Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clamped

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gannicus wrote: »
    Em.... not sure if this has been mentioned but are you sure it's a good idea to be posting your ma's car reg on an public web page for everyone to see.

Short answer is

NO

Poster made the numbers up. See the e.g.?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Gannicus wrote: »
    Em.... not sure if this has been mentioned but are you sure it's a good idea to be posting your ma's car reg on an public web page for everyone to see.

Short answer is

NO

In fairness its probably a made up reg.

Even if it's the real one. What difference does it make? Sure I can read anyone's reg on the road.

Paranoia is very high mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,183 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The only error was the one made by the mother inputting the reg. There was no parking paid for the vehicle that was clamped.

there was full parking paid for the vehicle that was actually clamped however.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

there was full parking paid for the vehicle that was actually clamped however.

how could there be if the wrong reg was entered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The only error was the one made by the mother inputting the reg. There was no parking paid for the vehicle that was clamped.

Or to be more exact. There was no parking paid for the registration associated to the clamped car.

Clampers may be big and bad but they're not mind-readers and can't be expected to anticipate human error as was the case here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

PARlance wrote: »
    Or to be more exact. There was no parking paid for the registration associated of the clamped car.

Clampers may be big and bad but they're not mind-readers and can't be expected to anticipate human error as was the case here.

Correction accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

PARlance wrote: »
    Or to be more exact. There was no parking paid for the registration associated to the clamped car.

100%, if you are a clamper and have a car park with 2-300 cars in it, what is the easiest way to see if the car has paid?? I'd go by the last 2 or three numbers of the reg, wouldn't care about the rest until I was confirming it was the correct car. If there is a car there not on the list, it's fair game to clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭timfinnegan

100%, if you are a clamper and have a car park with 2-300 cars in it, what is the easiest way to see if the car has paid?? I'd go by the last 2 or three numbers of the reg, wouldn't care about the rest until I was confirming it was the correct car. If there is a car there not on the list, it's fair game to clamp.

Why don't the clampers link the car reg you enter to the national vehicle data base, like they do at Dublin Airport Authority parking? This would prevent anyone from entering the incorrect reg number, as this system confirms the make, model and colour of your car to the number you've input

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

99% of people who are clamped deserve it and I wish there were more of it.

For every genuine story like the OP, there's a 100 ignorant fcukwits with a sense of entitlement.

You have 1 too many fckuwits there mate.
    Unless of course you just made up those statistics....

Advertisement