Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell My Campervan

Options
  • 15-06-2021 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am living in Australia ... I own a campervan in Ireland and I wish to sell it ... I have had the CVRT complete ( passed with flying colours ) and I thought I would insure it to sell . No broker wants to deal with me due to living out of Ireland ( I am Irish !)

Can I sell without insurance ; does anybody know or can anyone help ?Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Why do you want insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I am living in Australia ... I own a campervan in Ireland and I wish to sell it ... I have had the CVRT complete ( passed with flying colours ) and I thought I would insure it to sell . No broker wants to deal with me due to living out of Ireland ( I am Irish !)

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Aussie John

Wouldn’t prospective buyers need to bring it for test drive; it’s not taxed or insured??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Iff this is a self conversion rather than a CV bought as a CV, then documentation is needed to make sure it is compliant with the necessary regs such as gas etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Iff this is a self conversion rather than a CV bought as a CV, then documentation is needed to make sure it is compliant with the necessary regs such as gas etc

No there isn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 keg

No problem selling as is.

What’s the details of the van? Someone on here maybe interested

Friend of mine selling in Strokestown Co Roscommon ... will be on Donedeal by weekend asking 25K
    Nissan Primastar Hi-Roof New Build 2006
    This is an officially registered camper on the log book.

CVRT recent 31.03.21
    External plug in power inlet
    230v mains and a 12v DC (leisure battery).
    €110 for annual road tax and €300 to insure. ( that's what it had cost me !)
    4 berth fully belted (5 safety belts)
    2 X Hob Gas Cooker
    Sink with running water ( Water Pump )
    Fridge
    Bluetooth radio
    Practical cupboard layout
    Forward overhead storage compartment
    Fold down safety belted (2) rear seats – folds down to double bed with comfortable mattreses)
    Sleep 2 upstairs ( double deck conversion feature with fitted safety boards)
    Side table ( fold away )
    Split Charge Relay Auxilary Battery
    B licence sufficient.
    Rear storage compartment
    Rear Power Panel ( controls lighting, water pump , leisure battery and power outlets )
    Rear USB power Points and speakers
    Fire & smoke safety kit – FIRE EXTINGUISHER IS OUT OF DATE !
    Interior overhead individual roof lighting
    Storage compartment beneath rear seats
    Black Out Drapes ( full privacy in camper cabin )
    Skylight
    Side sliding door
    2 x large butterfly doors ( secured fully or half open)
    Night heater ( powered externally – would not last overnight on leisure battery )
    Towbar with electrical socket

CATCH YOUR NEXT WAVE ! Check out the Decals.
    FUNKIEST CAMPERVAN IN IRELAND !!
    Takes up only one normal carpark space !! (don’t underestimate the value of this factor)
    Compare the market ! Nothing like this one when you weigh up all factors …it’s got the lot … running like a dream . Year of manufacture + KMS to date + mechanical soundness + campervan accessories + funk = value for money!
    REMEMBER: mine is a 4 BERTH … not a 2 BERTH !! .. AND …the Layout is superior ! Can lay beside your lover (double bed set up) not across from !!
    Stick an awning on the side .. I almost did but I left the country!
    Will throw in all cutlery / kettles / pots pans / deck chairs etc …. And the Porta Potti !
    Nothing to do just drive away ..one cooking ring/hob needs blow out !
    Bluetooth radio - NOTE : I upgraded the original radio – this negates the volume controls on the steering column !
    Wouldn’t be selling except I am overseas and not returning to Ireland in the near future !

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

2016 or 2006? Let us know when ad is up

colm_mcm wrote: »

Is it a pop up roof?

• Advertisement

Is it a pop up roof?

No

Is it a pop up roof?

High Top

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Any pictures of it ??

Any pictures of it ??

Xxxxxcccxxxxxxxcxxxcccb..............,......,,

High Top

..............,,,.... z ........,.......,...........:::::::.:::

keg wrote: »
    No problem selling as is.

What’s the details of the van? Someone on here maybe interested

Xxxxxcccxxxxxxxcxxxcccb..............,......,,

How did you arrive at the asking price?
    Before the camper boom, this looks to me to have been a €5-6k van, maybe €8-9 now with the way vans have gone.
    I’m not having a go, and I hope you get it sold - but I think €25k is off the scale for it.

You’re up against the likes of this vw T5 pop-top, which is way way up at the top end of the small camper price scale because they’re so sought after, and because the roof folds - and it’s still €5k less than what you’re asking

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/volkswagen-vw-transporter-t5-campervan/27894688

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

How did you arrive at the asking price?
    Before the camper boom, this looks to me to have been a €5-6k van, maybe €8-9 now with the way vans have gone.
    I’m not having a go, and I hope you get it sold - but I think €25k is off the scale for it.

You’re up against the likes of this vw T5 pop-top, which is way way up at the top end of the small camper price scale because they’re so sought after, and because the roof folds - and it’s still €5k less than what you’re asking

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/volkswagen-vw-transporter-t5-campervan/27894688

I concur 100%: especially when you see "...And the Porta Potti ! ":D

Anyway once the country opens up in July, the market will begin to soften, especially in Europe where good value will be got by year end

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'd love it, but I'd need to sell a kidney or 2 1st!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Way way overpriced for a 2006 standard van, the pictures are terrible, none of inside or close up. I get you fitted it somewhat out but still that's some serious money.

If are serious about a sale you will need to come down....

I near fell off my chair when I seen €25k....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I thought it was just me.

I'd be raising eyebrows at 15k.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Pictures are nearly as shocking as the price... what is it the kids say? Oh yeah GLWS

Ad up on Donedeal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭con747

Ad up on Donedeal

Post the link.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

There is a 2016 on on for near half that price.....

Pics from the donedeal ad

396-B76-FD-9-FDC-4-BEA-ADA6-DD47-B8-BDD5-D7.jpg9-ED53-D70-7684-4243-8-BFA-2-D1-EB2-C0-F0-D1.jpg
    A5-F70713-ED87-4-A9-E-A25-D-2-D61060-D07-EB.jpgCC03278-B-C9-A6-4981-8-C8-E-1-E2-B07-B21-F3-C.jpgF3285-D61-49-F3-4-B6-B-8-AC3-C0-E32-DB071-D3.jpg

• Advertisement

I have to ask how could 4 sleep in that?¿?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement