Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SNOW REPORTS ONLY - December 4 - 6th.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

I've scanned the mountains for glimmers of white,
    I've noted all hailstone showers, heavy and light,
    Searched the sky for any sign,
    that snowfall could be claimed as mine.
    Heard reports of snow in places
    Is it optimism in some cases?
    All I know that in my wee location
    waiting for snow seems to be a patient occupation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭pauldry

No snow in Sligo town yet just heavy hail showers.

think the sea effect is preventing it on the coast but inland is getting more wintry precip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,891 ✭✭✭pauldry

Temperature has been hovering between 1.7c and 4.4c in Sligo.

Goes up a tad when the shower hits and drops back down in the immediate aftermath.

Icy roads tomorrow morning for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

De-icing some planes in Dublin airport this evening but no snow......actually hang on.....No sorry, it was just a bird relieving itself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

Getting some sleety wet snow in Belfast at the minute. Too wet for it to lie.
    It doesn't even feel that cold although my big son had to defrost his car earlier.

Update: just looked out and its falling heavier and starting to lie :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I'd love another white Christmas. Let's all prey for it!!!!
    I know we get our fair share on the east coast bug I do hope that continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Snow at Belfast Aldergrove Airport (81 m), visibility down to 1,000 m.

EGAA 042320Z 26009KT 1000 R25/0900 R07/1000 SN SCT002 BKN005 BKN009 00/M00 Q1000=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

mojopolo wrote: »
    Getting some sleety wet snow in Belfast at the minute. Too wet for it to lie.
    It doesn't even feel that cold although my big son had to defrost his car earlier.

Update: just looked out and its falling heavier and starting to lie :)

And how was your little sons car?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Nuser

Hey all,

Snowing nicely in Omagh here for anyone interested. Been going for around 10 minutes. Had a wee bit earlier on around 1pm too but it didn't stick. Chatting to a mate who lives about 10 minutes away (up the Sperrins) and he's saying they got a fair bit today already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jpdaboy

hoping for snow in athboy but no sign yet some in kells but we dont care about them:pac::pac::pac::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Drove Cork-Dublin earlier. Snow on the Galtees (approx 500m asl and up) but none on Knockmealdowns or Comeraghs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

eskimocat wrote: »
    I think that Nacho is hogging all the lovely snow for himself... well its not fair Nacho, you must share with the rest of the group... remember Santa is coming in a few weeks time and you don't want to end up on his naughty list, now do you? Come on.....SHARE!!!

:D
    :D
    Very well then. I'll buy you this for Christmas:
    New-Generation-Snow-Machine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sferic picked up in the last 10mins in W Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

Nuser wrote: »
    Hey all,

Snowing nicely in Omagh here for anyone interested. Been going for around 10 minutes. Had a wee bit earlier on around 1pm too but it didn't stick. Chatting to a mate who lives about 10 minutes away (up the Sperrins) and he's saying they got a fair bit today already.
    hey, why dont you join our forum on netweather, much better than this and mostly people from the north.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

jarvis wrote: »
    And how was your little sons car?

Don't be silly - little son is not old enough to drive :rolleyes:
    (15 year age gap)

Snow update - everything is now white and still snowing quite heavily.

hey, why dont you join our forum on netweather, much better than this and mostly people from the north.

Then feck off back to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Then feck off back to it then.

You tell him!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Nuser

Hey,

Thanks for the invite but I'm ok. Not really a weather nut (heavy snow aside!) but just thought I'd drop a message here for those who are interested.

Anyway, snow stopped and miserable rain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Very well then. I'll buy you this for Christmas:
    New-Generation-Snow-Machine.jpg

YEEEEHAAAAA Snow party on the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!Everyone welcome... bring your own carrots and scarves for the snowmen :D:D:D:D

No pressure Nacho but now EVERYONE is depending on you to get me that pressie for Christmas........

oh just had a thought.... Is that you Santa?.....

gulp... right gotta go.... ahem... be a good girl and get to sleep...Nite all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 iRooter

Any chance of snow in Leitrim ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thin covering of snow/hail in east Donegal at 100m plus. Clearing sky's and temp dropping.

eskimocat wrote: »
    YEEEEHAAAAA Snow party on the 25th!!!!!!!!!!!Everyone welcome... bring your own carrots and scarves for the snowmen :D:D:D:D

No pressure Nacho but now EVERYONE is depending on you to get me that pressie for Christmas........

oh just had a thought.... Is that you Santa?.....

gulp... right gotta go.... ahem... be a good girl and get to sleep...Nite all ;)

Don't be fooled. Nacho promised me a few turf bags of snow a couple of years back and I still waiting for them. When it comes to snow, Nacho is a truly selfish boyo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jpdaboy

night all
    no snow yet int the mid east but will have an update in the morning
    merryChristmas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Nuser wrote: »

Anyway, snow stopped and miserable rain again.

Rain? A bit surprising given your location which I would have thought was one of the perfect locations tonight. A small mild sector passed over the South of the country this evening but is clearing away now for colder air to take it's place. Most of the showers from now on away from Atlantic coasts should really be of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

darkman2 wrote: »
    Rain? A bit surprising given your location which I would have thought was one of the perfect locations tonight. A small mild sector passed over the South of the country this evening but is clearing away now for colder air to take it's place. Most of the showers from now on away from Atlantic coasts should really be of snow.

Told ya!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Su Campu wrote: »
    Told ya!! :D

Told me what:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

iRooter wrote: »
    Any chance of snow in Leitrim ?

Depends on your altitude and distance from the sea, iRooter. Parts of Leitrim should see snow showers tonight but there will not be much accumulation nor will it survive for long after daylight breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Don't be fooled. Nacho promised me a few turf bags of snow a couple of years back and I still waiting for them. When it comes to snow, Nacho is a truly selfish boyo.

ya little lying pup yeah. i drove all the way down there only for you to tell me snow from Mayo wasn't good enough for ye:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Forum Monkey

There was snow said to be heading towards Meath, is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 iRooter

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Depends on your altitude and distance from the sea, iRooter. Parts of Leitrim should see snow showers tonight but there will not be much accumulation nor will it survive for long after daylight breaks.

Mohill, Co.Leitrim, 82m asl :) Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement