Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifehacking pics - Simples.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can we change the thread title to "denartha's Lifehacking pics - Simples"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

You'd be changing the pizza box right and often I'd imagine, a used box moreso lol.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's usually recyclable/compostable, though, and it doesn't cost you anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Liamalone wrote: »
    You'd be changing the pizza box right and often I'd imagine, a used box moreso lol.

I doubt it.. unless you were constantly moving it or changing the configuration. And obviously you wouldn't use a used box :D

I'd imagine the cardboard box would last years as long as you didn't get it wet.

When using a laptop stand you don't usually type on the laptop.. it acts more as a screen for your external keyb/mouse

Liamalone wrote: »

Yeah I'd imagine it would last about a week. Good excuse to order another pizza from Mama Roma's, I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

615154.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Quick question: How many people here use laptop stands?

Me. I don't have a laptop but I use it for balancing my pizzas on.

Don't you find it makes the pizza go cold much faster?

Yeah, but it stops them burning my knees.

Now, THAT is a life hack!

• Advertisement

Parenting hacks (well, lies, really, but very practical ones).

https://www.boredpanda.com/lies-parents-tell-kids-tweets/?all_submissions=true&media_id=2842788

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »

1275844733387132928-png__700.jpg

Technically not a lie.

people-power-moves-29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

New Home wrote: »
    people-power-moves-29.jpg

It’s a common trick, we’ll sort of.
    In the 1920s a guy separately challenged two world champions to correspondence chess at 2/1 odds. Each unaware of each other. He was simply a relay for each other’s moves.

Derren Brown dud a version where he played against 9 top players at once. Mainly grandmasters. He was only playing 1 himself and the others were 4 v 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

If you like running with your phone and use it for music (via BT/wireless) or have it in the pocket for emergencies, I put my phone into a plastic lunch bag/ freezer bag, before it goes into my pocket or armband phone holder. It's an extra layer of protection against sweat and the touchscreen functionality still works fine through the plastic. I've been doing it for years, also prevents scratches if you wanted keys or anything else in the same pocket.

rizzee wrote: »
    If you like running with your phone and use it for music (via BT/wireless) or have it in the pocket for emergencies, I put my phone into a plastic lunch bag/ freezer bag, before it goes into my pocket or armband phone holder. It's an extra layer of protection against sweat and the touchscreen functionality still works fine through the plastic. I've been doing it for years, also prevents scratches if you wanted keys or anything else in the same pocket.

I do this when I've got the phone out on the SUP too... zip lock bag might even save it if it falls in the water, though I've yet to test this! :p

Another tip is to get a smart watch to control your phone while running... not sure if that's a lifehack though

The phone in the plastic bag is great for when you're shopping, too - much easier to keep it from getting contaminated, and you can then disinfect the bag (if it's an emergency) or you can just bin it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

1849_5e4a.jpeg

Can't find the link but

A long time* ago a prince was sent to learn GO or Wei-chi / Weiqi and to win waited until he played first and then just copied his opponents moves.

*several thousand years ?

617396.jpg

• Advertisement

or to bring it up to date: "I have Covid"

MpdCMnJS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Its mental that there is a whole forum for this one thread

until it rains...

621526.jpg

Don't really have a pic of it, but here's a handy tip if you're fed up with green fly or little flies getting in around your kitchen window (which I discovered by accident while washing up today)...

- Put on washing up gloves
    - Get them all soapy
    - Sweep your hand gently in the air where the fly is
    - It will get trapped by the soap on your glove and get stuck
    - Then just run water over your glove and fly goes down the drain

Simple and no mess/stress

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Spraying soapy water on plants is a well known tip for getting rid of green fly and aphids

mrcheez wrote: »

I don't think the fly would agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mrcheez wrote: »
    Don't really have a pic of it, but here's a handy tip if you're fed up with green fly or little flies getting in around your kitchen window (which I discovered by accident while washing up today)...

- Put on washing up gloves
    - Get them all soapy
    - Sweep your hand gently in the air where the fly is
    - It will get trapped by the soap on your glove and get stuck
    - Then just run water over your glove and fly goes down the drain

A simple fruit fly trap is probably better.
    A disposable cup/small container with vinegar and a piece of mashed fruit like banana/strawberry covered with cling film. Poke some small holes in it big enough to get into the cup. Once in thru can’t get out. Very effective. Just give it a quick swirl enough now and then.

Advertisement