Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Deryk

A valid sales pitch re you (hopefully) being delighted with it, telling your neighbour and then reminding them that "there's only X slots left - ring soon!"

Installer arriving here tomorrow, so hopefully the above will be ME! :)

Let us know how you get on! I'm hopeful you'll be online as good as me! Highest speed test was 94!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Deryk wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on! I'm hopeful you'll be online as good as me! Highest speed test was 94!

Not sure if I already asked this so apologies if I did. What model router did they install - the white gemtek or black greenpacket?

irishchris wrote: »
    Not sure if I already asked this so apologies if I did. What model router did they install - the white gemtek or black greenpacket?

Mine is black, can't see greenpack written anywhere though! It's soooo tiny it's in the corner of my living room and I have a good size house, 6 bedrooms, laundry room, garage, and I get almost full reception at the farthest place, I'm really impressed.. Even out and about in the garden.. I wouldn't say it's even the length of my iPhone ( 6splus)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

@Deryk, upload your pictures to imgur and post the album like this http :/www. imgur. Com

@Deryk, upload your pictures to imgur and post the album like this http :/www. imgur. Com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭df_h

Does anybody know what the max length from the aerial to the box is? Could teh aerial be placed on a pole on the transmitter side of trees and the signal cabled from there to the box at the house?. What would the max length be in this case?.

Secondly, is the phone point at the modem or can it be run to other parts of the house?

30meters I read somewhere on greenpacket site

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

df_h wrote: »
    30meters I read somewhere on greenpacket site

It says that on green packet website but depends on installer. First would only go few meters as said couldn't go far with it.

@deryk looks like you have the green packet router so and not gemtek.. Impressive results, keep us updated how it keeps performing and enjoy your new broadband experience!

My installation has been delayed!

Wing126 wrote: »
    My installation has been delayed!

Nooooooo!! What happened ?

Dunno. Asked the care rep on facebook and he said it was delayed and to call them for more information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Well a mast is going live in my area next month so thats good news!

Just a few questions for anyone that has it, Being a gamer and doing alot of networking what is the average ping you guys get? (Peak times and Off-Peak) and would I be better off getting a new router (Asus / Netgear) instead of using the default provided one?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

When people mention areas, could they be more specific and state WHAT area are they talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Just a few questions for anyone that has it, Being a gamer and doing alot of networking what is the average ping you guys get? (Peak times and Off-Peak) and would I be better off getting a new router (Asus / Netgear) instead of using the default provided one?

Pings to speed test pretty much averages at 25, ping to my main game's servers (Amsterdam) around 45 to 80, don't notice any difference peak/off-peak.
    I would first see how you get on with the supplied router and if you find you need better functionality then you can still get a better one. I am using the ASUS RT-N66U (which I already had), mainly because of its better wireless and NAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

Out of luck - too many trees in the line of sight, even with a massive test pole added to the chimney :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gally

I have no view of the mast though it is only 1400 metres away.Two rows of very thickly leaved trees 30 metres from the house in line with the mast.I get between 35 and 60ish speeds ,lowest from teatime on.I used to have less than a meg down so this is brilliant.Mast is Mylane Cork. I would say you will be fine!

Out of luck - too many trees in the line of sight, even with a massive test pole added to the chimney :(

Aww mate, I'm well sorry!

Aww mate, I'm well sorry!

Not as much as I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

This what I am afraid of, but won't get tested till end of August ( kilcullen mast)but at least I won't be surprised and elated if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

How far are you to the mast?

How far are you to the mast?

Approx 13km as the crow flies.

• Advertisement

Not as much as I am!

I can only imagine! 😕

Approx 13km as the crow flies.

Keep the faith I'm 17 kmtrees around my property, smallest gap between trees, it's not pointed that way, and it's topping out at 94, so you never know!!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Dero

This what I am afraid of, but won't get tested till end of August ( kilcullen mast)but at least I won't be surprised and elated if it works

Same as myself. I have one big tree potentially in the way. I can see the mast through a gap in the branches, but as was alluded to earlier in the thread, it may not be enough...

How far are you from the mast, and in which direction? I'm 5km due east of the mast, over near Suncroft.

I currently have a 5.8Ghz connection to a mast 13km away (Ripplecom) which has become more and more blocked by trees over the last ten yers, but it still works, and bad as Ripplecom are, the actual connection to the AP always seems solid.

Keep the faith I'm 17 kmtrees around my property, smallest gap between trees, it's not pointed that way, and it's topping out at 94, so you never know!!

So is the mast behind the trees? How dense are they, and is the antenna actually pointing through them?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Pious14

Got installed today. Getting speeds of 30-40mb from wireless on my iPhone which I'm delighted with. So far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

anyone have a picture of the box they install . how big is it ? does it look crap on the house ?

Does anybody know if Imagine use PPPoE for allocation of public IPs, or it is NAT with multiple customers sharing a public IP?

I plan on getting a static address anyway, so it's more or less moot, but the network geek in me is just curious.

presuming I actually get connected of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

anyone have a picture of the box they install . how big is it ? does it look crap on the house ?
    irishchris posted a few pictures of two types of antennas and routers they use a few pages back:

The following is the one they install paired with the Greenpacket wn-600 router:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100204149&postcount=679

After he had problems the original installation, they replaced it with this antenna paired with a Gemtek wvrtr 126gn router:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100332152&postcount=1006

Dero wrote: »
    So is the mast behind the trees? How dense are they, and is the antenna actually pointing through them?

They are quite dense I can see through them, and they are taller then the house, it's a bungalow, and the antenna is on the chimney,, it's pointed at the house next door! Once boards lets me post pics I will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

They are quite dense I can see through them, and they are taller then the house, it's a bungalow, and the antenna is on the chimney,, it's pointed at the house next door! Once boards lets me post pics I will

Post the picture on this site, https://imgur.com/ then post the link here.

Advertisement