Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cliched Phrases on Boards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Terry..

This is my last post on the subject......

blah

blah

OK, that's me out

You deleted your account over that? Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

And hominem
    Disingenuous
    Virtue signalling (f*ckin hate that one)
    I'll just leave this here
    Link?
    Source?
    So what you're saying is...
    Mehole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Have you a source for that?

I'll wait.

This isn’t the gotcha you thought it would be.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Amazing the number of people on this thread who think personal abuse is perfectly ok.

It does seem to attract a certain crowd !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

“Ill get my coat..”

Overuse of the overcoat.
    Ill get my coat.

“Roll it back”

Terry.. wrote: »
    Who are you to be telling anyone to stop posting in the thread? With your few days old account

If you read the actual post you would know the answer to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Oh and one from real life …

“Situation”

At least once In just about every Norn Iron interview ever.. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mekofQWyJb0

“Roll it back”

I feel stupid now cheers lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Old man shouts at cloud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Post reported for bullying. I'm so upset I'm going to close my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Get a room, you two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Only in Ireland.

*insert tired quote from +20 year old channel 4 sitcom*

Road tax.
    That's mad Ted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Do not reply to this post

sligojoek wrote: »
    Get a room, you two.

That's a very sexist view.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,843 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

That's a very sexist view.

the eternally offended

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

The worst ones:

"id say you are great craic on a night out"

all father ted quotes

Padraig Flynns quote from the late late show about making tons on money. "i take home (blah blah blah) let me tell you, try it sometime"

"they should put him in jail and throw away the key" about any criminal

story about an immigrant abandoning a buggy at a bus stop on the basis the State will buy her another one.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    the eternally offended

I use member of The Church of The Eternally Offended when apt! :eek:

:D

The worst ones:

"id say you are great craic on a night out"

all father ted quotes

Padraig Flynns quote from the late late show about making tons on money. "i take home (blah blah blah) let me tell you, try it sometime"

"they should put him in jail and throw away the key" about any criminal

story about an immigrant abandoning a buggy at a bus stop on the basis the State will buy her another one.

Fcuking father ted quotes...its over with nearly quarter of a century,im sure it was good when come out first(?),has dated terribly mind,

Maybe its time to let them die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Coke and hookers

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

What's get me about boardies is some of the obscure words in their posts. Anytime I see schadenfreude used I just think to myself can you not just say you are an evil clunt that gets an erection from seeing another suffer.

Anyways I am a miserable wanksalot, so maybe I should expand my vocabulary.

• Advertisement

This place is hostile towards women/trans people/travellers/insert group here.

Commie Mods!

Fascist Mods!

SJW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,676 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

This place is hostile towards women/trans people/travellers/insert group here.

I miss decent old boards.ie

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

sthick

That old sthick won't work with me

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭French Toast

Jemember there was some punchline to to do with "I'm eating my breakfast, Laura" or some such shyte? Someone might colour in the rest of that story.

The odd reference to Face-Kicker, of course.

It boils my piss

McTapper

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

maybe its mentioned already but the term 'simples' at the end of an explanation is still used. drives me nuts.

also sticking on 'you're welcome' at the end. like when you ask a question and someone comes back with a glaringly obvious bit of advice that clearly you had not considered. and usually its crap advice. for example...

me: does anyone know where i can get a few pairs of jeans fixed in town...got some holes in them

internet person: go to Dunnes and buy a sewing kit for a 2 euros. do it yourself. you're welcome.

'shot with a ball of their own sh*t'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Blast it with piss OP.

Jemember there was some punchline to to do with "I'm eating my breakfast, Laura" or some such shyte? Someone might colour in the rest of that story.

Kate. I'm eating my breakfast Kate :D

Some lad used to post the strangest of situations and wondered why certain people said or acted in particular ways. The gas thing was that it was obvious he was the problem and not everyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,401 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

maybe its mentioned already but the term 'simples' at the end of an explanation is still used. drives me nuts.

also sticking on 'you're welcome' at the end. like when you ask a question and someone comes back with a glaringly obvious bit of advice that clearly you had not considered. and usually its crap advice. for example...

me: does anyone know where i can get a few pairs of jeans fixed in town...got some holes in them

internet person: go to Dunnes and buy a sewing kit for a 2 euros. do it yourself. you're welcome.

Simples got four other complaints. Just type the word Simples into the Search This Thread box. Easy.

I have just thought of a brand new one that I'm sure will become part of our great community lexicon.

This thread fails the craic test.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Jesus. Christ. Nothing more irritating than when that saying was popular on here, so inane.

You could say it boiled my piss, blast it with piss etc etc.

From mods: "This is not After Hours"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

FACT, appended to a post makes any unsubstantiated opinion indisputably true. FACT.

javaboy wrote: »
    From mods: "This is not After Hours"
    Have I gone back to 2008? Where are Terry and Karoma? And the good Doctor Testicle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

"No ones forcing you to watch it" or "if you don't like it change the channel" on thread discussions about TV shows, films etc.

Simples is number 1

It's like a moron who thinks he's talking to morons but doesn't realise he's one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,401 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Moron, idiot, imbecile, cretin, mouth breather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

filler episode, especially on less the 12 ep shows

"No ones forcing you to watch it" or "if you don't like it change the channel" on thread discussions about TV shows, films etc.
    "Um... so what TV scripts have you written yourself?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

This is my last post on the subject......

blah

blah

OK, that's me out

I know I said I was finished but can I just say that my last tantrum didnt have the desired effect, I was still lurking and finally got pissed off enough that nobody listened to me the first time to post again Poster 1, 2 and 3 you are still wrong about everything you are posting about. Ok now Im off to enjoy the sunshine because I actually have a life, and I suggest you all do the same
    I don't have a life

• Advertisement

Lurleen wrote: »
    Have I gone back to 2008? Where are Terry and Karoma? And the good Doctor Testicle?

Don’t know what you’re talking about. I just found this account underneath a sofa cushion and started using it.

On topic: assuming people must’ve died or had some catastrophic falling out and re-regged if they stop posting on Boards.

Yeh, it's generally not a helpful answer. Its clearly some kind of snark, hence the sneering "You're welcome".

I also hate

"I'll wait"

It is used by someone who thinks he has an unanswerable question. Generally the question is wrong as in

"So you think the Moon isn't made of cheese then? Do you have sources for that..

I'll wait"

The implication is that he will be waiting a long time. I tend to answer by saying "Of course you re going to wait. Why would somebody get back to you immediately"

Anybody using that phrase is generally a twat.

Thats reasonable if someone continues to watch something they hate, to contribute to a thread about that program.

That said the radio forums would close down if people didn't post about what they hate. And the LLS thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭CarProblem

so many, most already mentioned, and I'm probably forgetting loads

- quotes a post with one word reply "This"
    - "there I said it". Usually after posting something in now way controversial
    - Post a link with "I'm just gonna leave this here"
    - "wow....just.....wow"
    - post a reply with a sarcastic "you're welcome", often with "you're" misspelled
    - That's how we ended up with Trump
    - random one but really, really annoys me (probably says more about me tbh!). People posting Amazon bargains where the price is lower in Ireland as UK VAT is removed with Irish VAT only added if the amount is > €22. "Oh look, this is reduced. £12 on the website but £10 for us".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

RCC = Catholic church - usually said by some embittered auld dhrip whose arse is still sore after all those years

AGS - De Guards, said by some smarmy git trying to sound official

DRLs - Strip of LED lights on posh cars. Oft said by the kind of eejit who gets involved in a heated debate about fog lights and fast lanes

ICE - Ordinary car engine. Said by some dope who doesn't realise the battery in a car is really just for turning the starter

"Per corner" - when talking about buying tyres they're known as "corners" instead of "tyres" :confused:

WRC - Train line going through tuam and some other places - Said by a member of the Irish Bus & Greenway appreciation society

• Advertisement
Advertisement