Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any 4k Satellite Boxes Recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Zardoz

STB. wrote: »
    Zgemma H7S

​BCM7251S/Brahma 15 Dual Core 1700Mhz 12K DMIPS
    4 Gig Flash
    1GB DDR3 RAM

Octagon Sf8008

ARM Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 Quad Core 64Bit (4x 1.6GHz) 15K DMIPS
    8 Gig Flash
    1 GB DDR4 RAM
    Blindscan
    Hardware Kodi playback

Yes I know specs wise the difference ,but in practical terms and performance is there much in them.

You could argue that the H7S has an extra built in terrestrial tuner (Triple tuner) ,it has an internal hard drive option ,the software is alot more mature as its on the market longer and it has a trusted Broadcom ARM processor whereas the 8008 has the newer Huawei Arm processor.

The H7 4GB flash space can have 4 different images running in multiboot ,1GB for each ,the SF8008 needs a micro SD card to run multiboot images I believe.
    The extra flash space on the SF8008 is not really relevant as you would never use that space in reality.

That leaves the built in Kodi hardware playback,built in wifi and the blindscan .

I guess its horses for courses as to which suits ones needs better ,both receivers are excellent value and spec .

I'm tempted to try out the SF8008 now .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes I know specs wise the difference ,but in practical terms and performance is there much in them.

You could argue that the H7S has an extra built in terrestrial tuner (Triple tuner) ,it has an internal hard drive option ,the software is alot more mature as its on the market longer and it has a trusted Broadcom ARM processor whereas the 8008 has the newer Huawei Arm processor.

The H7 4GB flash space can have 4 different images running in multiboot ,1GB for each ,the SF8008 needs a micro SD card to run multiboot images I believe.
    The extra flash space on the SF8008 is not really relevant as you would never use that space in reality.

That leaves the built in Kodi hardware playback,built in wifi and the blindscan .

I guess its horses for courses as to which suits ones needs better ,both receivers are excellent value and spec .

I'm tempted to try out the SF8008 now .

Well I have the combo dvb-s2x and dvb-t config. I don't need an extra satellite tuner to be honest.

They both use eMMC flash. The Octagon is double it though and has hw multiboot.

The Octagon has a 64bit quad core processor running 4x 1.6GHz as distinct from the Dual core on the Zgemma. The same Hisilicon chip is used in Android boxes.

You'd be surprised the number of people who use the internal flash for everything!

Zgemma are using DDR3 as part of their RAM config. Octagon DDR4. Massive difference there.

Personally I wouldn't touch anything that comes out of Airdigital, but that's because I remember when they were manufacturing clones.

Support, support, support. First consideration, no matter what you are buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 midozalouk

STB. wrote: »
    They are not. Its just the name of the range. They come with various plug n play tuners (so there are various configs)

• FBC Cable Tuner
    • PnP Gigablue Single DVB-S2x Tuner v.2 (Optional)
    • PnP Gigablue Dual DVB-S2x Tuner v.2 (Optional)
    • PnP Gigablue Single DVB-C/T2 Tuner v.2 (H. 265) (Optional)
    • PnP Gigablue Twin DVB-C/T2 Tuner v.2 (H.265) (Optional)

The there's the Trio and Quad range.

I have a Gigablue. They are not necessarily worth the price tag.

If its a single tuner then look at the OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD 2160p H.265 HEVC Bargain at STG 99.

DVB-S2X tuner and a DVB-T tuner

or Twin DVB-S2 is STG109

Hello sir

Do you still think Gigablue is overpriced ?

I am comparing Gigablue UHD UE vs Octagon sf8008 ???

Can you please help me ???

Advertisement