Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Shoo Shoo Shoes You

Options
2»

Comments

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I wore that Briana Rainbow Club one for my wedding. They were very comfortable for the day but the only problem with them is that the sole is quite slippy so you'd need to sandpaper it a bit if you were walking on wooden floors/dancefloor. I slipped on the way up the aisle in them. Thankfully my husband had a firm grip on me so kept me from actually falling on my arse. (we walked in and out together rather than my dad giving me away which I didn't like - we had a blessing rather than a traditional wedding)

Eeek. I'll have my 79 year old dad to cling on to :p

The gold Bella Belles it is! Thanks Molly :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Just on the topic of shoes in general:

1. Can anyone recommend decent anti-slip things to stick on the bottom of them? I'm worried about slipping in mine, I'm quite accident prone!

2. Does anyone know an Irish supplier who does shoe clips? I'm looking for something dainty, floral and colourful to jazz up my shoes a bit. I've seen some I like on Etsy from suppliers in other European countries, but would prefer to buy Irish if possible.

woodchuck wrote: »
    Just on the topic of shoes in general:

1. Can anyone recommend decent anti-slip things to stick on the bottom of them? I'm worried about slipping in mine, I'm quite accident prone!

2. Does anyone know an Irish supplier who does shoe clips? I'm looking for something dainty, floral and colourful to jazz up my shoes a bit. I've seen some I like on Etsy from suppliers in other European countries, but would prefer to buy Irish if possible.

I found these lads Woodchuck.
    www.secretfashionfixes.ie

Uh oh. I have found the most beautiful perfect shoe. I dare not...........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I’m happy to be the devil on your shoulder if required :D

• Advertisement

I’m happy to be the devil on your shoulder if required :D

:D And I would definitely wear them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Hope I'm not derailing the thread buuuut, on the topic of shoes... Does anyone know what the Jimmy Choo outlet in Kildare Village is like for wedding shoes?

But if they didn't go with my dress or didn't fit properly.....hmm......

Hope I'm not derailing the thread buuuut, on the topic of shoes... Does anyone know what the Jimmy Choo outlet in Kildare Village is like for wedding shoes?

I was only there on Monday. They have some lovely ones. I came across a pair of pink kitten heels but the toe section looked really really narrow. I can't remember the price but not outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I was only there on Monday. They have some lovely ones. I came across a pair of pink kitten heels but the toe section looked really really narrow. I can't remember the price but not outrageous.

Thank you! I'll have to pencil in a visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭aoife1991

I saw lovely wedding shoes on ohelloclothing.ie if anyone is still looking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

theres a shop in Kinsale that is the Irish stockist of these!

https://thewhiteandgold.ie/contemporary-bridal-designers/loeffler-randall/

they are fabulous - prob a bit high for me but love the look.

ams wrote: »
    theres a shop in Kinsale that is the Irish stockist of these!

https://thewhiteandgold.ie/contemporary-bridal-designers/loeffler-randall/

they are fabulous - prob a bit high for me but love the look.

Oh yes I was tempted to take a trip down to them but I know I would want to try on all of their beautiful dresses and then be back to square one not liking mine :p

Shoes still not purchased. I tried my dress on earlier with my hair up and I look so bare. It just has two little straps. My preference is definitely to keep the hair up though, feels less fussy. What will I have to torment myself over when all of this is done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

A good friend with really bad feet had her favourite shoes professionally covered to match the dress - you barely saw them anyway but they looked great and she didn’t have to worry about her feet issues or comfort... mihht be worth considering! Only issue was she lost her favourite pair of comfy black workshoes!!! (pearly white wasn’t a great business suit look! )

Why must the perfect shoe be so expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

They are lovely Michellen but the diamonds on the strap would catch in my dress. I do keep finding reasons to spend a ridiculous amount on them :D

I went completely bonkers and bought the above. Turns out they won't be delivered until mid September. I sent an email letting them know this is too late for me. They are very helpful and told me they could send a sample with the same heel height in time for my fitting. Sure what if the shoe doesn't fit properly when it arrives? That won't leave me with much time to exchange or get a different shoe.

Advertisement