Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2014 Open sea swim calendar

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

mad m wrote: »
    A great bunch of ladies and gents meet up every Saturday and Sunday at the 40ft at 12pm for a swim. They go around the yellow buoys. They stop at each buoy and depending on how cold it is they decide whether to go to the next buoy. They are mostly from Glenalbyn Sc and welcome anyone. Just tell them it's your first time and they will look after you.

Hey just thinking about tagging along is this a a regular thing every week year round .And how far of a swim is the yellow buoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Al 25 wrote: »
    Hey just thinking about tagging along is this a a regular thing every week year round .And how far of a swim is the yellow buoy.

Yes it's regular thing. I hope to be out there Sunday as usual. First buoy is about 30/40meters max. We swim out to first buoy and gauge how cold it is then some swim to 2nd buoy and then back the way they came, others only do first buoy and back in. The more insane do the 3 buoys and either finish in at the 40ft or swim all the way back. Your more than welcome to join in. Oh btw it's pure skins, none of us wear wetsuits but that's up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Al 25

mad m wrote: »
    Yes it's regular thing. I hope to be out there Sunday as usual. First buoy is about 30/40meters max. We swim out to first buoy and gauge how cold it is then some swim to 2nd buoy and then back the way they came, others only do first buoy and back in. The more insane do the 3 buoys and either finish in at the 40ft or swim all the way back. Your more than welcome to join in. Oh btw it's pure skins, none of us wear wetsuits but that's up to you.

Brrrrrrh no wet suits in the skins in JANUARY ok guess il have to man up .
    Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I was I last week for the first time since October down the 40ft. Boy it was freezing, I didn't even make it out to the first bouy and I would have classed myself as a hardy sea swimmer. Roll on a few months till it warms up a bit!!

Looking forward to the sea swim calendar already.

Advertisement