Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-08-2017, 22:14   #46
nee
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,083
Do you have a link for that jersey on your wife Alek?
Would she be a size 8 or smaller in normal clothes?
Looks like a nice jersey
nee is offline  
Advertisement
08-09-2017, 11:46   #47
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown90 View Post
Should have posted this in my other post but couldn't find the link.

Raincoat - rockbrosbike Store - 11.29 euro

http://s.aliexpress.com/RZJjuM73

Got this to have in my jersey pocket for the typical Irish summers day. Nice and small when packed up and fits in nice on your back. Have used it for an adventure race running and cycling sections and it does nicely to keep the rain off while not boiling you.

Again I went for a Medium and fits snug over the jersey.
Is it anyway breathable? It looks like old-granny-plastic-mac kind of material.
AndrewJRenko is offline  
08-09-2017, 15:50   #48
1bryan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 682
just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
1bryan is offline  
08-09-2017, 18:05   #49
iwillhtfu
Registered User
 
iwillhtfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣
iwillhtfu is offline  
Thanks from:
08-09-2017, 18:17   #50
Cee-Jay-Cee
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Donegal
Posts: 9,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.
Cee-Jay-Cee is online now  
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-09-2017, 08:29   #51
1bryan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.
ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.

nice try, all the same
1bryan is offline  
09-09-2017, 08:30   #52
1bryan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillhtfu View Post
You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣
that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH
1bryan is offline  
09-09-2017, 08:32   #53
Fighting Tao
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.
Fighting Tao is offline  
09-09-2017, 08:39   #54
1bryan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Tao View Post
If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.
again, nope, there's nothing in my browser cache other than reams and reams of stackoverflow searches and an occasional visit to the guardian or boards.ie (unless you're suggesting one of those may be responsible?).

It's a canned image containing what I described (rather than a collection of individual images). If Image contains cycling-related stuff show to person who previously bought cycling stuff, type thing.
1bryan is offline  
Advertisement
09-09-2017, 10:16   #55
AndrewJRenko
Registered User
 
AndrewJRenko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.
They are very, very smart - that's why they have basically taken over the Internet.
AndrewJRenko is offline  
(2) thanks from:
09-09-2017, 10:45   #56
Kaisr Sose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.

nice try, all the same
I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.
Kaisr Sose is offline  
Thanks from:
09-09-2017, 12:15   #57
Fighting Tao
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisr Sose View Post
I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.
Totally agree with this. It is GE way google ads operate.
Fighting Tao is offline  
09-09-2017, 17:20   #58
iwillhtfu
Registered User
 
iwillhtfu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH
You're welcome
iwillhtfu is offline  
09-09-2017, 17:24   #59
Weepsie
Moderator
 
Weepsie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.

nice try, all the same
Google ads are that smart. I got ads for plug sockets with inbuilt usb ports an hour after having a conversation about a redesign of our building and they were specifically talked about.

Changed my mic settings after
Weepsie is online now  
Thanks from:
09-09-2017, 17:30   #60
gordongekko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right)
What a time to be alive
gordongekko is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet