Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Phone them and ask.

Would be easier if you just managed your money better, its not much really.

Lol thanks for the helpful advice. Out on illness for last year so it is a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Just had my first few games of ps4 online in a good few months and had no issues :)

With previous Internet setup I couldn't play properly with very bad connection and speed dropping constantly

No issues so far and no complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

irishchris wrote: »
    Lol thanks for the helpful advice. Out on illness for last year so it is a lot
    I say imagine would let you given your paying by direct debt best to ring there customer service and see if they can give you alternative why of paying instalment.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ISPs are moving to all DD as its a strong indicator of a subscriber who won't fail to pay/require chasing which costs them significantly.

Not to sound cold/mean to you Chris but on a large scale thats what the numbers say.

It seems they have an automated phone service where you can make payments on 1890 929 395. I have tried making small payment there to see if it is reflected on my new bill and if so can use this to make weekly advance payments.. I have no probs with the direct debit but would just like to have credit built up on account as much as possible to reduce the overall DD in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Deryk

Well they called me today.. And they are coming to install tomorrow.. Fingers crossed it will all work out.. ðŸ‘ðŸ½ðŸ‘Œ

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Deryk wrote: »
    Well they called me today.. And they are coming to install tomorrow.. Fingers crossed it will all work out.. ðŸ‘ðŸ½ðŸ‘Œ

Where abouts are you and have you any big trees around you

hopefully it will all be fine for you. do you have los of mast and what part ireland you in. mine was pretty dreadful but imagine kept at it until got sorted.
    Let us know tomorrow how the install goes

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

I signed up last week. I'm in Kilkenny. The mast is coming online in September. At the moment I'm with permanet which is frustrating as fúck. Some days you get speeds of 16-17mb which is fine. Then you get two weeks of barely tipping 1.5mb. Looking forward to some consistency. I'm only 2km from the mast with a clear line of sight so should be OK.

hopefully it will all be fine for you. do you have los of mast and what part ireland you in. mine was pretty dreadful but imagine kept at it until got sorted.

I'm in Urlanmore new market on fergus, was told my mast wasn't live till August , called today and are coming tomorrow.. I'm connecting to the Ben Dash mast.. It's 11 miles away so who knows.. This thread hasn't exactly instilled confidence in me, I just hope I get Atleast 30 for the install... 1.5 meg on eir is driving me nuts,

• Advertisement

Where abouts are you and have you any big trees around you

I have some trees, and I do have line of site, but according to them that doesn't seem to matter, I'm pretty sure it's not going to work out..they also said they would put it high on a pole and if need be a higher Pole on the chimney ... Il update tomorrow,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have some trees, and I do have line of site, but according to them that doesn't seem to matter, I'm pretty sure it's not going to work out..they also said they would put it high on a pole and if need be a higher Pole on the chimney ... Il update tomorrow,

You should be ok as for the most part it is estuary between you and the mast ..... barring local trees that might interfere.

You should be ok as for the most part it is estuary between you and the mast ..... barring local trees that might interfere.

That's the only part that's giving me faith!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Ugh, over-water links. Keep an eye out for throughput varying with the tide...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Hi All,

My Imagine (LTE Service)Router seems to have reset to a factory setting.
    Wired Internet connection OK.
    WiFi down, previous network name not there replaced with the default on the bottom of the router.
    New WiFi is password protected, old password does not work.
    Phone no longer works.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

oscarBravo wrote: »

Removed smart assed comment, that was not worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Login to the greenpack modem and check the current PSK. See the lte thread for login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Has anyone with LTE imagine got Sky Q , am wondering does the WIFI work ok

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is it really an issue from a mountain top to a user at sea level over 10/15km?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

marno21 wrote: »
    Is it really an issue from a mountain top to a user at sea level over 10/15km?
    Yup, if the user has a clear view of the sea. Multipath fading over water is a friggin nightmare.

• Advertisement

Yup, if the user has a clear view of the sea. Multipath fading over water is a friggin nightmare.

My most humble apologies. I did not realise this is a thing. My previous post shall be shot at dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Yeah but did you not insist they install it inside the conservatory and then after a few days you were unhappy with the level of service, you decided that inside the building was not a good idea. So you phoned CS and pretended that you were out at work and that it was your wife who had asked for it to be installed inside. So they then came back and put it outside for you?

If accurate then it seems like they went right out of their way and you're lucky you never got charged extra for wasting their time, making up stories about your wife and charged for another installer visit.

The internet is not quite as anonymous as you may think.

Yeah but did you not insist they install it inside the conservatory and then after a few days you were unhappy with the level of service, you decided that inside the building was not a good idea. So you phoned CS and pretended that you were out at work and that it was your wife who had asked for it to be installed inside. So they then came back and put it outside for you?

If accurate then it seems like they went right out of their way and you're lucky you never got charged extra for wasting their time, making up stories about your wife and charged for another installer visit.

This was his first installation and it does not look like it's inside a conservatory.

He did want them to route the cable to somewhere different in his house than where they put it. I think they did this subsequently when they were out troubleshooting his speed problems.

I don't think it's fair to say that he was wasting their time though.

You seem to have serious chip on your shoulder there mate or are just agressive in nature?
    Anyway as another poster pointed out I requested it to be put upstairs where all my cat 5 cables were routed to from all the rooms when I built this house. However they would not and said it could not be ran as wouldn't work with that length of cable so was placed in conservatory even though I pointed out I was not happy with this as was useless to me there. rang and complained that was not happy with this and customer support were excellent and agreed and same (terror ) installer came a second time and cable was placed to upstairs so that original excuse that it wouldn't work that distance was not true.
    However they still did an inadequate job of getting strongest signal and a different professional installer came and spent few hours placing antenna on chimney getting an excellent signal and also providing new equipment. Also this original installer told me he couldn't go on roof even though another had no problem doing so even though it was raining.
    All in all delighted now with service. And would advise anyone here who is not happy with their service/install to contact imagine as their customer support really is excellent.

imagine have just arrived... They failed my neighbours down the road but I don't know exactly where that is... Ladder has just gone up - I'm assuming to see if there's any signal...

imagine have just arrived... They failed my neighbours down the road but I don't know exactly where that is... Ladder has just gone up - I'm assuming to see if there's any signal...
    Fingers crossed for you that they get a good signal.. Thankfully you have an installer happy to go on roof so should get strongest signal from there. Here is hoping you are going to post 70+mb/s speedtest shortly!

And they are installing!! Wow! Not sure if the speed yet will post as soon as they leave / I get more information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Fingers crossed - hope for nice speeds :) Exciting times ...

Just asked and the guy says I'm getting 90! Will have to do a speed test but so far so good !

• Advertisement

jayo99 wrote: »
    Anyone here have Imagine LTE using a CS box?
    Don't ask me to explain what a CS box is as I don't want to get banned :)
    Customer service box?

Advertisement