Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread Part 3 **MOD NOTE POST 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Yea I seen it on TV this morning.
    Gaillimh v Cill Chainnaigh (Beo)
    Port Lairge v Corcaigh (Iarbeo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭brookville

now that we know who's in the munster final what are the permutations now for the winners or losers of the leinster final?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

brookville wrote: »
    now that we know who's in the munster final what are the permutations now for the winners or losers of the leinster final?

Limerick v kk/Galway QF

For the winners possibley the losers cork/Clare in a semi down the line

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

His salary is being stumped up by wealthy donors who you could probably guess the names of.

I'd be absolutely astounded if anyone knew who the main single donor is. It is known in circles, but the man himself despite being very wealthy is not a public figure. He was also donating before Davy got involved, more so in underage development. That is still happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Now that the round robin is over this is my summary of where KK stand and the remainder of the teams:

Kilkenny: Workmanlike and need to improve.Got out of jail against Dublin particularly and Wexford.
    Galway: Worthy Favs and team to beat. Can be beaten though.
    Cork: Consistent but may fall short
    Clare: Improving and confidence high.
    Wexford: Need to improve but capable of upsetting Munster Finalist losers
    Limerick: Very good upto Clare game. Hype maybe got to them. Capable of beating any team. Maybe a year too soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Kilkenny v limerick
    Wexford v cork
    Looks likely now limerick very poor yesterday
    Clare beatable in a Simi.
    Sneak into a All Ireland and have a cut of a red hot favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

Kilkenny v limerick
    Wexford v cork
    Sneak into a All Ireland and have a cut of a red hot favourite.

Galway v Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Think we can take galway.worthy favs but beatable.limerick never showed up yesterday just like 13 semi final v clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭C__MC

I'm not sure if the KK defense could
    hold clare-

C__MC wrote: »
    I'm not sure if the KK defense cold hold clare-
    I didn't think clare were that good yesterday and the scoreline probaly flattered them but their always difficult down in ennis and we have a bad recent record against them.
    the way i see it not much between 5 teams galway seem to be a bit ahead of the rest but whoever can get a bit of monentum over the next few weeks will fancy their chances.We haven't put a good 70 mins together in the championship yet i dont know if that's a good thing or a bad thing but hopefully we get a 70 mins against galway.
    We don't know our best team but apart from the galway match our subs have worked and hopefully a few weeks into hogan and colin will help them because we need these 2 going well if we're to trouble galway.A win sunday week would throw a spanner in the works.
    some thing I noticed is most teams are going for physical full fowards now conlon,harnedy,Devine,Flanagan,conor mac,rushe i can't help but think surely Joyce had another year or two full back he'd love these type of tussles until delaney was ready to fill the number 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dubcat51

Agree about joyce(thought he played great v wexford in last years championship at full back)as for clare dont think they would hold our forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭babyjesus14

dubcat51 wrote: »
    Agree about joyce(thought he played great v wexford in last years championship at full back)as for clare dont think they would hold our forwards.

Joyce being a solution to anything baffles me. He got cleaned out by Austin Gleeson in '16 drawn semi final taken off and dropped for the replay. Got brought back for the All Ireland final because of injury to Mick Fennelly got cleaned out again and taken off again. So the idea that 2 years on at the age of 31 he's the solution to our full back problem (a position he hasn't played on a regular basis since his under 21 days, 10 years ago and never at Senior inter county level) is fanciful!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

Kilkenny v limerick  
    Wexford v cork  
    Sneak into a All Ireland  and have a cut of a red hot favourite.

Galway v Limerick
    Ya it should be a great All Ireland final between them :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Pat Treacy

bruschi wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely astounded if anyone knew who the main single donor is. It is known in circles, but the man himself despite being very wealthy is not a public figure. He was also donating before Davy got involved, more so in underage development. That is still happening.

Would he have a sand gravel business up Wicklow way.

dubcat51 wrote: »

Joyce being a solution to anything baffles me. He got cleaned out by Austin Gleeson in '16 drawn semi final taken off and dropped for the replay. Got brought back for the All Ireland final because of injury to Mick Fennelly got cleaned out again and taken off again. So the idea that 2 years on at the age of 31 he's the solution to our full back problem (a position he hasn't played on a regular basis since his under 21 days, 10 years ago and never at Senior inter county level) is fanciful!

I'm just saying i think he could still do a job on a robust full foward.plenty of lads had bad games and are still on the panel.rob lennon got cleaned out against Gleeson last year in thurles and was a sub this year for the galway match

I'm just saying i think he could still do a job on a robust full foward.plenty of lads had bad games and are still on the panel.rob lennon got cleaned out against Gleeson last year in thurles and was a sub this year for the galway match

Joyce retired because he knew his best days are behind him. I presume you are talking the likes of Conor Cooney, John Conlon, Seamus Harney as "robust " full forwards. They might be big strong guys but they are also very mobile and serious hurlers. Joyce would not be able to live with any of those guys at this stage of his career. What Rob Lennon has got to do with it I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Pat Treacy wrote: »

I was thinking a resident in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Kil v Gal U21 team
    L Dunphy
    M Cody T Walsh R Bergin
    T Kenny M Keoghan S Murphy
    E Delaney R Leahy
    C Prendiville C Hennessey A Mullen
    B Sheehan J DonnellyJ Bergin
    Subs
    D Phelan
    C McGrath
    M Carey
    M Kenny
    E Egan
    R Murphy
    S Carey
    S Mahoney
    N Walsh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Now now he is adamant that he has never contributed to that cause

Any way more important the team for Wednesday
    Kil v Gal L Dunphy M Cody T Walsh R Bergin T Kenny M Keoghan S Murphy E Delaney R LeahyC Prendiville C HennesseyA Mullen B Sheehan J DonnellyJ Bergin Subs D Phelan C McGrath M Carey M Kenny E Egan R MurphyS Carey S Mahoney N Walsh

• Advertisement

dzer2 wrote: »
    Any way more important the team for Wednesday
    Kil v Gal L Dunphy M Cody T Walsh R Bergin T Kenny M Keoghan S Murphy E Delaney R LeahyC Prendiville C HennesseyA Mullen B Sheehan J DonnellyJ Bergin Subs D Phelan C McGrath M Carey M Kenny E Egan R MurphyS Carey S Mahoney N Walsh
    looks a good team on paper.no darren mullen?is he injured.

I was surprised he wasn't included too

looks a good team on paper.no darren mullen?is he injured.

I assume he is seen as he's not even on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭robwen

https://www.tg4.ie/en/live-sport/gaa-beo/

KK v Galway now down as the live game on website & Munster game deferred

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

no and no.

Dont want to derail a Kilkenny thread on Wexford matters, but whilst there are plenty of known benefactors, the likes of Jim Bolger and others, and then Eanna Martins publicly announced role of Commercial Manager, it would seem that as long as things are maintained and managed correctly, we wont see another Waterford/Davy situation in Wexford. Its not heading that way and the finances seem to be in order.

I dont know what he is on or what demands he is putting on Wexford, but it has not been to the detriment of other areas (ie football or underage development) and that to me was key. Considering where Wexford were, the attendances alone for Wexford Park games would cover the additional expenses of an outside manager.

Kil v Gal U21 team
    L Dunphy
    M Cody T Walsh R Bergin
    E Delaney R Leahy
    Subs
    D Phelan
    C McGrath
    M Carey
    M Kenny
    E Egan
    R Murphy
    S Carey
    S Mahoney
    N Walsh

Like the look of that team. Obviously it will be a huge challenge against a very good Galway team who will have the advantage of having played a game. Find it really difficult to call but would be hopeful

Also worth baring in mind it's a young team, 8 of them are underage again next year and if you were to include Darren Mullen at wing back that figure would be up to 9.

Kil v Gal U21 team
    L Dunphy
    M Cody T Walsh R Bergin
    E Delaney R Leahy
    Subs
    D Phelan
    C McGrath
    M Carey
    M Kenny
    E Egan
    R Murphy
    S Carey
    S Mahoney
    N Walsh

Like the look of that team. Obviously it will be a huge challenge against a very good Galway team who will have the advantage of having played a game. Find it really difficult to call but would be hopeful

Also worth baring in mind it's a young team, 8 of them are underage again next year and if you were to include Darren Mullen at wing back that figure would be up to 9.
    is it u20 next year?it's nice to see a sprinkle of clubs from junior to senior.I heard dj is doing a good job hopefully they can get the win tomorrow evening.

is it u20 next year?it's nice to see a sprinkle of clubs from junior to senior.I heard dj is doing a good job hopefully they can get the win tomorrow evening.

You could be right, not 100% sure. Yeah, the reports i have heard from within the camp is that the lads love DJ. But I guess competitive sport is all about results and if they lose tomorrow night that won't matter a damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Village87

U 20 next year, so its hard luck on the lads u20. Looks a good Kilkenny team team and take them to win Wednesday night. Forwards look lethal, mix of height, pace and hurling in there

• Advertisement

Village87 wrote: »
    U 20 next year, so its hard luck on the lads u20. Looks a good Kilkenny team team and take them to win Wednesday night. Forwards look lethal, mix of height, pace and hurling in there

Agree we look very strong from midfield up. With the absence of Conor Dohney, Aidan Nolan and Darren Mullen our defence is probably not as strong as it could be. Be interesting to see how Mossy does at 6, played there for Kieran's a few years back but not a position he would have a lot of experience playing and will be up against a very good direct opponent in Brian Concannon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement