Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2019 - Round 7 - Canada

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I hope there will be smashes, bashes and crashes tomorrow. We deserve a great race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just watching this qualy again but on C4. So much better the commentary, and they're quick to react to everything happening on track.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just seen the highlights on C4. That was the best qualifying session in a long time.

Delighted for Daniel Riccardo and great lap by Vettel. Would love to see Riccardo on the podium tomorrow.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

On Sky after the qualifying was a good piece on Vettel.

Made me like him a little more. His comments on social media were gas.

Asked why he wasn't on it he replied saying why would people care about his life outside of racing. Didn't understand the point of posting everything he does and why anyone would be interested, said outside the car he's not that interesting.

Brundle asked silly questions, one was does he leave the seat up and he replied saying he does but wouldn't be posting about it on social media everytime.

I think him and Lewis as the older drivers now seem to be developing a bond and being a bit more laid back and fun about it. It's nice to see.

Hope we get a good battle tomorrow although I'm hoping something crazy happens and Ricciardo makes the podium.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I am amazed how far ahead Vettel is vs Leclerc in qualifying and races this year.
    Leclerc is one for the future but should be now a dedicated number 2 driver for at least this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

TCP/IP wrote: »
    I am amazed how far ahead Vettel is vs Leclerc in qualifying and races this year.
    Leclerc is one for the future but should be now a dedicated number 2 driver for at least this year.

The gap is very similar to Hamilton & Bottas (17 points). Vettel & Le Clerc is 25 points. We've only had six races thus far, it's a bit soon to be deciding 1's and 2's yet no?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Inviere wrote: »
    The gap is very similar to Hamilton & Bottas (17 points). Vettel & Le Clerc is 25 points. We've only had six races thus far, it's a bit soon to be deciding 1's and 2's yet no?

No it’s absolutely the time for a number 1 driver what is the point of drivers taking points off each other completely silly thing to do. You have a four time WC that needs his team to get behind him 100%. Vettal has proved he is the better driver so back him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yesterdays quali was better than the last 5 races. I'm keeping my hopes low for the race though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

for the championships sake we realy need the mercs to score no points. and vettle to win . hopefully max and le clearc will do well to help them keep motivated.

really hope to see riciardo do well, he needs a good result

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Any chance of rain today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No precipitation forecast. There will be higher temps, air temps at 26-28 degrees and track hopefully getting up to 45-50 degrees. That will mean a really racey race. Tyres will be switched on early, so they'll probably push hard at the start to keep their place. With some key cars out of place, there'll be plenty of action. I can see the long straight entertaining is from the start.

And, I'll call it now... At least two safety cars.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

TCP/IP wrote: »
    No it’s absolutely the time for a number 1 driver what is the point of drivers taking points off each other completely silly thing to do. You have a four time WC that needs his team to get behind him 100%. Vettal has proved he is the better driver so back him.

I don't like Vettel and am a big LeClerc fan but I'd be inclined to agree, put all the weight behind Vettel for this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A car in one of the support races after qualy yesterday spilled oil all over the hairpin, so that may be a factor too!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I would love a Ric podium but wont happen unless there's huge drama

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I don't like Vettel and am a big LeClerc fan but I'd be inclined to agree, put all the weight behind Vettel for this year.

really hope to see riciardo do well, he needs a good result

Sainz would have been a better choice of teammate for Vettel. He is, at the moment, a far more accomplished driver. Leclerc had a huge opportunity to lay down a marker yesterday but failed.
    As for Ricciardo maybe finishing fifth or sixth. So what? That's what you would expect from Renault. He was still almost a second adrift from Vettel.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

What's going on with Jenson tagging along behind Brundle like a puppy on the grid walk. Is he in training, jesus he looks like an awkward intern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Come on Ferrari.

Lewis has a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

My sky sports f1 crashed so had to hastily find another tv channel showing the race..... hope my German is up to scratch #skysportsdeutschland

Although this could be a usual Mercedes bluffing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

My sky sports f1 crashed so had to hastily find another tv channel showing the race..... hope my German is up to scratch #skysportsdeutschland

My F1TV crashed, but came back 1 minute later

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Clean start, Hulk mugged Bottas and Norris with a nice move on Verstappen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Renault boys are doing very well so far.

Lando keeping verstappen more then honest

Max passing Norris was easy as pie.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Max passing Norris was easy as pie.

Took him 5/6 laps to get it done though tbf.

Lando Norris hit the wall and those brakes look toasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Martin bang on with the cause of Lando's issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Such bull****, tyres should not be lasting 60 laps no matter how hard the compound

• Advertisement

Bizzare retirement for Norris not sure if something obvious happens as I didn’t see any contact. If not surely that warrants an investigation to see if the team sent out a defective car.

Advertisement