Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene II - The Unmaker

Options
  • 11-09-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Vrakrash, Iuric and Karinth emerge onto a strange structure. A giant rib cage floating in a void.

It extends far into the distance, where after the animals neck bones lead to a stoney platform several miles away.

Beneath them they see a massive doughnut like object with patches of blue, green and brown. Within the doughnut a small star.

"Quite the sight..." Karinth says staring.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    Vrakrash, Iuric and Karinth emerge onto a strange structure. A giant rib cage floating in a void.

It extends far into the distance, where after the animals neck bones lead to a stoney platform several miles away.

Beneath them they see a massive doughnut like object with patches of blue, green and brown. Within the doughnut a small star.

"Quite the sight..." Karinth says staring.

Vrakrash taps the rib cage with the butt of his axe whilst proceeding a little further.

'Mags would make an AMAZING tune as he walked I expect... unfortunately I ain't musically inclined.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash taps the rib cage with the butt of his axe whilst proceeding a little further.

'Mags would make an AMAZING tune as he walked I expect... unfortunately I ain't musically inclined.'
    Ser Boros enters while Karinth still has his head stuck out talking to Retula.

He and Vrakrash head toward the the stone platform far in the distance. At a certain point the encounter a gap in the creatures bone structure, one of the giant neck vertebrae are missing.

"Jump?" Ser Boros looks across the huge gap "I hope not, though I feel lighter"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash backtracks a little and checks to see if any of the rib cage bones are loose.

'Ser Boros, with a little help - perhaps we could make a temporary bridge as opposed to jumping the gap. Although....'

Vrakrash lightly jumps upwards, testing how lighter he may or may not be.

Vrakrash backtracks a little and checks to see if any of the rib cage bones are loose.

'Ser Boros, with a little help - perhaps we could make a temporary bridge as opposed to jumping the gap. Although....'

Vrakrash lightly jumps upwards, testing how lighter he may or may not be.
    He ascends to about four times his own height, before slowly drifting down.

He ascends to about four times his own height, before slowly drifting down.

'OOOH this is awesome! Ok, Ser Boros, I think we can make the jump, although the armour may have to go briefly.'

Vrakrash takes his armour off and carefully stores it in his pack. Then he runs up the skeleton towards the gap and jumps towards the other side just at the edge.

OOC: this was all about Vrakrash disrobing... AGAIN... wasn't it :pac:

• Advertisement

OOC: this was all about Vrakrash disrobing... AGAIN... wasn't it :pac:
    OOC: If you without any suggestions from me decide to handle a jump by getting nude who am I to stop you?

STR(Athletics) check, advantage

OOC: If you without any suggestions from me decide to handle a jump by getting nude who am I to stop you?

STR(Athletics) check, advantage

:p

OOC: 21

Vrakrash sails across the gap in a large arc as Ser Boros watches. He descends gracefully to stone the platform on the other side.

Ser Boros braces himself and runs for the gap, but stumbles during the jump and only arcs halfway before descending into the void below.

He desperately looks around for something to grab, but finds nothing but empty space and begins to tumble slowly through the void. He shouts.

"I seem to be adrift friends!"

**Rettie, dunno if you can hear me, but we could do with your raven swooping skills right now... Ser Boros is in a bit of a pickle**

Vrakrash takes his 50 foot of rope out from his pack and starts unfurling it towards Ser Boros. He loops his end around the skeleton and ties a knot as best he can, holding onto the rope as well.

'Try to catch this Ser Boros!!'

• Advertisement

Vrakrash takes his 50 foot of rope out from his pack and starts unfurling it towards Ser Boros. He loops his end around the skeleton and ties a knot as best he can, holding onto the rope as well.

'Try to catch this Ser Boros!!'
    OOC: Roll as if a ranged attack, i.e. with Dex modifier. I'll count it as a simple weapon, especially given the low gravity, so Proficiency as well

Ser Boros swings his sword to propel himself toward the rope. He doesn't manage to get much power into it, but thanks to Vrakrash's decent aim the rope lies close enough to him and he grabs on.

As he steps onto the platform he stands and places his hand on Vrakrash.

"Back on Mystara there was a saying:

Once a man has seen a dragon in flight, let him stay home and tend his garden in content, for this wide world has no greater wonder.

I'm not sure now that I have seen your buttocks gliding across a field of stars should I retire from the adventuring life, but certainly I have seen much. Thank you dragon"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric attempts to clear the jump on Scinfaxi.

Ser Boros swings his sword to propel himself toward the rope. He doesn't manage to get much power into it, but thanks to Vrakrash's decent aim the rope lies close enough to him and he grabs on.

As he steps onto the platform he stands and places his hand on Vrakrash.

"Back on Mystara there was a saying:

Once a man has seen a dragon in flight, let him stay home and tend his garden in content, for this wide world has no greater wonder.

I'm not sure now that I have seen your buttocks gliding across a field of stars should I retire from the adventuring life, but certainly I have seen much. Thank you dragon"

Vrakrash nods and smiles at Ser Boros.

'I don't think Sarric would be pleased if I simply let you float into the void. But moreso, you are my friend. Now if you'll excuse me..'

Vrakrash opens his pack and puts his armour back on. Then he unties the rope and stores it back in his pack.

'We may need this again if Iuric is unsuccessful in his jump.'

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric attempts to clear the jump on Scinfaxi.
    Scinfaxi's powerful legs allow Iuric to sail over the gap with ease. It blows flame from its nostrils as it emits a happy grunt upon landing. A small tinge of brimstone can be smelt in the air.

'Glad you made it so easily, Iuric. Now that we have time... What's so important that you needed to talk to me about? We can rest up on yonder platform and you can divulge what you need to. Perhaps the others will join us momentarily.'

Ser Boros wanders ahead to the stone platform which seems to house more than forty gateways.

"Here is Mystara!" He shouts looking at the similarly doughnut shaped visage of his world.

"And Toril..." he continues looking at the gateways.

Ser Boros wanders ahead to the stone platform which seems to house more than forty gateways.

"Here is Mystara!" He shouts looking at the similarly doughnut shaped visage of his world.

"And Toril..." he continues looking at the gateways.

Vrakrash catches up to Ser Boros and examines the gates.

'Any marked... Ursula? I feel that is where we should go next, once Iuric and I have our discussion... it seems important.'

Vrakrash sits down and waits for Iuric whilst scanning the gates for anything Ursula related.

Vrakrash catches up to Ser Boros and examines the gates.

'Any marked... Ursula? I feel that is where we should go next, once Iuric and I have our discussion... it seems important.'

Vrakrash sits down and waits for Iuric whilst scanning the gates for anything Ursula related.
    He doesn't have to look long for through the largest portal in the entire array he sees some rocks floating in space with gas currently forming into a sun.

The gateway itself seems to be made from bone of some sort. A plaque at the base labels it "Ursulion".

A pen magically inscribes details of the world onto paper that then vanishes. Catching a look it seems to detail various properties, only two of the seven hells have been installed, it lacks a Ethereal Plane as of now. Only 40% of the pantheon which will be subservient to Ursula have been grown.

Within the image Vrakrash can make out two figures chained to a rock.

The Pit:
    Mags and Stroupy emerge in the middle of some kind of collapsed dwarven structure. Statues of grim faced and long bearded warriors line the walls. Several cell doors are also present, though long rusted and knocked from their hinges.

Ahead of Mags and Stroupy there is a pit with a bright light glowing from.

Mags hears the song of creation emanating from the pit. The music he found is making more sense now.

• Advertisement

OOC: Holding there for all except OldGoat, until Retula and Sarric catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags asks Stroupy to check out the cells while he goes over to the pit and looks over the wall into the light.
    He is unable to resist the age old orc tradition of letting a long line of drool stretch from his mouth till it snaps and then watch it fall into the depths.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags asks Stroupy to check out the cells while he goes over to the pit and looks over the wall into the light.
    He is unable to resist the age old orc tradition of letting a long line of drool stretch from his mouth till it snaps and then watch it fall into the depths.
    "Cells seem to be long empty Mags, nothing but bones here"

The light glows when the spit vanishes into its depths.

"Mags?" a voice echoes from the depths.

"Cells seem to be long empty Mags, nothing but bones here"

The light glows when the spit vanishes into its depths.

"Mags?" a voice echoes from the depths.
    "Yes? Haloooooo! Who's there, do you need help getting out?
    Sorry for spitting on you."

"Yes? Haloooooo! Who's there, do you need help getting out?
    Sorry for spitting on you."
    "Hahahahahahahahaha...."

The laugh of the voice shakes the prison rocks.

"We're doomed" Stroupy says shaking while clutching his magic staff.

"Out Mags? I am out. I'm out everywhere, for I am the very voice of this plane itself.

