Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell My Campervan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I have to ask how could 4 sleep in that?¿?
    Me thinks:
    Like my friend, in National school in '58 in rural , from a two bed cottage with 11 children, when the new priest in the parish asked him: where does your daddy sleep?:
    "On top of my mammy"

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have to ask how could 4 sleep in that?¿?

There’s another 2 beds up high. Not sure how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Price could be optimistic but best of luck with the sale!

If it sells for more than half the asking, I'm selling mine asap

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Twenty five thousand.

Really?

Lol. Get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I had hoped the seller meant $25000AUD...
    But, even at that it's hugely overpriced.
    I know there's a squeeze on campers at the moment, but paying anywhere near 15k, let alone 25k for that can???

Well, all I'll say is GLWS.

• Advertisement

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Price could be optimistic but best of luck with the sale!

If it sells for more than half the asking, I'm selling mine asap

If it sells for half the asking I’m giving up the day job and going at the conversions full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it sells for half the asking I’m giving up the day job and going at the conversions full time.

Lucrative this year anyway, then you will be able make a killing converting coffee trailers into horseboxes next year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Cheensbo wrote: »
    Lucrative this year anyway, then you will be able make a killing converting coffee trailers into horseboxes next year :pac:
    not quite yet
    https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/2021/0617/1228722-james-patrice-on-glam-food-trucks-and-his-go-to-spots-in-malahide/

The Battle of the Food Trucks is a new cookery show coming to RTÉ Player, which follows along as six food truck chefs from across Ireland go head-to-head to be crowned Ireland's finest food truck, battling it out through various challenges and themes.
    :D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Delighted it's a "Luxury Porta Potti" and not a bog standard.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I am living in Australia ... I own a campervan in Ireland and I wish to sell it ... I have had the CVRT complete ( passed with flying colours ) and I thought I would insure it to sell . No broker wants to deal with me due to living out of Ireland ( I am Irish !)

Can I sell without insurance ; does anybody know or can anyone help ?Thanks !

So you spent what, 2.5k on a van and another 3k turning it into a low to mid range conversion. And now you want 25k for it. You've probably heard about the rise in prices here now and said you'd cash in on your greed.

You've some f'n neck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Aussie John

presumptuous stuff there .... shame on me for my "GREED" !

Boards , carpeted , covered and comfortable ( that are stored in the front overhead compartment ) slide into grooves from front to rear of campervan and sturdy enough to fit 2 100kg people above the slide out bed beneath ... effectively a double deck set up ) slept "upstairs" myself at a few concerts now !

colm_mcm wrote: »
    There’s another 2 beds up high. Not sure how it works

Boards, carpeted, covered and comfortable ( that are stored in the front overhead compartment ) slide into grooves from front to rear of campervan and sturdy enough to fit 2 100kg people above the slide out bed beneath ... effectively a double deck set up ) slept "upstairs" myself at a few concerts now !

I'd love it, but I'd need to sell a kidney or 2 1st!

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/4-berth-hi-roof-camper/28479863

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

Thats not even a nice looking conversion, the standard of workmanship is shoddy. Look at the state of the window, the wood above it, the dings in the furniture, the stains on the seats. Its laughable that you think you will get €25k for it, I wouldn't even give you €10k and believe me when I say I know a lot about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Insane price

I don't think I will get 25K for it ! When in the history of asking prices did anyone ever get what they asked for anything? Well maybe Celtic Tiger times ... MAYBE this is Celtic Campervan times ??

Why are there so many angry people in Ireland ?

If you think the price is outrageous well you might be right ! I live in Australia ; have done since 1995 ... I bought the campervan 6 years ago ; I have loved every moment I have used it .. Apart from Covid times I come HOME to Ireland every year from Australia . Maybe I have misjudged the asking price !!?? I have left the selling of the campervan to a friend of mine ; it's at his discretion what the selling price might be . I am not stuck for money .. Bid him if you like it ... The workmanship is NOT shoddy ! ( I do take exception to that )

If the asking price is making so many people angry then may I suggest you don't look at it ! Smell a flower ; hug a Teddy Bear , kiss your partner . Do something that makes you happy .. but it's hardly worthwhile shouting at the price of a campervan !

That's just my opinion !

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Donegal Overlanding

I don't think I will get 25K for it ! When in the history of asking prices did anyone ever get what they asked for anything? Well maybe Celtic Tiger times ... MAYBE this is Celtic Campervan times ??

Why are there so many angry people in Ireland ?

If you think the price is outrageous well you might be right ! I live in Australia ; have done since 1995 ... I bought the campervan 6 years ago ; I have loved every moment I have used it .. Apart from Covid times I come HOME to Ireland every year from Australia . Maybe I have misjudged the asking price !!?? I have left the selling of the campervan to a friend of mine ; it's at his discretion what the selling price might be . I am not stuck for money .. Bid him if you like it ... The workmanship is NOT shoddy ! ( I do take exception to that )

If the asking price is making so many people angry then may I suggest you don't look at it ! Smell a flower ; hug a Teddy Bear , kiss your partner . Do something that makes you happy .. but it's hardly worthwhile shouting at the price of a campervan !

That's just my opinion !

A lot of words that mean nothing. The price is absolutely comical, literally a joke. Put it up for €10k and hope you get a bite by some desperado who has no clue what they're buying.

Spare us the fabricated waffle about Australia and so on, you look at DoneDeal/Adverts and know exactly what the prices are. You are not fooling anyone buster.

A lot of words that mean nothing. The price is absolutely comical, literally a joke. Put it up for €10k and hope you get a bite by some desperado who has no clue what they're buying.

Spare us the fabricated waffle about Australia and so on, you look at DoneDeal/Adverts and know exactly what the prices are. You are not fooling anyone buster.

Jeez it’s worse than I thought ! Haven’t heard the word “buster “ for a while ; that’s comical in itself !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Maybe I have misjudged the asking price !!?? I have left the selling of the campervan to a friend of mine ; it's at his discretion what the selling price might be .

It's priced not to sell, he wants to use it for himself this summer.

06 Van basic conversion I'd say 12000 ish. Personally I'd tidy up around the window, shouldn't take much and I don't like the decal. Also clean up the wheels a bit. It would make it look much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Lots of people on here moaning about the price and the quality of the build etc. Jog on for fuck sake - you'd swear you were paying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lots of people on here moaning about the price and the quality of the build etc. Jog on for fuck sake - you'd swear you were paying for it.

Lots of people on here giving the OP a reality check if he wants to sell it. Which I'm presuming he doesn't.

Someone said the van cost 2,5k ? I've a 2007 which is in good nick I paid 1,8 for. 5 years ago. This van in the ad was a below 2k van with a 2k (if even)conversion done on it. And it's asking 25k

There's someone that can jog on but it's not the posters here who know what they are talking about.

. laughable start to finish.

Ha ha haa. Good man Buford ! My sentiments aswell!!

What ever about the price its a heap of ****e !

No need for that.

It is not!!! It’s the best investment I’ve ever made ! And listening to all the angry negative nellies here I have changed my mind I think I’ll keep it forever!

listermint wrote: »
    Lots of people on here giving the OP a reality check if he wants to sell it. Which I'm presuming he doesn't.

Someone said the van cost 2,5k ? I've a 2007 which is in good nick I paid 1,8 for. 5 years ago. This van in the ad was a below 2k van with a 2k (if even)conversion done on it. And it's asking 25k

There's someone that can jog on but it's not the posters here who know what they are talking about.

. laughable start to finish.

Someone said! ... someone stupid or someone smart??

It is not!!! It’s the best investment I’ve ever made !

It certainly will be if some tool gives you 25k for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Someone said! ... someone stupid or someone smart??

I'm not the one trying to get 25k for a 15 year old self conversion.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement