Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Headset Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CiaranW wrote: »
    Is there an extension you can get for XBox 360 Headset to work on the XBox One?
    Would love to keep my X11s, never had a problem with them.

X11 and X12's work on Xbox One with the chat adapter. I am currently using the x12s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

X11 and X12's work on Xbox One with the chat adapter. I am currently using the x12s

Really? I wasn't sure, what threw me off was the component red and white cables but I suppose you can still use them as normal and then just get a chat adapter for the ONE controller is that how it works? :confused:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Really? I wasn't sure, what threw me off was the component red and white cables but I suppose you can still use them as normal and then just get a chat adapter for the ONE controller is that how it works? :confused:

The red and white go into the back of the TV while the chat runs from the adapter to the headset.

If you don't have a TV with the red and white stero audio input use the adapter below.

In my case I feed the red and white into this and then plug it into the earphones port of your TV.

adaptor-y-jack-35mm---2xrca-686238_big.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

I just bought wireless Bluetooth headphones, can I link them with the Xbox One?

Or is it a waste?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hmm...my XO7s seem to have stopped working 7 weeks after I got them :(

I have to twiddle the connection to get anything but its getting worse to the point of basically not working at all. Very angry given the price. Anything I can do?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hmm...my XO7s seem to have stopped working 7 weeks after I got them :(

I have to twiddle the connection to get anything but its getting worse to the point of basically not working at all. Very angry given the price. Anything I can do?

Refund, exchange for another pair.

Who's the retailer?

Argos.

I would imagine it would fall well outside their remit at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Argos.

I would imagine it would fall well outside their remit at this stage.

You should have at least a year if not two dealing with the retailer, beyond that the manufacturer.

Just dug out the Argos receipt and it says "Exempt from 30 Day Guarantee". And the date I got them was 15/07/14. Would worry if I bring them to Argos, they will say I broke them and that it's been too long to consider a return...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Just dug out the Argos receipt and it says "Exempt from 30 Day Guarantee". And the date I got them was 15/07/14. Would worry if I bring them to Argos, they will say I broke them and that it's been too long to consider a return...

Bring then back and see what they say, if they are like new then buy another set from amazon and send you're ones back

Argos are easy to deal with I've found from my experiences. As long as they aren't actually snapped in 2 or damaged visually in any way apart from maybe a few light scratches here and there, they shouldn't have any problems exchanging them for a new pair. Argos will cover it as long as it's under manufacturer warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

30 Day Guarantee from Argos is only for change of mind, it doesn't replace your consumer rights for a damaged or faulty product. If you truly and honestly believe the headset broke because of a manufacturer defect / issue then go back to Argos with your receipt.

Also I used to work in a shop that sold these headsets and we replaced them once we could verify they were faulty for ourselves (i.e. hook up to a console!)

Check out "Consumer Issues" for more information if you need.

Most likely Argos will swap them anyway, I brought in a hard drive I'd had for a month after it stopped working and as soon as I said, "I've checked with other devices and they all work" and they said "oh, ok fine. Would you like the same one again?" :D

Most likely Argos will swap them anyway, I brought in a hard drive I'd had for a month after it stopped working and as soon as I said, "I've checked with other devices and they all work" and they said "oh, ok fine. Would you like the same one again?" :D

Lol yeah.
    I've brought stuff back loads of times. They're great that way, they won't even check it. Just ask you what happened it, (I just say, "it stopped working" simple as) and they're fine with that. Tell you to pick out a replacement, you don't even have to get the same one. I've also brought back Sennheiser earphones nearly a year after I bought them and gotten my money back as they had stopped working.

So yeah, bring your headphones into Argos and get a new set for yourself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

hey all

just a quick question, i am not crazy about spending (imo) insane amounts on a headset as i really want them to just lower down the volume so the missus can read in peace etc and i can play games

what is the general opinion of the xbone stereo headset, i have seen it for sale for 40 euro but dont wanna take the plunge if useless

recyclops wrote: »
    hey all

just a quick question, i am not crazy about spending (imo) insane amounts on a headset as i really want them to just lower down the volume so the missus can read in peace etc and i can play games

what is the general opinion of the xbone stereo headset, i have seen it for sale for 40 euro but dont wanna take the plunge if useless

If you get the stereo headset adapter. You can use any earphones or headphones you may have at home already as long as it has a 3.5mm jack. Just an idea.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Heys guys,got the one the other day,tried out the mic that came with it....thought it was awful though :pac:.
    I had the X11's on the 360 and I thought they were a great headset but they were on their last legs by the time I got the one anyway.
    Reading back through the thread I seen Tritton Kama mentioned for €65 or I've seen myself the Turtle beach XO four for €90,so would anyone recommend one over the other or a different headset before I invest?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Heys guys,got the one the other day,tried out the mic that came with it....thought it was awful though :pac:.
    I had the X11's on the 360 and I thought they were a great headset but they were on their last legs by the time I got the one anyway.
    Reading back through the thread I seen Tritton Kama mentioned for €65 or I've seen myself the Turtle beach XO four for €90,so would anyone recommend one over the other or a different headset before I invest?

What's your budget for a headset?

In October Xbox One gets a fully wireless surround sound headset from Turtle beach. It's premium priced.but I can't wait to get rid of the chat adapter and cables.

The XO fours and XO sevens produce the same audio quality however the XO fours ear cups are rather small and uncomfortable while the sevens have larger really comfortable ear cups.

I was originally going to buy the XO sevens but when I seen the price drop I realised that TB must be bringing out a new headset.

The sound quality of both XO headsets is really good for stero headsets.

What's your budget for a headset?

In October Xbox One gets a fully wireless surround sound headset from Turtle beach. It's premium priced.but I can't wait to get rid of the chat adapter and cables.

The XO fours and XO sevens produce the same audio quality however the XO fours ear cups are rather small and uncomfortable while the sevens have larger really comfortable ear cups.

I was originally going to buy the XO sevens but when I seen the price drop I realised that TB must be bringing out a new headset.

The sound quality of both XO headsets is really good for stero headsets.
    Probably wanna keep below €100 as I've just splashed on the one.
    Just on the ear cup size on the fours are they smaller the the x11's do you know? or is there anyway to check,as they were quite comfortable on me
    *Actually don't think the ear cup will be a problem,just reading reviews on amazon,if anything the xo sevens might be too big,I have a small head...I think

Down the line I may change to a higher quality headset again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I have the Kama, i would regard them as a very good inexpensive option given that they come with the chat adaptor, which is around €20-€25 which makes the headset itself around €40. Although I can see myself upgrading to a more premium headset down the road, these are fantastic and do a great job for the time being, comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty good.

Probably wanna keep below €100 as I've just splashed on the one.
    Just on the ear cup size on the fours are they smaller the the x11's do you know? or is there anyway to check,as they were quite comfortable on me
    *Actually don't think the ear cup will be a problem,just reading reviews on amazon,if anything the xo sevens might be too big,I have a small head...I think

Down the line I may change to a higher quality headset again.

Difficult to say the difference between the X11's and the XO fours's ear cup size. While Turtle beach stock ear cups for X11 they don't sell parts for XO fours :eek:

From doing a lot of research into Xbox headsets what came across to me is the headset is very uncomfortable for hours of gaming at a time.

I would have liked to hear more from people who bought them and have used them for weeks and months though.

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I have the Kama, i would regard them as a very good inexpensive option given that they come with the chat adaptor, which is around €20-€25 which makes the headset itself around €40. Although I can see myself upgrading to a more premium headset down the road, these are fantastic and do a great job for the time being, comfortable to wear and the sound is pretty good.
    Think I might go for this option and probably upgrade further down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭CiaranW

Anyone else having problems with the Xbox adapter?
    I bought one in Gamestop for €30 so I could use my trusted X11's but I cannot hear my friends in party talking.
    They can hear me though which is odd.
    I can hear gameplay too.

I bought one in Gamestop for €30 so I could use my trusted X11's but I cannot hear my friends in party talking.
    I can hear gameplay too.

Can you hear people in game chat talking?

Try holding down on the chat button on the adapter until you hear a beep and then see of you can hear others.

The chat button is the one with the people icon on it.

Can you hear people in game chat talking?

Try holding down on the chat button on the adapter until you hear a beep and then see of you can hear others.

The chat button is the one with the people icon on it.

No, I can't hear people in game chatting.
    I'll give that a shot next time I'm on the Xbox, thanks man.

No, I can't hear people in game chatting.
    I'll give that a shot next time I'm on the Xbox, thanks man.

I also posted a while back about a common chat issue that sounds like what is happening to your party chat. In party chat press A over your name and choose game chat, then toggle it back and forth. You should be able to hear them then.

Here is the post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92139374

I also posted a while back about a common chat issue that sounds like what is happening to your party chat. In party chat press A over your name and choose game chat, then toggle it back and forth. You should be able to hear them then.

Here is the post

Thanks.
    Microsoft being crafty making me spend €30 on an adapter to use my headset.
    Was most definitely not buying a new one.
    Love my X11's.

Thanks.
    Microsoft being crafty making me spend €30 on an adapter to use my headset.
    Was most definitely not buying a new one.
    Love my X11's.

I use the X11's with the adapter at the moment.

I am picking up a new XB1 headset in October though. I have used a few headsets and my X11's just aren't that great in comparison.

The new XB1 headset from turtle beach is completely wireless, so no adpater needed. The stealth-500x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

I can hear gameplay too.

did you update your controller?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Can i use tritton headset for 360 on xb1 does any1 knw?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can i use tritton headset for 360 on xb1 does any1 knw?

I believe you can if there's an optical sound input and you've the official headset adapter that you can buy off Microsofts website.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    I believe you can if there's an optical sound input and you've the official headset adapter that you can buy off Microsofts website.

What you mean by optical sound input?

How does your headset connect for sound input for the 360? Red and white cable that attaches to the AV/VGA cable for video and sound? Or do you have a really small black cable that inserts into digital input? Basically the later is for HD sound if ya get what I'm saying. The red/white audio cable is the old system which does not work on the Xbox one (please correct me if I'm wrong here!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is it a triton trigger set? the headset detaches from the volume control and rest of the cable ? If so you just plug the headset part (3.5mm jack) into the adaptor for Xbox one and away you go. (you have to buy an adaptor)

Ya its tritton triger. Wud i stil b able to hear game and voice volume tho?

Ya its tritton triger. Wud i stil b able to hear game and voice volume tho?

Yes indeed, I tested it with that exact set, volume and levels are controlled by the adaptor. You just plug the head set part of the trigger set into the xbox one adaptor via the 3.5mm jack, you can leave the rest (the cable part of the trigger) connected to the 360 and swap the head set between the 2 consoles with ease then.

Cheers bud. Happy i dont have to buy a new headset so when i get xb1

One more question , does the adaptor plug into the controler or the console?

One more question , does the adaptor plug into the controler or the console?

It's one of these you need. And it connects to the headset port of the controller.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/mseea/en_IE/pdp/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/productID.295693100

This is what is says in that link "To receive game audio with a third-party headset for Xbox 360, connect headset to your Xbox One via Optical Cable or TV via RCA Cable; game audio not supported with Microsoft Xbox 360 headsets. Additional requirements may apply for full functionality"

So does that mean i wont be able to hear the game volume? Just chat volume unless i connect the red and white cables?

• Advertisement

It depends on the headset being used. I think some triton headsets get game/chat in throught the cable from controller to headset. Look up YouTube and see if there's clips posted.

This is what is says in that link "To receive game audio with a third-party headset for Xbox 360, connect headset to your Xbox One via Optical Cable or TV via RCA Cable; game audio not supported with Microsoft Xbox 360 headsets. Additional requirements may apply for full functionality"

So does that mean i wont be able to hear the game volume? Just chat volume unless i connect the red and white cables?

Is this the set you have ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUr-syWy9CQ&list=SRTritton%20Trigger%20Stereo%20Headset%20For%20XBox%20360%20-%20Product%20Information%20and%20Review

If so then you need nothing only the adaptor. No additional cables or anything, you will get both game and voice through it on the one.

calex71 wrote: »
    Is this the set you have ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUr-syWy9CQ&list=SRTritton%20Trigger%20Stereo%20Headset%20For%20XBox%20360%20-%20Product%20Information%20and%20Review

If so then you need nothing only the adaptor. No additional cables or anything, you will get both game and voice through it on the one.

