Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

This seems like a reasonable price for the Roborock S5 Max. Has anyone used them?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/ri7vxxbjkhndrfaljx4fstvr5ngrdfx1m.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

nialldinho wrote: »
    This seems like a reasonable price for the Roborock S5 Max. Has anyone used them?

I've had terrible trouble with eGlobalCentral... weeks to deliver product and created huge difficulty when I attempted to have faulty product repaired under warranty. Product was never repaired and is now just a very expensive failure...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ordered phones from them no issues may try this just need to read reviews and hopefully 3rd order lucky

Ordered phones from them no issues may try this just need to read reviews and hopefully 3rd order lucky

I'd advise the OP to have a look at the photography thread about EGC... Some users have been lucky, but overwhelmingly, anyone who has used them on multiple occassions has had a negative experience.

Decide how desperately you need this particular hoover & then decide whether its worth potentially losing a few hundred euros over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Any other suggestions or reliable sellers
    If there any reliable sellers at all ? We have lockdowns ,quarantines etc. all around the globe. All those robots have to cross EU border first .... It is all gray market too with no official reps ,warranty etc.
    Fulfilled by Amazon I suppose would be your safest bet ....Double the price of course.
    You might consider this seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183288975228
    I’ve heard takes only about a week to get it delivered.
    No warranty etc, but it is pretty much like elsewhere with those Chinese robots .

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    If there any reliable sellers at all ? We have lockdowns ,quarantines etc. all around the globe. All those robots have to cross EU border first .... It is all gray market too with no official reps ,warranty etc.
    Fulfilled by Amazon I suppose would be your safest bet ....Double the price of course.
    You might consider this seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183288975228
    I’ve heard takes only about a week to get it delivered.
    No warranty etc, but it is pretty much like elsewhere with those Chinese robots .

Was wondering users had any recommendations but in current climate things different

Might look at ebay but in no rush for it if ever

Asked for refund with Gearbest and suddenly movement on the package that was stuck in Hungary since the 28th Feb

Parcel in clearance 4th March
    Customs clearance processing complete 7th May

Wonder if they are shipping it back to China or onto me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

I try to pay with PayPal for most online purchases, if I don't have that option, then I don't purchase, at least with PayPal, one has some form of complaints procedure if item not received/delayed.

august12 wrote: »
    I try to pay with PayPal for most online purchases, if I don't have that option, then I don't purchase, at least with PayPal, one has some form of complaints procedure if item not received/delayed.

I've found PayPal to be absolutely useless. They charge obscene exchange rates and have never supported me in the case of a dispute. I avoid them at all costs. Better off paying with a credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've found PayPal to be absolutely useless. They charge obscene exchange rates and have never supported me in the case of a dispute. I avoid them at all costs. Better off paying with a credit card.
    I've just had a successful claim and I have my Revolut card linked to PayPal. And free returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭bamayang

bamayang wrote: »
    Hi guys, can I ask what email address you used to contact them? Having issues with battery not holding a charge.

*might be related to the hoover driving through new puppy's poop in the kitchen, dragging it around the whole kitchen and the wife in a panic, putting the Eufy under the tap :(

Update - contacts Eufy and after sending them a video of the unit not working, they just resent me a brand new one. No requirement to return the original. Pretty savage customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Got my Eufy 15C max today.

Wow, how did I live without this thing! It did a run around out of the box and I had to empty it twice! So much dirt on the ground even tho I hoovered yesterday!

I even gave it a good test as I brought loads of mud in from the garden by accident bringing it in from the postman and it got it all up pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

afatbollix wrote: »
    Got my Eufy 15C max today.

Wow, how did I live without this thing! It did a run around out of the box and I had to empty it twice! So much dirt on the ground even tho I hoovered yesterday!

I even gave it a good test as I brought loads of mud in from the garden by accident bringing it in from the postman and it got it all up pretty quick.

Where did you get it and how much?

Got it on Eufys website. Delivered by amazon tho which was a suprise.

Paid £189 for it, Theres a £80 off discount code on the website at the moment.

We decided a name today. Hes now called dusty.

Got it on Eufys website. Delivered by amazon tho which was a suprise.

Paid £189 for it, Theres a £80 off discount code on the website at the moment.

We decided a name today. Hes now called dusty.

Is there an app for it and can you control it remotely or set timers for it to run say overnight

Cheers

Is there an app for it and can you control it remotely or set timers for it to run say overnight

Cheers

Yup it has a app to set a schedule and you can move it to where you want it to hoover via the app.

Works with Alexa too, I just say tell dusty to clean and it starts.

Yup it has a app to set a schedule and you can move it to where you want it to hoover via the app.

Works with Alexa too, I just say tell dusty to clean and it starts.

Cheers

Had a look at their website

Was looking at the 30c but this is out of stock, RoboVac 15C MAX and the RoboVac G10 Hybrid. The G10 has a mopping feature but not sure if worth the extra bit. Looked at some reviews online and most seem to be happy enough with them. The 15c max can clean carpets but we have all wooden floors with only one rug in the hallway. No pets in the house but a small child and shreds of food can be left about the house

Seems to work on 2.4ghz but that should be ok and app seems easy enough to handle. We have Alexa so be good for that

Just during lockdown be using it every day :D

Very tempted at the moment

Anything bad or something that it does not do or could do better(as my teacher use to say:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Panrich

i have had an old Eufy model (11C) for over two years now. It has been a great workhorse but is now about to expire as it become very noisy lately. I am looking at a replacement and am going round in circles a bit (a bit like Eufy itself).

For the price of the latest Eufy, I could get a Roborock E25 and that would solve one big bugbear from the Eufy ie navigation. I know that the E25 does not have the best navigation system but at least it would not be bumping around blindly like the Eufy.

Another issue with my current Eufy is the pet hair tangles on the brushes. Looking at some reviews, the more expensive vacuums do better here.

I'm now toying with the idea of the Roborock S5 MAX or the Deebot 950. I found a link on Amazon.de for the deebot at just over €400 so that is tempting. The S5 max is almost €500 on Ebay and more on Amazon.

We have wooden floors/tiles downstairs with some mats and rugs so the mapping and nogo zones are very attractive. I'm not expecting much from the mopping feature but if it only wipes the odd tea spill or pet paw prints, it would be worth it.

Anyone have any advice on what way they'd go in my situation?

Panrich wrote: »
    i have had an old Eufy model (11C) for over two years now. It has been a great workhorse but is now about to expire as it become very noisy lately. I am looking at a replacement and am going round in circles a bit (a bit like Eufy itself).

For the price of the latest Eufy, I could get a Roborock E25 and that would solve one big bugbear from the Eufy ie navigation. I know that the E25 does not have the best navigation system but at least it would not be bumping around blindly like the Eufy.

Another issue with my current Eufy is the pet hair tangles on the brushes. Looking at some reviews, the more expensive vacuums do better here.

I'm now toying with the idea of the Roborock S5 MAX or the Deebot 950. I found a link on Amazon.de for the deebot at just over €400 so that is tempting. The S5 max is almost €500 on Ebay and more on Amazon.

We have wooden floors/tiles downstairs with some mats and rugs so the mapping and nogo zones are very attractive. I'm not expecting much from the mopping feature but if it only wipes the odd tea spill or pet paw prints, it would be worth it.

Apparently the bumping around blindly covers your floor space better and gets up more stuff... the navigation bots travel in straight lines and only cover each spot once...

Cheers

Had a look at their website

Was looking at the 30c but this is out of stock, RoboVac 15C MAX and the RoboVac G10 Hybrid. The G10 has a mopping feature but not sure if worth the extra bit. Looked at some reviews online and most seem to be happy enough with them. The 15c max can clean carpets but we have all wooden floors with only one rug in the hallway. No pets in the house but a small child and shreds of food can be left about the house

Seems to work on 2.4ghz but that should be ok and app seems easy enough to handle. We have Alexa so be good for that

Just during lockdown be using it every day :D

Very tempted at the moment

Anything bad or something that it does not do or could do better(as my teacher use to say:p)

I have a Eufy for the past two years and as long as you look after it, it will not let you down. I think they also look after their customers quite well.

It can get stuck in all sorts of unlikely spots but the flipside is that it can also get in to clean spots that can leave you scratching your head at times.

Overall, it has been a great servant for our house where we both work and through the app you can schedule it to run at times to suit. I thought that I'd use it via Alexa more that I actually do but I sometimes ask it to pause or go home when I get a phone call etc.

• Advertisement

. I know that the E25 does not have the best navigation system but at least it would not be bumping around blindly like the Eufy.

So you cannot map the area on the Eufy or does it remember the area for next time?

So you cannot map the area on the Eufy or does it remember the area for next time?

No there is no navigation. It just keeps going around randomly but it seems to manage to find a way to get everywhere it needs to go. It can be a bit frustrating to watch it pass within millimetres of a bit of dirt and then go off somewhere else but if you just leave it alone it seems to get there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Apparently the bumping around blindly covers your floor space better and gets up more stuff... the navigation bots travel in straight lines and only cover each spot once...

Navigation bots could go as many times over the same spot as you want. You have a solid choice there, unlike with the blind robots.
    I could choose specific room to clean and number of rounds to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

I can’t advise but just wanted to let you know that the Roborock S4 is currently €415 on amazon.de and there is currently a €40 voucher you can apply. Apparently it is as good as or better than the S5 max but just lacks the mop function.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭Ryath

Anyone have any of the newer Neatos? Searched the thread but there's seems to be only posts about the older models. Neato D450 has been dropping steadily in price the last while. Down to £263 now.

Have a 8 month old golden retriever who's shedding a lot the last few weeks. Even running around twice a day with the dyson V6 isn't cutting it. We have a Miele too but that's only dragged out for big cleans.

I can’t advise but just wanted to let you know that the Roborock S4 is currently €415 on amazon.de and there is currently a €40 voucher you can apply. Apparently it is as good as or better than the S5 max but just lacks the mop function.

Thanks but a lot more expensive

Eufy within budget but no mapping but not sure if that is a biggie. i just dont want to keep on saying to it you missed a spot

Mopping not essential just a good to have still looking at options

Not ordering from China after last 2 experiences with Ali express and Gearbest none of them arrive and had to get refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭xckjoo

I'm tempted to try one of these since we never seem to have time to get the hoover out these days (newborn in the house) and 3 dogs shedding everywhere. I'm worried that the dogs will end up attacking the thing though :pac:

Do we need the floors super clear for this to work well? There's a lot of nooks and crannies at the moment. The eufy RoboVac 11S seems to be a reasonable price at the moment (don't want to spend more in case the dogs do eat it). We currently have child gates between each of the rooms downstairs. Would it cause issues to drop it into a room and set it going or does it need to find its own way around the place? No carpets downstairs so that's not a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

With my Roomba I have a few "Virtual Walls" (basically small transmitters that prevent the Roomba going into places I don't want it to) and I let it run free otherwise.

Make sure you don't have wires loose or anything else that might get dragged up.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

For anyone thinking of ordering the Roborock S5 Max from eGlobal Central, I said I'd go for it and ordered on May 4th.

Stuck in "Processing" for weeks and they didn't reply to any queries so I was in the dark. Opened a dispute with PayPal and it looks like they've refunded. Just a heads up.

Trying to decide where to buy it now though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok lookinf for some ideas, mate bought the Xiaomi robot vac gen 1. Same as mine. He dropped it and it is busted and he wants one to replace ASAP

He wants the same sort of features, maps out room. Any options apart from iRobot and Xiaomi? do the Eufy map the room?

Advertisement