Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Radio 1: The Ryan Tubridy Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,132 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm out, this is tedious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

This is turning into liveline with the gross amount of time dedicated to the host's pet topics. I can't even imagine how the conversation goes after the broadcast ends. Plenty of sucking up and looking for invites and freebies I would bet good money on. A few dozen people max in Ireland care about Hamilton but sure **** the audience like, Ryan likes it so that's all that matters really. I suppose we should be grateful it isn't the mother of a child that died on Christmas day or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

This is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I'm sitting here listening to this show, for the first time in my life. I have absolutely no time for this man, on TV. So I thought, maybe he's simply better suited to radio. Well, in my opinion, he's simply not suited to broadcasting at all. I've struggled to get the gist of anything he's talking about (granted I'm only listening with one ear, so to speak, and reading the paper at the same time).

I'm tempted to actually do a transcript of it, just to see in black and white the broken speech which suggests no preparation for his presentation, which leads to hesitation and changes mid sentence.

On the other hand, I won't be listening again, so why bother. I really believe that almost anyone could walk in off the street and do as 'good' a job, and probably many would be far better.

The news just came on as I'm typing, and I can follow what's happening, even while writing this post.

Back to Newstalk for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Got a warning for comparing this guy to a broadcaster from the UK who also has a fascination with death and visiting schools and hospitals
    But other posters can basically say what they want
    I didn’t say he was a peado, he is sick in the head

• Advertisement

I'm sitting here listening to this show, for the first time in my life. I have absolutely no time for this man, on TV. So I thought, maybe he's simply better suited to radio. Well, in my opinion, he's simply not suited to broadcasting at all. I've struggled to get the gist of anything he's talking about (granted I'm only listening with one ear, so to speak, and reading the paper at the same time).

I'm tempted to actually do a transcript of it, just to see in black and white the broken speech which suggests no preparation for his presentation, which leads to hesitation and changes mid sentence.

On the other hand, I won't be listening again, so why bother. I really believe that almost anyone could walk in off the street and do as 'good' a job, and probably many would be far better.

The news just came on as I'm typing, and I can follow what's happening, even while writing this post.

Back to Newstalk for me.

Today when I lost the will to go on, I switched over to Newstalk to take in the PK show, and it was a refreshing change.

It was nice to hear a host who was articulate, intelligent and who asked good questions. It was night and day between his show and the hospital radio quality host on RTE getting 500k per year for his talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Got a warning for comparing this guy to a broadcaster from the UK who also has a fascination with death and visiting schools and hospitals
    But other posters can basically say what they want
    I didn’t say he was a peado, he is sick in the head

‘Ows about that then’

‘Ows about that then’

:D :eek:

"A lot of people are thinking about Arlene Foster this morning" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Toy Show ticket mention inside 20 seconds. Puke.

• Advertisement

amlinopta wrote: »
    Toy Show ticket mention inside 20 seconds. Puke.

Not sure what his point was? It's too early to talk about the toyshow? But he has already mentioned it every month this year himself. I think he was trolling us.

Clearly has no idea what happened in the Denmark - Finland match. Actually embarrassed for him.

Yeah he laughed and mentioned June, as if its too early to talk about it.
    He is trolling us for sure.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Clearly has no idea what happened in the Denmark - Finland match. Actually embarrassed for him.

Was too busy watching Kellie Harrington fights.;)

He must have some auto search feature for ,"death" set up on his browser to scrape the Internet for "death" and "sad memory" every morning. Why not just talk about funny things on Google Street View like a normal person and not images from beyond the grave like so demented ghoul.

Here we go now. Usually Fergal Darcy territory but we are heading for "memories of sweets from your childhood" territory

Back when we were all messers at school.

Has the long miserable letter from various victims segembt been dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,950 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

NIMAN wrote: »
    Back when we were all messers at school.

I'd say he was the teacher's pet. Couldn't see him leaving a bogie on the teacher's chair for a laugh....the kinda thing messers do on a quiet day.

Dead people on Google street view.

I've heard it all now

Bit of Macca for a change

• Advertisement

Iceland

Finally going .... someone must have offered him a free trip. At last.

Of course he read a book called "the girl who died"

Also any Travel Agents listening please get in contact with Ryan now with offers of freebies!

Diarmod Ferriter , the only historian in Ireland.

Childhood ice pops. That's Ray Darcy territory

He eats jelly and ice cream.......what a manchild.

Does anyone remeber on Fr Ted the priest who likes to collect ww2 memorabilia and it turns out to be specifically nazi memorabilia?

Tubridy and his interest in Irish history reminds me of that, interested in Irish history which is normal enough but it qcould be some strange aspect of it such as only liking it from the perspective of the landlords who evicted the natives and burned their houses down, or maybe the fascinating logistics of running a workhouse in Famine times or what it would be like to attend a banquette hosted by someone who runs a soup kitchen. Something abnormal.

Ryan thinks a community gaurd isn't a real gaurd and offends his guest within 10 seconds of the interview.

Inner city scumbags = acting the maggot. Only the 2 people killed and a 3rds life ruined by those messers in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry non-tubs listener but often come across news reports about him and is shows.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/rtes-ryan-tubridy-people-sharing-24346614

RTE's Ryan Tubridy on people sharing Google Street View images of relatives and friends who have since died
    The Late Late show host can see the sadness and comfort that the Google images bring

Really :confused: what's with the morbid entertainment that he goes on with?

• Advertisement

He's a ghoul, plain and simple.

So much of his 'entertainment' slots in his radio and tv shows are about death, disease, illness, sadness.

Advertisement