Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 7 - Canada

Options
  • 07-06-2019 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭

Canadian Grand Prix from the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Montreal)
    2018-F1-Canadian-GP-track-map-Circuit-Gilles-Villeneuve.jpg

Race Stats

Races: 49 [1967 – 2017, Montreal 39 (1978 – 1986, 1988 – 2008, 2010 – 2018), Mosport 8, Mont-Tremblant 2]
    Laps: 70
    Circuit Length: 4361 m
    Race Distance: 305.270 km
    Fastest Race Lap: 1:13.622 (Rubens Barrichello, 2004)
    Record Lap: 1:10.764 (Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari SF71H, Q3, 2018)

2019 CANADIAN GP TIMETABLE

1st Free Practice: FRI 15:00
    2nd Free Practice: FRI 19:00
    3rd Free Practice: SAT 16:00
    Qualifying: SAT 19:00
    Race: SUN 19:10

TV channels: live on Sky Sports F1 and highlights on Channel 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

FP 1 kicked off about an hour ago and initial signs are not positive for anyone who doesn't like the silver arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Merc have already bolted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Gintonious wrote: »
    Merc have already bolted.

A second clear.. jasus.. way to ruin one of my favourite races.

HighLine wrote: »
    A second clear.. jasus.. way to ruin one of my favourite races.

Still a chance of safety cars and all that, but I do not have my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Inquitus wrote: »
    FP 1 kicked off about an hour ago and initial signs are not positive for anyone who doesn't like the silver arrows.

Wow two threads created for this weekend's race and both at the exact same time too.

They have brought an engine update too so Ferrari's advantage is getting a lot slimmer.

Unless there is a crash or rain it will be another boring race at the front.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

What happened to Lewis just there has happened to me a million times in Montreal, difference is that I've always had flashbacks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Cool_CM wrote: »
    What happened to Lewis just there has happened to me a million times in Montreal, difference is that I've always had flashbacks :)

Been playing Microprose Grand Prix 2 again? ;)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Been playing Microprose Grand Prix 2 again? ;)

I was devastated when Grand Prix 3 came out and our PC didn't have a Pentium III to run it :(

Red Bulls getting in a tussle

Well...Lewis bangs the wall and Ferrari find pace...we MIGHT have a race on our hands, finally!

Gintonious wrote: »
    Well...Lewis bangs the wall and Ferrari find pace...we MIGHT have a race on our hands, finally!

Max kisses the wall of champions, but continues. He hasn't earned that yet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Lewis H incident : https://streamable.com/7wqrj

• Registered Users Posts: 12,865 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lewis making uncharacteristic mistakes and struggling in practice.

Merc one two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Stroll's new engine failed in FP3, back to using the old power unit so he's already at a disadvantage. I imagine he will struggle to get out of Q1. Probably Giovinazzi as well, the Alfa doesn't seem to be working that well so far this weekend.

Giovinazzi got through, fair play to him. Kimi out along with both Racing Points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

Ferraris looking good. But wouldn't write off Mercs yet. Hopefully LeClerc can make amends for Monaco

Massive shunt for KMag, Verstappen out

Holy everything ...

Changes the race for a lot of ppl tomorrow

skipper_G wrote: »
    Massive shunt for KMag, Verstappen out

Disaster. Would have been great to see Max in the mix. We need as many competitive cars at the sharp end! Mercs always get the roll of the dice as well as being miles ahead on merit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wonder is Stroll's engine blowout a sign of an underlying issue with the new Mercedes PU? A guy's gotta hope.

• Advertisement

So after all the talking up of Ferrari's "advantage" Hamilton 2 tenths up and P1. He's just relentless

I never in my life thought I would say this, but Yesssss go on Vettel!!! Awesome lap

Shout out to Ricciardo as well, P4! Excellent stuff for him, an unexpected podium would be most welcome

That's nice . Way to go Danny ric . That's a really nice mix for tomorrow s race. Everyone should thank Kevin mag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Get in Vettel. And Danny Ric.

Pity LeClerc isn't alongside Vettel! Fingers crossed that Vettel is quick off the mark tomorrow, don't want to see Lewis scampering off into the distance

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Hopefully make for an exciting race tomorrow with Hamilton between the 2 Ferrari's and Max starting down the grid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Joeface wrote: »
    That's nice . Way to go Danny ric . That's a really nice mix for tomorrow s race. Everyone should thank Kevin mag

I was shouting at the TV! Sky just weren't mentioning how good it was for ages.

Good qualifying. Was sure Lewis had it so was surprised Vettel caught him

Yeah looking good, Riccardo on fourth, hamilton and ferraris and max down the grid. The midfield is also a little mixed with Kimi further down than you would expect. Although whether he has the desire to fight up the grid is another question

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

Looking forward to the race now after that! Can I just say I really hate this qualifying format, all we saw of Vettel's and Hamilton's lap was them crossing the finish line.

Advertisement