Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

ya little lying pup yeah. i drove all the way down there only for you to tell me snow from Mayo wasn't good enough for ye:mad:

It wasn't yellow enough for him. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

not quite snow, but heavy sleety stuff in athlone for the last 30 minutes. no sticking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

darkman2 wrote: »
    Told me what:confused:

That snow tonight was no foregone conclusion for many. Most reports seem to be around the 100 m mark and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Nuser

Rain? A bit surprising given your location which I would have thought was one of the perfect locations tonight. A small mild sector passed over the South of the country this evening but is clearing away now for colder air to take it's place. Most of the showers from now on away from Atlantic coasts should really be of snow.

Hey,

Aye it's drizzling away here, just had a smoke outside and it's miserable. Anyway, I'll keep ye posted should anything interesting happen!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Su Campu wrote: »
    That snow tonight was no foregone conclusion for many. Most reports seem to be around the 100 m mark and up.

No, firstly I always said away from immediate Atlantic coasts. Inland there has been snow in quite a number of places so far tonight and we have had reports from places near or at sea level. The night is still young. The forecast I made seems more or less on track IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

iRooter wrote: »
    Any chance of snow in Leitrim ?

I'm about 3/4 mile from leitrim border so there is snow in leitrim, just not where you are mabey :P I would say there will be a nice covering on Sliabh an Iarinn by morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jpdaboy

none in athboy but some in kells

Nuser wrote: »
    Hey,

Aye it's drizzling away

Drizzle or snizzle? (light snow that has the characteristics of drizzle);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

iRooter wrote: »
    Mohill, Co.Leitrim, 82m asl :) Thanks :)
    You are quite a distance inland so you will have to be in the firing line of the heavier showers moving SSE. I would imagine temps there are about 1.5c or so. On that basis, any showers that reach you should fall as snow overnight but more likely sleet through Monday.

Keep an eye on this

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Nuser

Drizzle or snizzle? (light snow that has the characteristics of drizzle);)

Drizzle, fo shizzle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Any in Dundalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Surfvivor

Nothing on the East coast of Meath yet but a solid freeze in the last hour immediately after rainfall, skys pretty damn clear.

http://yfrog.com/hwme2qbj

There was snow said to be heading towards Meath, is this true?

No, it's just an albino from Cavan jogging on the N3.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Wind has picked up here in the last hour or so. The showers so far are still a mix of sleet and snow, so it would seem being 80 metres above sea level is below the snowline in this current setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 iRooter

I'm about 3/4 mile from leitrim border so there is snow in leitrim, just not where you are mabey :P I would say there will be a nice covering on Sliabh an Iarinn by morning.

Can see sliabh an iarann out the back window of house , was a nice sheet of snow on it this morning , hopefully it will shift and land on top of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

just hail here so far. too low for show me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

snow ghost wrote: »
    It wasn't yellow enough for him. :eek:

On the contrary, we only except the purest of snows in Galway. The sludge Nacho brought down was not up to standards at all.

James__10 wrote: »
    Any in Dundalk?

Some rogue flakes may make their way to you, James, but nothing more than that. Those showers have to travel a long way to get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

On the contrary, we only except the purest of snows in Galway. The sludge Nacho brought down was not up to standards at all.

That was only after you put the hose on it. You could not stand the thought of us Mayo people giving proper snow to the lesser people of Tuam. It's well known ye are a begrudging lot down there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jpdaboy

none in athboy but some in kells

• Advertisement

Plenty more showers on their way overnight. The heaviest of these will be in Mayo, Donegal, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry and Antrim.

http://www.sat24.com/gb

That was only after you put the hose on it. You could not stand the thought of us Mayo people giving proper snow to the lesser people of Tuam. It's well known ye are a begrudging lot down there :P

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,063 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Recent Snow in Belmullet on the 0000 Reports with a Gust of 49Kts.Nice!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

There was snow said to be heading towards Meath, is this true?

not really, the snow showers are dying before they reach meath or over north meath. Parts of north Meath may get a few light flakes, Northwesterlies are useless for the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

Had some light rain in the last half hour in cork, not far from the airport. Bland and miserable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Gonzo wrote: »
    not really, the snow showers are dying before they reach meath or over north meath. Parts of north Meath may get a few light flakes, Northwesterlies are useless for the east.

we are north of slane and we got a decent covering earlier around 8-8.30, nothing since.

Someone asked about Dundalk? Should be a fall of snow imminently there.

It's very squally here with lots of hail - it sounds like hundreds of crows pecking at my window, I'm almost scared to open the curtain incase its crowmageddon out there. :eek:

Some lightning strikes being picked up in Co. Donegal in the last 15 mins (north of Donegal Town approx)

183865.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

A nice inch or so here in Glasgow inside an hour tonight, more snow to come overnight according to raintoday...bring it on!!

1003619g.jpg

1003623z.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement