Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Miaow :P

Oooops. Serves me right for being corny. I'll leave it unedited cos it's probably funnier than my 'joke'.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Oooops. Serves me right for being corny. I'll leave it unedited cos it's probably funnier than my 'joke'.

I quite like the fact you squeezed two jokes out of so few words ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kitchen side. Visitors on the way and they are bringing special herbs :p

Like Sage and thyme ??
    Get the food ready for the big Munch later on...Have fun !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Kitchen side. Visitors on the way and they are bringing special herbs

I fuking love love love oregano... :D

Listening to Jagged Little Pill. What an album!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Couchside after a yummy steak and chips dinner. Going to have a bath, Mr Sam and minions busy making Lego.
    Non eventful but nice Saturday so far.
    Great to see you back Graces7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,283 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Onshuh wrote: »
    Listening to Jagged Little Pill. What an album!

It feels so good swimming in your stomach.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Poor Seph

Still couch side reading

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

4Ad wrote: »
    Like Sage and thyme ??
    Get the food ready for the big Munch later on...Have fun !!

All i want now is roast chicken :(

• Advertisement

I think I know where I am. Back from France having serious body pain from a couple of weeks of wind surfing kite surfing sand surfing paragliding hanggliding sand dune bodyboarding and fishing and swimming. I have not hurt this much all over since the first time I tried to compete at martial arts and got my ass handed to me badly before by a disqualification getting the chance to compete again and dragging myself like karate kid back into the ring _without_ magic mr miagi hot hand massage - got my ass handed to me even worse the second time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭4Ad

All i want now is roast chicken :(

Ah Grem, Meat is Murder !!!

4Ad wrote: »

Tasty, tasty murder.. :pac:

4Ad wrote:

That's fowl talk altogether... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Onshuh wrote: »
    I fuking love love love oregano... :D

Do you love love it or do you love love Oregano?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, I emailed about the autism presentations recently, there'll be no autism presentations this year cos of COVID and social distancing rules, but hopefully I'll get back to it next year :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I wish ☹️

Lying on my bed dying with a headache all day since I woke up ☹️ it's beginning to clear I think at last.

AWWW! I did hope! I spent my (long ago ) childhood longing for a cat. All i was allowed was a budgie and the free goldfish the rag and bone man gave away.

All things come to those who wait! Not quite sure how I ended up with SO MANY CATS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I'm getting ready to wrestle with, and swear at, the lawnmower.

I think some wine, a bath and an early night are in my not-too-distant future. I feel like I should be preparing to hibernate with the other sensible mammals.

Happy Saturday, wherers! :)

My long driveway has turned into the loveliest wild flower meadow. There is a narrow path through the thigh high greenery. I am seeing wild flowers that are new here.

Was so looking forward all day to putting my feet up with a new book my friend highly recommended.
    Read 4 pages and it's too highbrow for my liking.
    I'm at a loose end now with no reading material :(

Was so looking forward all day to putting my feet up with a new book my friend highly recommended.

Would you read a book online?.

I bought two new books on Friday and I'm itching to read them but I won't let myself until I have my coursework handed in on Monday. The Body by Bill Bryson and Anxious People by Fredrick Backman. (Did I spell that right? I don't think so!)

Anyway, I can sniff them though... Mmmmm new book smell!!! You can indulge in this most delicious of new book activities too! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love a new book smell :D I have 2 new books to start Chris Carter : Written in blood and Catherine Howard Ryan :The Nothing Man :)

I’m thinking early night with those 2 :D

Couchside listening to Jagged Little Pill (thanks Onshuh). She was only 19 when that was released. :eek: Remember it so well, and thinking at the time that she was genius. Must give the new one a twirl; "Reasons I Drink", made me laugh so much when I heard it!

Back from dinner and a stroll around Grafton St area in Dublin. City is dead as, just so sad for a Saturday night. I'e decided it's time to just get on with it: no more news, waiting, cancelling or talking about when this is over. So, replanning, and looking forward to a different type of autumn and winter. Needs must. I smell lots of new books :D And oregano :p

Hope y'all well.
    I haven't had a cat in years, and now I'm not travelling, perhaps it's time :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headache has mostly cleared thank fook!

Deskside with a cupan tae and two biscuits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I bought two new books on Friday and I'm itching to read them but I won't let myself until I have my coursework handed in on Monday. The Body by Bill Bryson and Anxious People by Fredrick Backman. (Did I spell that right? I don't think so!)

Anyway, I can sniff them though... Mmmmm new book smell!!! You can indulge in this most delicious of new book activities too! :D

I bought The Body a few days back, really liked A Complete History of Almost Everything so I'm looking forward to reading it but It's gone to my Mum first as she's going to be off her feet for a while after an operation.
    I haven't read much this week because life has provided me with plenty of distractions.
    Cali_girl wrote: »
    Couchside listening to Jagged Little Pill (thanks Onshuh). She was only 19 when that was released. :eek: Remember it so well, and thinking at the time that she was genius. Must give the new one a twirl; "Reasons I Drink", made me laugh so much when I heard it!

The fcuk?! :eek:

@cali girl. I drove through the area of my city last night where all the nightclubs are. Haven't been near there on a weekend in months and must admit it was weird to see it so empty. Usually there would be people falling all around the place. Running out in front of cars. Starting fights. Getting sick. Hugging, kissing, laughing. Eating manky kebabs. But there was nothing, except a huge line of taxis and nobody getting into them. Sometimes I say .. "if I just woke from a coma would I know the world had changed?" Well last night I thought.. 'yeah, I'd know there was something seriously wrong here!!'

kowloon wrote: »
    I bought The Body a few days back, really liked A Complete History of Almost Everything so I'm looking forward to reading it but It's gone to my Mum first as she's going to be off her feet for a while after an operation.
    I haven't read much this week because life has provided me with plenty of distractions.

I read the first few pages of it in someone elses house last month and been meaning to get a copy since. It's always annoyed me that I live in this body but don't really understand the workings of it. Like it's a bit mad that all humans aren't experts on our own bodies!

Would you read a book online?.

Not a hope! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

perhaps it's time :)

Prehaps its also time you switched your tea brand to Barry's :pac:

Not a hope! :D

Thumb twiddling it is!.

Ya can't beat a good twiddle...

• Advertisement

I read the first few pages of it in someone elses house last month and been meaning to get a copy since. It's always annoyed me that I live in this body but don't really understand the workings of it. Like it's a bit mad that all humans aren't experts on our own bodies!

Not everyone wants to know how the sausage is made, others skip right to the bits about the sausage. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

kowloon wrote: »
    Re Alanis...
    Just double checked... released when she was 21, but written when she was 19/20.
    Just wikipedia'd her, really mad Catholic upbringing, mixed with travel, precocious talent, mixed up with early relationships/being teen tv star. I love people who overcome AND are dry and sarcastic :o This from her is what's making me laugh right now:

BB, yup, that was exactly it... like it wasn't post-apocalyptic or anything, just exactly as you say, not right at all.
    Prehaps its also time you switched your tea brand to Barry's :pac:
    Meanwhile...
    524739.jpeg

Harsh :pac:

Harsh :pac:

Indeed, a tad big/(aggressive) in fairness :pac:

Indeed, a tad big/(aggressive) in fairness :pac:

Agreed you should at least give it a try like :pac:

You don't see the lyon's folk trying to strongarm anyone :pac: :rolleyes:

In bed feeling all masterful after a cup of Barry's master blend... :D

You don't see the lyon's folk trying to strongarm anyone :pac: :rolleyes:

Not strongarming gremlin, merely trying to point ye good people on the road to better quality tea :pac: :-P

Re Alanis...
    Just double checked... released when she was 21, but written when she was 19/20.
    Just wikipedia'd her, really mad Catholic upbringing, mixed with travel, precocious talent, mixed up with early relationships/being teen tv star. I love people who overcome AND are dry and sarcastic :o This from her is what's making me laugh right now:

Always assumed she was older, seemed so worldly.

• Advertisement

Agreed you should at least give it a try like :pac:
    You' know I'm google imaging ="up to 1MB" right now*
    Don't make me :)

OMG
    Public Service Announcement: NEVER EVER google "giant teabags" :eek::eek::eek:
    I think I'm damaged forever :eek: What is wrong with people?

Cali_girl wrote:
    OMG Public Service Announcement: NEVER EVER google "giant teabags" I think I'm damaged forever What is wrong with people?

:pac:

Genuine lol there :pac:

Ok that's enough Strong arming convincing for one night :pac:

200.gif

OMG

I'll never get over looking for an image of an orifice plate flowmeter a long time ago in a more innocent time.

OMG

Wahahahahahaha!

• Advertisement

Nothing untoward when i google it, though my search history is spotless i guess.

Still looking for something untoward on google

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm awake, soon to be asleep again, to dream of giant teabags ...

I can't believe Alanis Morissette was so young when Jagged Little Pill was released. The cynicism and life experience in the lyrics made me think she was in her 30s and just had great genes.

I won't be blaming any wherers for my late night musings tonight, especially not Onshuh and Cali ...

I remember getting that album and there was some very clever wordplay on it along with what i took as a voice of experience, could NOT believe how young she was.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement