Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-08-2017, 22:14   #46
nee

Do you have a link for that jersey on your wife Alek?
Would she be a size 8 or smaller in normal clothes?
Looks like a nice jersey
Advertisement
08-09-2017, 11:46   #47
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtown90 View Post
Should have posted this in my other post but couldn't find the link.

Raincoat - rockbrosbike Store - 11.29 euro

http://s.aliexpress.com/RZJjuM73

Got this to have in my jersey pocket for the typical Irish summers day. Nice and small when packed up and fits in nice on your back. Have used it for an adventure race running and cycling sections and it does nicely to keep the rain off while not boiling you.

Again I went for a Medium and fits snug over the jersey.
Is it anyway breathable? It looks like old-granny-plastic-mac kind of material.
08-09-2017, 15:50   #48
1bryan

just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
08-09-2017, 18:05   #49
iwillhtfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bryan View Post
just a word of warning. Not about the gear, or even the site itself, per se, but I've noticed some very 'dodgy' sponsored AliExpress ads after visiting this site. Most are for cycling gear, some are for electronic items, but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right). And, since I visited the site on my work computer, it doesn't look the best when they appear with my boss looking over my shoulder.

(and no, I never went looking for ladies made out of latex on the AliExpress (or any other) site)
You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣
Thanks from:
08-09-2017, 18:17   #50
Cee-Jay-Cee

Quote:

I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
09-09-2017, 08:29   #51
1bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cee-Jay-Cee View Post
I check out AliExpress regularly and have never seen any ad which could be described in the slightest as dubious or dodgy.

It must be something to do with 'stuff' already cached in your computer or stuff you previously googled.
ha ha, no, it's not. Google ads aren't that smart.

nice try, all the same
09-09-2017, 08:30   #52
1bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillhtfu View Post
You probably shouldn't be on the internet in work so and particularly when your boss is watching you 🤣
that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH
09-09-2017, 08:32   #53
Fighting Tao

Quote:

If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.
09-09-2017, 08:39   #54
1bryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Tao View Post
If your boss spots them you could suggest that work installs ad blocker software.

I can't say that I've ever had the same problem and I have been using aliexpress for years.

Clear your browser cache too while you're at it.
again, nope, there's nothing in my browser cache other than reams and reams of stackoverflow searches and an occasional visit to the guardian or boards.ie (unless you're suggesting one of those may be responsible?).

It's a canned image containing what I described (rather than a collection of individual images). If Image contains cycling-related stuff show to person who previously bought cycling stuff, type thing.
Advertisement
09-09-2017, 10:16   #55
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
They are very, very smart - that's why they have basically taken over the Internet.
(2) thanks from:
09-09-2017, 10:45   #56
Kaisr Sose

Quote:

nice try, all the same
I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.
Thanks from:
09-09-2017, 12:15   #57
Fighting Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisr Sose View Post
I think the opposite. Whatever I search for or view/read, I then see ads for these products / places when I am browsing.
Totally agree with this. It is GE way google ads operate.
09-09-2017, 17:20   #58
iwillhtfu

Quote:
that is some truly amazing advice. Thank you SO MUCH
You're welcome
09-09-2017, 17:24   #59
Weepsie

Quote:

nice try, all the same
Google ads are that smart. I got ads for plug sockets with inbuilt usb ports an hour after having a conversation about a redesign of our building and they were specifically talked about.

Changed my mic settings after
Thanks from:
09-09-2017, 17:30   #60
gordongekko

Quote:
but others are for a woman made out of latex (yes, you read that right)
What a time to be alive
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion