Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Sagan Thread

• 27-03-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭

I want to make life convenient for myself, so I can get all my man-loving in one place. No spoilers please!
    Peter%2BSagan%252C%2BDaniel%2BOss%2Band%2BElia%2BViviani%2Bbake%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bsauna%2BPhotos%2B%257C%2BCyclingnews.com.jpg
    buffalo wrote: »
    petersagangentwevelgem.jpg
    AstraMonti wrote: »
    skidsagan.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Cancellara saying he is disrespecting other riders by his showboat celebrations crossing the line. I totally disagree. There aren't enough riders doing that sort of thing. Nothing screams classey ba$tard like a wheeley finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

They're not smoking in the first picture so they mustn't have made man-love yet.

Cancellara must have forgotten about kissing the little bear pendant to the motorbike camera towards the end of his superhuman Roubaix win.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Peter_Sagan_2480291b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

iregk wrote: »
    Cancellara saying he is disrespecting other riders by his showboat celebrations crossing the line. I totally disagree. There aren't enough riders doing that sort of thing. Nothing screams classey ba$tard like a wheeley finish.

Agree. What he's doing is ENTERTAINMENT. Which is badly needed in the sport. The more characters the better - God knows there's enough dry sh**es in the peloton.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

0603_54ae.jpeg

• Advertisement

Sagan_2264042b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

e082f6f49ef64f12140f6a7067004e10.jpg

bettiniphoto_0092565_1_full_600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

^^

peter-sagan-o.gif

3895346_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,137 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

peter-sagan.jpg

• Advertisement

tumblr_m455it1dOw1r8tbnwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6iksdqYXm1qccsrmo1_250.gif

3104604829_1_33_8me22JG6.gif

tumblr_m6ss4zRm0u1r8tbnwo1_400.gif

3105003605_1_15_zxKZY0Yf.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

I sort of understand where Cancellara is coming from, I personally dislike showboating in sport, but at the same time, I don't think that's really what Sagan is doing. It's just slightly more flamboyant a celebration than throwing your arms in the air as most do when they have a chance. At least we don't have to put up with the whole pointing to the heavens crap or repeated laps with a flag so many countries seem to enjoy.

Cancellara was kissing an angel that his daughter gave him AFAIK, not really showboating to be fair.

Fresh stuff lol

388458_10151518741864885_351151502_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a pro eating chocolate, thats more fooked up than the forest gump impersonation :D

as for being disrespectful gtfo, there all just jealous of him :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

AstraMonti wrote: »
    Fresh stuff lol

388458_10151518741864885_351151502_n.jpg

^^ I'm convinced that what my Peace & Harmony Chinese Tattoo really says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

tumblr_m6m25jsl121r6ja2oo1_500.jpg

edt5ie9khyo0dqmzg0s0.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

iregk wrote: »
    Nothing screams classey ba$tard like a wheeley finish.

There's one thing missing in this thread. More....

Peter_Sagan_Signing_Boobs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Getting kind of sick of Cancellara at this stage. Telling the peloton to slow down beacuse he thinks it should, criticising celebrations of others... come on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Basster wrote: »
    Getting kind of sick of Cancellara at this stage. Telling the peloton to slow down beacuse he thinks it should, criticising celebrations of others... come on.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Sagan, but I much prefer him to a so-called Patron

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

kermit.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

^^ It's not easy being green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Peter Sagan the early years

247002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

He is 23 years old, he could be out on the piss every weekend hah! Leave him have his fun while he can, seeing him win the stages in last years TDF was like a breath of fresh air. May his celebrations be more outlandish this year i say, fcuk em all, Sagan ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

MOD VOICE: Just don't, one and only warning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

MOD VOICE: Report posts please, commenting is akin to backseat modding, quoted post deleted

Obligatory pic:

peter-sagan-tour-de-france-stage7-1024x682.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

MOD VOICE: Quoted post deleted

too late ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not a Sagan fan, so:

ciolek-milan-san-remo-2013.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

First one is on the Angliru.

sagan-wheelie-angliru.png?w=500

tumblr_mgl4fiffxx1r2jq3ao1_500.jpg

tumblr_mh4p6hyzCn1rbdbmpo1_1280.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Raam wrote: »
    First one is on the Angliru.

sagan-wheelie-angliru.png?w=500

Looks like he's near the top of the Angliru too :eek: Though the front wheel has a tendency to lift when climbs get super steep. Reminds me of climbing Mamore gap :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

I think he is fantastic. Type of personality you could build a sport around, natural showman, ferocious will to win and Strad Di bianci and the fact he wins all year round shows he's a good pro with a proper work ethic. Also he explained his mates picked his tdf celebrations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

drogdub wrote: »
    I think he is fantastic. Type of personality you could build a sport around, natural showman, ferocious will to win and Strad Di bianci and the fact he wins all year round shows he's a good pro with a proper work ethic. Also he explained his mates picked his tdf celebrations

I don't think you could build a sport around him, he's a bit like marmite, 50/50 either you love him or hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Sagan is a fantastic cyclist and a fun young man....with hopefully great career in front of him
    However I hope he doesn't win everything as that would be too predicable
    Like in MSR I think he won't win tomorrow at Tour of Flanders

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

MOD VOICE: The nest post I have to delete with off topic insinuations gets a straight red card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Sorry mod, wasn't suggesting amything, more thinking aloud !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I love him.
    He is the best all round cyclist since perhaps the likes of Kelly. May never win a GT but he can win everything else.
    Beautiful cyclist, raw power and aggression with a huge sense of fun.
    He is a young man on the way up. Why shouldnt he enjoy himself.
    Modern sport is way too full of cardboard characters.

I hope the trajectory keep going.
    He has a lot to learn, but he is capable of learning I think. Frank VDB or the likes he is not.

i like him because he actually seems to be having fun while on his bike, im mad right :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,515 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Spoiler rules applied and a load of posts deleted

If you wish to refer to today's race do so in the correct thread

No more warnings

:confused: isnt this the sagan thread?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,515 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

:confused: isnt this the sagan thread?
    Yes, but check the Forum rules (and separate "Seasonal reminder" sticky) for spoiler rules. If you wish to discuss anything pertaining to today's race, use spoiler tags or the relevant race thread

Any questions, PM me - don't discuss modding issues in-thread

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

This is a great photo but it's a spoiler so don't look until you know today's result.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

furiousox wrote: »
    This is a great photo but it's a spoiler so don't look until you know today's result.

Hmmmm, don't know if it's great. He looks a bit weird and rapey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

She never flinched, would be a great cure after the cobbles!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

happytramp wrote: »
    Hmmmm, don't know if it's great. He looks a bit weird and rapey.

I completely agree. It was a stupid and offensive thing to do, particularly for a professional who has become a leading light for the sport. It's just a shame there isn't a subsequent photo of the woman punching Sagan on the snot, but instead she showed some professionalism by ignoring him. She comes out it looking well, in the circumstances, Sagan comes out of looking like an idiot.

It'll be interesting to see what his team does in response, if anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

"Rapey"??
    That's a bit extreme imo.
    I think he's hamming it up for the camera and that's it.
    Maybe showing his immaturity but I wouldn't get too upset about it.

EDIT: He's since apologised

Peter Sagan ‏@petosagan
    Was not my intention to disrespect women today on the podium. Just a joke, sorry if someone was disturbed about it.

CPL 593H

I think he's hamming it up for the camera and that's it.
    Maybe showing his immaturity but I wouldn't get too upset about it.

I find it no less offensive that he may be "hamming it up" (to the woman who was felt up I imagine his motivations don't make it feel any less demeaning), though I do agree that it may reflect his immaturity. How he responds to the public reaction to it will perhaps give an insight into his true character - if he is an arse he'll just ignore the complaints and not care, if this was an uncharacteristic "goof" then presumably he'll acknowledge his stupidity and apologise publicly to the woman concerned.

Well, he did sign a girl's boobs on camera too. Did you all think he was a saint?

Well, he did sign a girl's boobs on camera too. Did you all think he was a saint?

If a women volunteers her boobs for him to sign then regardless of how silly I might consider it to be it's entirely her choice. Pinching the arse of a woman just because you feel like it is entirely different.

doozerie wrote: »
    If a women volunteers her boobs for him to sign then regardless of how silly I might consider it to be it's entirely her choice. Pinching the arse of a woman just because you feel like it is entirely different.

Well I'd have called it six of one, half dozen of the other. I think Sagan dives in first and she's cool with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Well I'd have called it six of one, half dozen of the other. I think Sagan dives in first and she's cool with it.

I'd let him sign my moob.

• Advertisement
Advertisement