Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can anyone recommend a decent (around 100 yoyo) wireless headset that will also work on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Anyone own the SteelSeries H wireless headset? Contemplating getting a set but a bit weary at the price point.

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-h-wireless

It's a toss up between those and the new TurtleBeach Stealth 500x but I've recently read a few bad reviews of those.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500x/552

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

wes wrote: »
    Got the same email as well this morning. Good stuff, hopefully they actually have gotten some stock.

Dispatched! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Dispatched! :D

Preparing to dispatch for me, so should be on its way soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Got my turtle beach stealth 500x delivered today :cool:

First impressions are good they are nice and light on my head simple to setup just plug and play sound is great coking from them so far nice and clear. The presets are a little confusing but there is a noticeable difference between the presets.

ps Dont forget to update the headset

having spent the night with the stealth 500x sitting on my head i found them
    comfortable enough for the four hours i was playing.
    my ears did start to get a little warm near the end of the night.

the wireless is solid with no cracks and drops that i noticed.

so far i'm happy with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Quick question , can you use a set of headphones instead of headset just for gamesound? Would it work to just plug the headphones into the adaptor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

rottie 11 wrote:
    Quick question , can you use a set of headphones instead of headset just for gamesound? Would it work to just plug the headphones into the adaptor?

Yes it will work. and with a lot of earphones with in line mic that come with mobile phones some of the mics will work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Is there any way to split the adapter so I can plug in a mic and headphones separately?

I have a set of Sennheiser HD 555's that I still want to use but can't use a mic with them if I plug into adapter. Quite ridiculous really. Just making you buy their stereo headset and the adapter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yes it will work. and with a lot of earphones with in line mic that come with mobile phones some of the mics will work too.

Ya just want game sound for now tho. Thanks for that

Preparing to dispatch for me, so should be on its way soon.

did you get your yet? Mine still hasnt been delivered and was dispatched on Thursday...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Looking at getting a set of headphones for xbone and PC. Its between xp400 and the 500x stealth. The 400 are about 100 cheaper, but will they work with xbone? The few Amazon reviews of the 500x aren't super, so not sure they are worth the extra.

voxpop wrote: »
    Looking at getting a set of headphones for xbone and PC. Its between xp400 and the 500x stealth. The 400 are about 100 cheaper, but will they work with xbone? The few Amazon reviews of the 500x aren't super, so not sure they are worth the extra.

The xp400 will work with the XB1. You will just need to get the stereo chat adapter to enable to chat on them! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

That the 40 quid adapter ? Will the xp400 be 5.1 or stereo ?

voxpop wrote: »
    That the 40 quid adapter ? Will the xp400 be 5.1 or stereo ?

The 22.99 from Smyths adapter: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-8650/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adaptor/

Yes it will be 5.1 if connected via the optical port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

i have one for sale at 21 euro
    used it ony a few times

did you get your yet? Mine still hasnt been delivered and was dispatched on Thursday...

No, not yet, my estimated delivery is for today. I am actually waiting on a DVD, I ordered from Amazon as well, and that was due Monday. Amazon are normally good with deliveries (normally get stuff 1 day before there own estimate), but the odd time they are late, so wouldn't be too worried.

No, not yet, my estimated delivery is for today. I am actually waiting on a DVD, I ordered from Amazon as well, and that was due Monday. Amazon are normally good with deliveries (normally get stuff 1 day before there own estimate), but the odd time they are late, so wouldn't be too worried.

Mine arrived this morning, delivery estimate was Monday

Mine arrived this morning, delivery estimate was Monday

So based on that, I will probably see mine Friday then, and get my DVD today, as there estimates seem to be off by 2 days.

Let us know how well it works, when you get a chance.

So based on that, I will probably see mine Friday then, and get my DVD today, as there estimates seem to be off by 2 days.

Let us know how well it works, when you get a chance.

Will do but wont be until tomorrow night (if i'm lucky) until I get a chance to use them though. One thing that is annoying is the cloth bit covering the inside of one of the headphones seems to be a bit loose (i.e too much fabric) as the other one is tight... other than that they look the business.

• Advertisement

They are well worth the money in my opinion....love them the sound is great! I set my preset for COD to surround sound, footstep awareness, shooter & Super Human Hearing - works a treat!

They are well worth the money in my opinion....love them the sound is great! I set my preset for COD to surround sound, footstep awareness, shooter & Super Human Hearing - works a treat!

yep ive had mine for just over a week now very happy with it

Got mine, only had a quick look before work, but how did you set 3 presets at the same time, I have only been able to figure out how to do surround and shooter together.

They sound good, and the complaints I heard in regards to them not being loud, isn't something I noticed, as I didn't have them all the way up sometimes, and had to lower it back down for being too loud. Don't know, maybe some people over do the sound or something.

Will have to try some movies and music as well, as there are settings for those as well.

Got mine, only had a quick look before work, but how did you set 3 presets at the same time, I have only been able to figure out how to do surround and shooter together.

They sound good, and the complaints I heard in regards to them not being loud, isn't something I noticed, as I didn't have them all the way up sometimes, and had to lower it back down for being too loud. Don't know, maybe some people over do the sound or something.

Will have to try some movies and music as well, as there are settings for those as well.

Make sure you update the firmware here and you can also amend the presets to what you want (each preset has four different types of sound settings).

I have no issue with the sound, max volume is way too loud. Some people must be really deaf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Make sure you update the firmware here and you can also amend the presets to what you want (each preset has four different types of sound settings).

I have no issue with the sound, max volume is way too loud. Some people must be really deaf!

what?

Just checked it on lunch there and seen the options to change them, will try a few of them.

From turning up there headsets up too loud :D.

what?

What are you confused about and i'll better explain :) it comes with 4 different sound options for various set ups i.e games, music, movies etc. But each set up, say games, can be then changed further using over twenty individual sound settings to a maximum of four of these settings per preset.

You can therefore if only gaming have a setting for say COD, Forza, Fifa and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What are you confused about and i'll better explain :) it comes with 4 different sound options for various set ups i.e games, music, movies etc. But each set up, say games, can be then changed further using over twenty individual sound settings to a maximum of four of these settings per preset.

You can therefore if only gaming have a setting for say COD, Forza, Fifa and so on.

You missed the joke.

You missed the joke.

Show me the door, i'm some tool lol :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys looking for a bit of advice here. I've a set of tritton warheads sitting on the shelf at home and I'm going to sell them on. What would ye think would be a reasonable price to sell them for ?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys looking for a bit of advice here. I've a set of tritton warheads sitting on the shelf at home and I'm going to sell them on. What would ye think would be a reasonable price to sell them for ?

€75 to buy in CeX. So if you can get any more than that, go for it! I'd use that as a marker if it was me.

€75 to buy in CeX. So if you can get any more than that, go for it! I'd use that as a marker if it was me.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Just put my Polk 4 Shots up on adverts if anyone's interested - http://www.adverts.ie/6934345

VeVeX wrote: »
    Just put my Polk 4 Shots up on adverts if anyone's interested - http://www.adverts.ie/6934345

How come your selling ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭VeVeX

How come your selling ?

No particular reason other than Ive barely used them.

VeVeX wrote: »
    No particular reason other than Ive barely used them.

I would have got them off you only I ordered ones off amazon on Saturday.

I'd say they will sell quick enough.

I got the xo ones on amazon the other day. Worked out at around €35. The sound is ok for the price but the headset itself feels very plasticity.
    I'd personally send the extra bit on the xo four.

I got the xo ones on amazon the other day. Worked out at around €35. The sound is ok for the price but the headset itself feels very plasticity.
    I'd personally send the extra bit on the xo four.

The XO four does not have mic monitoring feature and a bass boost.

The XO fours are sturdier.

• Advertisement

The Razer Kraken are coming to Xbox ONE. 7.1 virtual surround sound for a very reasonable €99.99 straight from Razer's website. On sale from the 12th December...

http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/store/razer-kraken-xbox-one

940x573-kraken-xboxone-hero-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anybody got these? If so, how do they perform with the console?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-px51/346

Well I have the PX5 version which are pretty similar. Have them 3 years, very solid headphones. One wee problem you'll find is that the wireless signal from your router might mess with the sound feed. Otherwise I wouldn't fault them.

P.S this should be posted in the headset thread btw. Sorry mods....

Anybody got these? If so, how do they perform with the console?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-px51/346

What I can say is it looks really like my Turtle Beach Tango headset that I got recently in GameStop for €110. Works really good with Xbox One and XB360.

7999344.jpg

What I can say is it looks really like my Turtle Beach Tango headset that I got recently in GameStop for €110. Works really good with Xbox One and XB360.

Woah you got them after?

This is the last I remember you saying of them.... lol

The Turtle Beach Tango's aren't quite jumping out at me.

Great price definitely. However it essentially changes a wireless headset into a wired headset.

They have 5.1 surround sound, the 500X will have 7.1 totally wireless with no chat adapter needed for a little over €200.

The 500X, XO4 and XO7 where all optimized for the Xbox One whereas the Tangos were optimized for XB360 & PS3 when they were released. The positive reviews I read on Amazon date back before the Xbox One.

I think I'll go up the extra €100 and stick with the 500X.

Woah you got them after?

This is the last I remember you saying of them.... lol

That was my first impression.

Soon after posting it I did a great deal of research into them before making the purchase.

The Tangos have Bluetooth functionality that isn't in the Stealth 500X, I can take phone calls while gaming and I can listen to music from my iphone while farming in Destiny :D

There is also a mod that allows the headset to be 100% wireless from the transmitter, game sound and chat so I thought it was well worth buying for €110.

That was my first impression.

Soon after posting it I did a great deal of research into them before making the purchase.

The Tangos have Bluetooth functionality that isn't in the Stealth 500X, I can take phone calls while gaming and I can listen to music from my iphone while farming in Destiny :D

There is also a mod that allows the headset to be 100% wireless from the transmitter, game sound and chat so I thought it was well worth buying for €110.

You are the boards.ie headset whore from what I gather lol

Yeah the bluetooth phone calls are very handy, the voice morpher also works with the phone calls too if you're into that kind of thing ;) :P

What's this mod that allows it to be 100% wireless? Was it posted on this thread before or something different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Could someone inform me of all the details about the Xbox headset adapter and does it work with Xbox 360 turtle beach x12?

You are the boards.ie headset whore from what I gather lol

Yeah the bluetooth phone calls are very handy, the voice morpher also works with the phone calls too if you're into that kind of thing ;) :P

What's this mod that allows it to be 100% wireless? Was it posted on this thread before or something different?

lol, Thats Dark Knight wherever he is. He has a headset for every day of the week.

Iv'e been having fun with the voice morpher in party chat, I haven't used it for phone calls, YET :eek:

The mod is an original Xbox One headset combined with the bluetooth adapter that comes with the Tangos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Could someone inform me of all the details about the Xbox headset adapter and does it work with Xbox 360 turtle beach x12?

Does the headset hook to the console via optical audio or plug into the scart cable (red white cable)? The adapter allows any headset to connect to the controller if it worked on the 360, all depends on how the headset connects to the actual console.

For the X12's you'll need the Stereo headset adapter. The only thing to note is when you are plugging in the chat cable from the X12 headset into the adapter you must reverse the cable. So the connection that goes into the Xbox 360 controller will now be the part that plugs into the X12's volume control and the other end goes into the adapter.

41jbYPK21QL._SX300_.jpg

If your TV has this output shown below all you'll only need the Xbox One stereo headset adapter.

2ms52lz.jpg

If your TV does not have this output you'll need this jack below which will plug into your TV's headphone jack.

2119hjd.jpg

Essentially the game audio is coming from the TV and the chat is coming from the Xbox stereo headset adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just while we're on the subject, will the Turtle Beach X42's work with the One via the stereo headset adapter?

• Advertisement
Advertisement