage. It's 6c. The other extra charge seems to be an activation as well, Viber probably.
    I found an article about this with the exact same numbers on GoMo's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

balmesz001 wrote: »
    I guess you have an iPhone and you activated iMessage. It's 6c. The other extra charge seems to be an activation as well, Viber probably.
    I found an article about this with the exact same numbers on GoMo's website.

It's not an iPhone and I don't have Viber either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭winter2019

Has anyone else been having these issues? I’m not receiving any sms from any organization. Bank, credit union, hairdressers appointment reminders ! All saying they’ve sent me sms but not being received. Receiving sms from everyone else.

Gomo are utterly unhelpful

“If you are having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. The organisation will have to contact whoever sends the SMS for them who can investigate further when necessary.”

When pointed out to them that my boyfriend who’s on gomo also is receiving the texts fine they had no answer

winter2019 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having these issues? I’m not receiving any sms from any organization. Bank, credit union, hairdressers appointment reminders ! All saying they’ve sent me sms but not being received. Receiving sms from everyone else.

Gomo are utterly unhelpful

“If you are having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. The organisation will have to contact whoever sends the SMS for them who can investigate further when necessary.”

When pointed out to them that my boyfriend who’s on gomo also is receiving the texts fine they had no answer

That's ridiculous. I have the same issue, while my wife receives these texts from the very same organizations. They are a joke.
    "using a route that we cannot support" - for me that means they could also do something to support these routes. In their promotion and contract they did not mention the possibility of this issue so I'm thinking what legal step could be done.

I received the very same email a few minutes ago.

"If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation, we have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. The organisation will have to contact whoever sends the SMS for them who can investigate further when necessary."

So the customer is asked to contact every single organization instead of asking GoMo to fix the issue. They are a joke. :D

Also getting the same reply. This is an issue I've been trying to resolve for a month and a half. If you've received an unsatisfactory response and have tried to tell them to investigate further just go to the comreg. It's a slow enough procedure as you have to give gomo 10 days to respond before comreg can take over your complaint but they will respond once comreg are involved.

I'm at the stage now where comreg have taken my complaint and are waiting 10 days to see gomo fix it before they will escalate it again.

Personally this route excuse is a load of **** because as ye have pointed out you know people on GOMO who are getting these texts. But anyway if you don't wanna leave them and want this sorted comreg is your only option

What a shower of absolute useless clowns. How can they call themselves a phone network. They’re beyond rude also on chat support. Cut me off when I questioned them on why my
    Partner is able to receive the same texts.

Comreg complaint lodged. It seems it’s the only way to get anything resolved with these morons.

Today I figured out that texts from 083 (Three?) users are not delivered either. Nice...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Today I figured out that texts from 083 (Three?) users are not delivered either. Nice...

That's not a short code problem, but a routing problem from the porting.
    Get onto to support and explain that to them, and they can resolve it.

I had that issue for 2 weeks before it got sorted. Complete nightmare. They’re so bad. Have there ever been this many simple issues with any other new network? It seems like they’re messing so many things up.

Ok, so in theory they can resolve the issue and they are still sending out the copy-paste email blaming all the other organizations. Even better. :D
    Thanks for the info Davy and winter2019, I'll try it. Is there any specific to be mentioned or just the "routing problem from the porting"?

I seem to be getting a lot of missed calls.
    Can someone tell me are gomo and eir different in any way.in relation to the network they use and the way they use it because i never had this problem with eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hi All,

So I am being blocked from authenticating into work apps

This is becoming a nightmare from a 2fA aspect

A couple of questions

Is this fixable?

How long does it take to resolve

What can comreg do to solve this?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

I have sent an email.

I tried it once again and it works.

I have not received an email stating they have done anything but I referred to Comreg alot in my initial mail lol

Anyways the 2fa messages are now coming through :) :pac:

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi All,

A couple of questions

Is this fixable?

Thanks

It’s a nightmare. Not receiving and 2FA txts from bank or credit union, or dept of social welfare. To say ‘this is not a route we support’ as an answer is pathetic for a phone network.
    Have lodged an email complaint to gomo and Comreg. Will see if it gets sorted. If not will have to port to a different network

winter2019 wrote: »
    It’s a nightmare. Not receiving and 2FA txts from bank or credit union, or dept of social welfare. To say ‘this is not a route we support’ as an answer is pathetic for a phone network.
    Have lodged an email complaint to gomo and Comreg. Will see if it gets sorted. If not will have to port to a different network

I've been trying to get this fixed for ages now. But comreg have to wait 10 days every time an email is sent before they can do anything else so it turns into a long process. So if this effecting work etc and you can't wait too long I'd reccomend biting the bullet and moving. Could always port away from network until they get a handle of this problem and port back in the future

Received this reply from them today in relation to my complaint. Am I to take from this that some customers will be able to receive the SMS, and some won’t, and if you can’t then you won’t ever be able to? Bizarre to say the least. Ive already told them that my partner (also a gomo customer, can receive the very same texts from the very same organizations).

“Hi winter2019,
    We're sorry you are not receiving your 2-Factor Authentication text messages. Unfortunately, there is nothing GoMo can do as these text messages are being sent by your chosen service through a 3rd party SMS provider. We have been advised by these providers to let our customers know to wait 48 hours after porting over, For anyone that is affected, we have conducted extensive testing and have found these texts are not reaching our network. If the issue persists, please get in contact with your chosen service and let them know the issue is persisting after 48 hours.
    Kind Regards,
    GoMo Complaints”

A further update

“We are aware of this issue and not everyone is experiencing it, it only seems to be a select handful of customers who have this issue. It is currently under investigation with our networks department and we have yet to receive an update to the situation unfortunately.”

Did anyone get any further with this issue?

Absolute dead end. Comreg also a dead end as because GOMO are replying with that automated message about 3rd party service provider sending the messages apparently since I'm getting an explanation (whether it be correct or not) they are calling that satisfactory and closing my case. So if anyone gets any further and gets it fixed please post here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi All,

A couple of questions

Is this fixable?

Thanks

What type of apps?

If they are Microsoft, download their Authenticator app and you’ll have no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Encountered this today. Bought a game online and had to verify by SNS to receive the code.

Tried sending 2 texts, none delivered.

Turned my wifi off and they both came through, that's a bit bizzare?

• Advertisement

Switched back to Three. Girl in shop said I’m the third today moving from gomo. For anyone who it works out for , great. But if you’ve any issue then forget about it getting resolved. Comreg are a disgrace and should be coming down on this shower like a tonne of bricks.

Advertisement