Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL plus app

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’ve no problem getting the free items in my local Lidl, got the biscuits last night

I’ve noticed now the scratch cards are stacking on the app, I had two to use last night and they both went through
    I’m sure previously if I had a voucher from a scratch card unused another one wouldn’t be issued

Have the scratch cards a use them or lose them date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,001 ✭✭✭✭zell12

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yes they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

7 days from scratching.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Choices choices ðŸ˜

DO I get for the dog or the cats 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Dog food or anchovies on the scratcher.

So neither then....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Anchovies 100%
    Great with a steak and some butter

Baggly wrote: »
    Dog food or anchovies on the scratcher.

So neither then....

Could you get it and hold onto it for animal rescue places as they usually do collections at different stages, or at my vet an animal charity volunteer comes every week or so to collect stuff, my dog was put on special dog food and I had full unopened bag and a just opened bag of supermarket dog food and I left it there, great that it was put to use

florawest wrote:
    Could you get it and hold onto it for animal rescue places as they usually do collections at different stages, or at my vet an animal charity volunteer comes every week or so to collect stuff, my dog was put on special dog food and I had full unopened bag and a just opened bag of supermarket dog food and I left it there, great that it was put to use

That's a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭tx_tx

I’ve noticed now the scratch cards are stacking on the app, I had two to use last night and they both went through
    I’m sure previously if I had a voucher from a scratch card unused another one wouldn’t be issued

I'm sure that's not new, I remember noticing 2 scratchers in my app and thinking it was a bug, but it was just that I had forgotten the last one.

• Advertisement

Yeah where u have had two I've been able to use two. Not a new thing I think.

I did it again today with some free biscuits from the weekend and a 1 euro off from Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Was hoping I wouldn't get the dog food or anchovies as I don't eat either. I lucked out and got the euro off.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭darklighter

oneweb wrote: »
    Tesco, Dunnes, Supervalu et al do this all the time. Mam noticed it years ago - price gets jacked up two or three weeks before it's 'reduced' or 'special offered'. In particular, Vaseline handcream 400ml is always €4 in Homesaver, yet the supermarkets (in cartel fashion) have it at €8 'down to' €4

Whereabouts is Homesaver? If its the white Vaseline cream you're talking about, i predominantly use this as my moisturiser & i can guarantee you that this is c. €8 the majority of the time in the supermarkets for the 400ml bottle, so they definitely arent only putting it up before reducing it. Not saying it doesnt happen, but you could pick a better example

Back on topic, Lidl are really bad at predicting the demand for the plus offers, as well as the super savers - couldnt get strawberries at the weekend and took 3 trips to get 1 pack of the Duck breasts. You dont need to be a genius to figure out those 2 items are going to be partculary popular Valentines weekend & pancake tuesday :rolleyes:

Isn’t that what Lidl want when you think about it
    3 trips to get an item and chances are you buy something else
    Genius marketing at work by Lidl rather than being really bad at stocking the shop

I was in twice and no blueberries or strawberries, yes chances are I always pick up an item or two but usually something we need like milk or bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

Whereabouts is Homesaver? If its the white Vaseline cream you're talking about, i predominantly use this as my moisturiser & i can guarantee you that this is c. €8 the majority of the time in the supermarkets for the 400ml bottle, so they definitely arent only putting it up before reducing it. Not saying it doesnt happen, but you could pick a better example

Back on topic, Lidl are really bad at predicting the demand for the plus offers, as well as the super savers - couldnt get strawberries at the weekend and took 3 trips to get 1 pack of the Duck breasts. You dont need to be a genius to figure out those 2 items are going to be partculary popular Valentines weekend & pancake tuesday :rolleyes:

OT but Homesaver/Supersavers always have the white Vaseline lotion for €3.99. There's a good few of those shops around the midlands and west but not sure if they're nationwide. The EuroGiant often have them for €4 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Has anyone else downloaded the app via Google Play and found that it had defaulted to GB outlets only so couldn't select a local Irish outlet ?

I'm using an Android tablet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Has anyone else downloaded the app via Google Play and found that it had defaulted to GB outlets only so couldn't select a local Irish outlet ?

No mine defaults to my local store.

are you using a VPN set to the UK ,possibly that could be the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭newincity

try to check country setting also. Once you download app, 1st it will ask country. maybe by mistake you picked UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭newincity

50c in scratch card today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

newincity wrote: »
    maybe by mistake you picked UK.

Actually I was looking at Lady's Gaelic Football details in the app today and the app just closed and re-opened in the .co.uk site :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

BowWow wrote: »
    Actually I was looking at Lady's Gaelic Football details in the app today and the app just closed and re-opened in the .co.uk site :eek:

That happened to me as well. I just closed the app and opened it again and it was back on the Irish one.

Toasting waffles or Mini muffins on scratchcard

Finally managed to register correctly (new phone was more cooperative than old tablet).

Does the An Post Moneyback scheme also apply to Lidl Plus purchases ???

Finally managed to register correctly (new phone was more cooperative than old tablet).

Does the An Post Moneyback scheme also apply to Lidl Plus purchases ???

You get moneyback on receipt totals; they dont look at each item on the receipt to determine your discount, just the total; so yep as long as you pay for something, it counts towards your moneyback (above €25 of course).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow never heard of that An Post scheme, looks great, I do most of our shopping in Lidl

pc7 wrote: »
    Wow never heard of that An Post scheme, looks great, I do most of our shopping in Lidl

It's a feature of the An Post Current Account, 5% back on Lidl purchases and various other percentage moneybacks on purchases in a handful of other outlets.

Yeah i got the An Post credit card since we were doing our shopping there anyway. Basically an additional 5% discount across everything if you use it right.

In the past year ive gotten about €300 back. Was good during last summer and that when we invested in some big purchases during the lockdown - hoovers, garden stuff; that sort of thing.

This week's scratchcards:
    50c off
    Toasting waffles or Mini muffins
    Organic sweetcorn tin or Bubbly chocolate 100g

4 times in Lidl today and each time I used the App, the 2 scratch and win vouchers never disappeared despite my efforts to use them up :rolleyes:.
    The last time that happened, they eventually went off my app the following day.

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    4 times in Lidl today and each time I used the App, the 2 scratch and win vouchers never disappeared despite my efforts to use them up :rolleyes:.
    The last time that happened, they eventually went off my app the following day.
    superspreader.png?fit=1200%2C1000&ssl=1:D

zell12 wrote: »
    superspreader.png?fit=1200%2C1000&ssl=1:D

Knew I'd forgot something,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,butter. ;).

App offers 25/02
    kitchen towels, washing detergent, ice lollies mini-mix, merlot wine
    goshi veg snacks, eggs, bread, lucozade, pork loin roast, granola mix

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

That's a fine week for the FortuneChip household.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone know what the wine and pork are like? Worth a punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,173 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone know what the wine and pork are like? Worth a punt?

The Chilean merlot is v nice.
    Probably not an issue but it has the plastic cork so not one to leave lying around too long.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

25/02
    Hl1iYyh.png

Could you please post higher resolution version next time? I had to really zoom in to see the details :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The Chilean merlot is v nice.
    Probably not an issue but it has the plastic cork so not one to leave lying around too long.

Not a problem jn my house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

How come there is €2 off the wine, i thought alcohol was now exempt from vouchers and promotions such as this.

cheekypup wrote: »
    How come there is €2 off the wine, i thought alcohol was now exempt from vouchers and promotions such as this.

Please don’t rat them out! ;)

• Advertisement

The app is free. They cant give you a discount on alcohol for purchasing another product.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The app is free. They cant give you a discount on alcohol for purchasing another product.

I used to get vouchers in the post from tesco that were free, I used them sometimes to buy only alcohol without purchasing another product, but I cant any more.

I used to get vouchers in the post from tesco that were free, I used them sometimes to buy only alcohol without purchasing another product, but I cant any more.

That wasnt a voucher for a particular item... you had to spend X for the voucher to be valid.
    Lidl cant include a voucher for spend X on wine or buy 6 bottles get 25 percent off.
    They can include a voucher for discount on purchase of the specified item only.

Now i understand. The last thing I wanted to do was clog up the thread with the new laws regarding alcohol purchases, thanks for resolving that quick and concisely.

50c off next coupon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Be aware it looks like it is coming to an end in April according to an email this poster got from An Post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116377904&postcount=103

Yeah bit of a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Baggly wrote: »
    Yeah bit of a sickener.

Wonder was the offer a bit too generous and starting to become loss making? 5% back on all purchases over 25 euro would save the average family a few hundred a year ! I was going to sign up to An post when i saw that Lidl offer myself also.

Id say for both An Post and Lidl (and maybe the other retailers involved) it was a tool to try attract new customers, and it ran its course (i.e. it reached the end of its life and/or attracted them the customers they wanted). Ulster Bank used to do a similar scheme. It makes sense as a way to get people on board, but its a promotional tool, so was always going to run its course, imo.

It was very very advantageous - Lidl is cheap enough as it is, but to be getting another 5% on your weekly shop is excellent, and then for the last 9 months or so, we have been getting freebies on Lidl Plus too.

Im sad to see it go but sure what can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Be aware it looks like it is coming to an end in April according to an email this poster got from An Post
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116377904&postcount=103

Does it only affect the credit card? It seems to be still advertised as a feature on their current account https://www.anpost.com/Money/Current-Account/Earn-Moneyback I know there is a €5 a month charge for that service but it you offset the €30 stamp duty charge on a credit card there isn't a huge difference, assuming you are a regular lidl shopper to take advantage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement