Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Tutorial Game: Big Trouble in Little Nectopia

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Necro wrote: »
    OOC: Stealth (Dex) check to see if you make it to the copse un-noticed. Target 11

OOC: Roilz 12 By the skin of my teeth. My rolling today has been spectacularly poor. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NukLok moves as if gliding across the forest towards the copse. As he approaches he can make out white silken strands smattering within in a web-like fashion.

As he makes it to the copse he can now clearly see a cocooned figure in the centre.

I signal the rest of the patrol forward, quietly.

OOC: AFK for a few hours.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: That's fine we can hold it there until more are active

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Calippo pulls to the back of the group and sticks to only the darkest of shadows cast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hemsworth turns as Star joins them.

'Ah, dwarf. Your experience in combat may help - how would you advise we proceed?'

"Quickly and decisively., A good bit of screaming and shouting never hurt, let the enemy know exactly where you are and that you are coming for them, and its best if they just run or give up."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

OldGoat wrote: »
    "My apologies on misunderstanding your talents Druid. I am grateful that we will have a healer amongst us.
    As for 'Grumps', you may use that if you wish but it is not my name. You speak Orc? Then perhaps you recognise that my name is Orkish, Nuk meaning Bad and Lok meaning Run. Goblin mothers tell tales to their spawn about the NukLok, a nightmare of fear, a bogyman if you will. I have taken the name NukLok from that childhood story to remind any goblins or orcs or bugbears that they are my prey. So, call me Grumpy if you will but I will not answer to it."

"Understood Grumps, I mean NukLok"

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: Do tieflings have darkvision?

I nod to Shaadyx and to Harmsway then move out 50ft ahead of the party and start looking for signs of goblins.

OCC - I do! *knows somethings* Whoop!

OOC: Yep

The party leaves the village, following the path south as it winds towards the forest, Shaadyx and NukLok about 50 feet out in front scouting for danger.

As the two reach a clearing just before the forest begins, Hemsworth calls softly.

'Hold up. We should check the area for any signs of goblin activity.'

OOC: Perception (Wisdom) Check, all of you. You can all roll a d20 here (command is #d20) if you know your modifier, add it otherwise I have it anyways.

Target is 15.

OCC - Can I run up the 50ft and walk with them to give them Guidance? This should increase their skill. Nevermind I was a few hours behind. However if i am touching someone I can use the guidance spell - I need to roll to see by how much

sKeith wrote: »
    "Quickly and decisively., A good bit of screaming and shouting never hurt, let the enemy know exactly where you are and that you are coming for them, and its best if they just run or give up."

"I don't think that they have any fear in them, look at the situation we're in now, they know we coming and still haven't stopped pillaging. You think they just gonna run?"

/Stands tall

"They'll run when they see us "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hom creeps up to Nok, "shut up", he snaps at the dwarf.

"What do you see?" Hom, squints in the daylight to try to make out what is in the trees, not hearing the clatter from a band of Goblins unsettles him.

Ooc: ok so do we assume that a character relays info shared by dm or do we need to wait to be told by the character?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Zahafdyke makes for the copse as silently as he can.

OOC: 20 on Rolz

OOC: Guffy, once you make it to the copse you will be able to see for yourself. However..... Drop and give me a d20 to see if you make it there stealthily :P Stealth (Dex) Check :)

Zahafdyke makes it to the copse silently and stands beside NukLok. His sight isn't as good but he can make out a number of strands on the outer parts of it, a few streaming down and anchored across the clearing like little tripwires.

Ooc: shoot misread the last post. Thought we were still a distance away :D

Hom loads an arrow into his crossbow before breaking into a light trot to catch up with the others. He tries his damdest not to be heard but the Ork half of him could have its limitations (dex roll 10??).

He closes in on the rest of the company and moves to the front raising his shield in one hand and bow in the other, he levels the bow at the tree line, waiting for any hint of movement so that he can release the bolt and arm himself again with his trusted spatoon.

Guffy wrote: »
    Ooc: shoot misread the last post. Thought we were still a distance away :D

Hom loads an arrow into his crossbow before breaking into a light trot to catch up with the others. He tries his damdest not to be heard but the Ork half of him could have its limitations (dex roll 10??).

He closes in on the rest of the company and moves to the front raising his shield in one hand and bow in the other, he levels the bow at the tree line, waiting for any hint of movement so that he can release the bolt and arm himself again with his trusted spatoon.

OOC: Oh noes...

Hom in the midst of moving forward and loading his crossbow fails to spot one of the white strands across the clearing on the way to the copse.

As he steps through it, it snaps and the entire copse begins to shake.

NukLok is close enough to see the trees vibrate, and hears a branch snap before...

phase-spider.jpg

A monstrous spider bursts through the trees, fangs dripping with vicious poison.

It readies itself and charges directly at NukLok and Zahafdyke....

OOC: Initiative time.....

And now we move into the combat phase for the first time. So for initiative you roll a d20 and your dexterity modifier, to see who will go first

"It's in the trees, it's coming!"

OOC: I'll be back to this next Monday, sorry about the delay folks

"It seems to be stuck in the branches..." Calippo gasps.

"This might take a while" she thinks to herself.

OOC: Be thankful it's bullet time rather that bulette time. :)

636252765369632881.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

OOC: sorry guys, I've completely neglected this thread. Will catch up today and jump back in :D

• Advertisement

OOC: How many are around this morning so we can maybe get this spider tackled :P

OOC: I'll happily tackle one of the legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Here now!

OOC: Ok, here's what I'll do - can everyone roll init and I'll come back to this when everyone has done so, we can proceed with babysteps so we're all in sync

OOC: Ok, here's what I'll do - can everyone roll init and I'll come back to this when everyone has done so, we can proceed with babysteps so we're all in sync

Ooc: how many are we waiting on?

Ooc: Sorry folks, I dont spend much time on boards and solely visit it for this thread at the moment so unsure if there are conversations going on outside of it.

Has this been cancelled?

OOC: I was still waiting on an init roll from tusk but it seems he may have dropped out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Ooc. So sorry guys. A lot going on IRL and I'm not able to dedicate any time to keeping up with games right now :(

OOC: Unfortunately folks I'm going to have call a halt to this one. Have a few other things going on and can't give the commitment this deserves. Thanks for signing up though, hopefully we might get something going again in the future. Apologies for keeping you all hanging for so long.

• Advertisement

It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully we can get around a table at some point for a live game. Cheers for that Necro.

Advertisement