This spot is merely where I can manifest so my inhabitants may hear me. Though it is a long time since anybody has come to talk.

I am glad you have come"

"The voice of a whole plane? Now thats impressive. I met a music god once and you must be nearly as powerful.
    As for your inhabitants not visiting so much any more, wel, to be fair it's not very welcoming up here at the moment. Cells, long disused and containing bones. It's a bit offputting. A bit of re-modling might help attract some company.
    This is really exciting for me too you realise. I've been hearing music eminating from around the tower and now from here. Are you creating that or just moulding the existing natural harmonies of the multiplane?
    Would you like a cup of tea? My jinn is very good with Earl Grey."

"The voice of a whole plane? Now thats impressive. I met a music god once and you must be nearly as powerful.
    As for your inhabitants not visiting so much any more, wel, to be fair it's not very welcoming up here at the moment. Cells, long disused and containing bones. It's a bit offputting. A bit of re-modling might help attract some company.
    This is really exciting for me too you realise. I've been hearing music eminating from around the tower and now from here. Are you creating that or just moulding the existing natural harmonies of the multiplane?
    Would you like a cup of tea? My jinn is very good with Earl Grey."
    "Yes, a bit run down I agree. They built a prison over here. Can you believe it. In times past this is where the people use to beseech me. Of course dwarves being dwarves they learned to harness my power, there stonework was stronger here and here they could house the planes worst criminals.

You are obviously well studied in the Music to ask such a question, I am closer to your second guess, in a sense I am a natural confluence of an infinitude of harmonies. However now I am in danger and only the right conductor can lead me out of it.

There was one, who sung with my music, she would not understand it that way, but it was true nonetheless. However she was influenced and is now being used against me.

I may soon fall apart Mags, my essence used to fuel another plane's formation, an unnatural one, will you be my conductor?"

A blue effect overtakes the room, an enormous women in a blue robe and a white mask appears.

"Do not do it Mags, join me, conduct my plane's music and you will be a god!"

And in his hand Mags feels Steerpike stir, it trusts him and it lets him know what it is...

OOC: Secret PM soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

"I must ask you to release me from the oath I swore to you before we entered this place. I have been... instructed to aid Retula and Karinth against Ursula and that may be at odds with whatever it is you need to do." Iuric sighs and shakes his head slightly "If I was not so sure that was indeed Mesharum I would, could, not believe Retula was on the side of law and order in this situation."

OOC: Iuric is back wearing the shiny Mesharum armour instead of the edgy dark set.

Evade wrote: »
    "I must ask you to release me from the oath I swore to you before we entered this place. I have been... instructed to aid Retula and Karinth against Ursula and that may be at odds with whatever it is you need to do." Iuric sighs and shakes his head slightly "If I was not so sure that was indeed Mesharum I would, could, not believe Retula was on the side of law and order in this situation."

OOC: Iuric is back wearing the shiny Mesharum armour instead of the edgy dark set.

Vrakrash shrugs.

'Of course, friend. You've already aided me when I most needed it. You are free, and your conscience can be clear.'

He gestures to the gate of Ursulion.

'My path lies through that gate yonder. You're welcome to join me. But... the others may go a different route. If you need to abide by your oath...

You should probably return to them and wait for what they decide to do.'

• Advertisement

"Yes, a bit run down I agree. They built a prison over here. Can you believe it. In times past this is where the people use to beseech me. Of course dwarves being dwarves they learned to harness my power, there stonework was stronger here and here they could house the planes worst criminals.

You are obviously well studied in the Music to ask such a question, I am closer to your second guess, in a sense I am a natural confluence of an infinitude of harmonies. However now I am in danger and only the right conductor can lead me out of it.

There was one, who sung with my music, she would not understand it that way, but it was true nonetheless. However she was influenced and is now being used against me.

I may soon fall apart Mags, my essence used to fuel another plane's formation, an unnatural one, will you be my conductor?"

A blue effect overtakes the room, an enormous women in a blue robe and a white mask appears.

"Do not do it Mags, join me, conduct my plane's music and you will be a god!"

And in his hand Mags feels Steerpike stir, it trusts him and it lets him know what it is...

OOC: Secret PM soon
    "Oh, hello miss. Usurla right?. Wow, this is exciting. First a planer singer and now a wouldbe god offering me godhood."
    Mags takes a hold of JoePaz.
    "...and you both want me to conduct. Hummm, decisions, decisions.
    What if I don't conduct? I mean what will happen to each of you if I just let the status remain quo?"

Advertisement