Ya thats the one. Ok thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Dont know if posted already... but FWIW, I have a turtle beach headset (not sure of exact model) and the xbox one Adapter on the controller... i dont know if other people have experienced the same thing, but my microphone didnt seem to work at all on the turtle beach when on the xbox one... which annoyed me no end. My friends in party chat said it sounded like I was talking from a long way away in a toilet. I tested it against the 360 controller and it worked fine, so just assumed there was something wrong with either the xbox one adapter or the controller itself.

The problem it turns out was that my voice was going through the microphone on the Kinnect... and not the microphone on the turtle beach headset. The only solution I could come up with is to switch off the Kinnect on xbox one system menu, and turn the controller on and off. Not such a big deal as I dont use the Kinnect anyway. Hope it helps someone else.

Regards
    Muppet Man

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Dont know if posted already... but FWIW, I have a turtle beach headset (not sure of exact model) and the xbox one Adapter on the controller... i dont know if other people have experienced the same thing, but my microphone didnt seem to work at all on the turtle beach when on the xbox one... which annoyed me no end. My friends in party chat said it sounded like I was talking from a long way away in a toilet. I tested it against the 360 controller and it worked fine, so just assumed there was something wrong with either the xbox one adapter or the controller itself.

The problem it turns out was that my voice was going through the microphone on the Kinnect... and not the microphone on the turtle beach headset. The only solution I could come up with is to switch off the Kinnect on xbox one system menu, and turn the controller on and off. Not such a big deal as I dont use the Kinnect anyway. Hope it helps someone else.

Regards
    Muppet Man

Could you not have just disabled the 'Use Kinect for voice chat' option? I'm sure that's an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was looking around today after digging out my turtle beaches at the weekend, and disappointed with the severe lack of wireless headset options for the Xbox One. Have been looking at these, they seemed to review well at launch bar a fault with the mic which has been patched out.. but I haven't really heard much about them. They look the part, but has anyone any experience with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Have you got on to where you bought it from? Seems rare TBH, haven't heard much complaints about the XB1 sticks.

Was looking around today after digging out my turtle beaches at the weekend, and disappointed with the severe lack of wireless headset options for the Xbox One. Have been looking at these, they seemed to review well at launch bar a fault with the mic which has been patched out.. but I haven't really heard much about them. They look the part, but has anyone any experience with them?

I think turtle beach have a new wireless set launching at the start of next month - might be worth a google.

Edit: here you go

https://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500x/552

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Cheers!

They look great. But $229 not so great :pac:

I'm still not fully convinced by 5.1/7.1 claims from headsets so don't want to spend a fortune. Lower-end stereo with good depth are fine by me. I have a pair of X12s at the minute which are great, but the wires are bugging me!

Perhaps I'll just be nice to the OH and put those on my Christmas list :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

maximoose wrote: »
    Cheers!

They look great. But $229 not so great :pac:

I'm still not fully convinced by 5.1/7.1 claims from headsets so don't want to spend a fortune. Lower-end stereo with good depth are fine by me. I have a pair of X12s at the minute which are great, but the wires are bugging me!

Perhaps I'll just be nice to the OH and put those on my Christmas list :)

Yeah I have x12's as well, the cables would drive you demented. Id be happy to just have the chat cable myself, I always seem to be getting tangled up in the other one.
    I picked up a turtle beach surround sound box off a seller on ebay for about 30euros, it made a little bit of a difference, but not crazily so. Some games just have better sound design than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Hi Lads , Are Turtle Beach headsets worth the money ? as in break easily ? I was thinking of ordering these https://www.videogamesplus.ca/turtle-beach-ear-force-stealth-500x-xbox-one-p-22254.html?osCsid=0043f303e4244bb19f86ff763d89db11 ,

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

I got the x04's from Amazon
    Great headset and wireless
    It's linked further back in the thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement