Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

people need to be warned, thats why there are regulators, consumer protection groups. people need to be protected from themselves

"Some strange folk around here these days with warnings about spending our own money lol"

Did any strange folk tell you not to buy an apartment in dublin or bulgaria during the celtic tiger? also stats are saying alot of people borrow for xmas. So alot of money spent isnt there own.

I have no vested interest, just think the conversation is very narrow about saving 10euro here and there. well i dont think its really saving. But anyway.

On the stacking up non-perishables. in my experience, i had to do a clean out of the cupboard of tins of chickpeas and packet rice. when i bought them i thought id eat them within a year. but i didnt.

Also, one of my point is about the amount of effort. i can see people heading to tesco on the date of expiry of the voucher. would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family. i hated xmas when i was a kid. parents just disappeared all weekend to do shopping. they could have brought me to the zoo or spent better family time together.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family

:eek:
    You sure you are posting on the correct thread? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Oh good.... Another dogooders brigade.....

All I want to know is savings and great to hear people are and what they get.

Why not start another thread of people want to preach.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Oh good.... Another dogooders brigade.....

All I want to know is savings and great to hear people are and what they get.

Why not start another thread of people want to preach.

ok, i wont dogooder brigade anymore, i hope you considered my points above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

sdraobs wrote: »
    Also, one of my point is about the amount of effort. i can see people heading to tesco on the date of expiry of the voucher. would you not prefer to forgo saving the 10 euro and spend time relaxing or with family. i hated xmas when i was a kid. parents just disappeared all weekend to do shopping. they could have brought me to the zoo or spent better family time together.

Now that's a bit ridiculous. Most people go to Dunnes or Tesco once a week anyway. And you don't save €10. If its a big family shop then it will probably be closer to €200, so €4o saved.

Is there a bah humbug anti Christmas forum around here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Is there a bah humbug anti Christmas forum around here?

Probably find one in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ablelocks

people need to be warned, thats why there are regulators, consumer protection groups. people need to be protected from themselves

"Some strange folk around here these days with warnings about spending our own money lol"

Did any strange folk tell you not to buy an apartment in dublin or bulgaria during the celtic tiger? also stats are saying alot of people borrow for xmas. So alot of money spent isnt there own.

I have no vested interest, just think the conversation is very narrow about saving 10euro here and there. well i dont think its really saving. But anyway.

On the stacking up non-perishables. in my experience, i had to do a clean out of the cupboard of tins of chickpeas and packet rice. when i bought them i thought id eat them within a year. but i didnt.

you forgot to say "don't want to be the one to pontificate, but..." at the start of your post.
    i hope you considered my points above

I did, briefly, and have come to the conclusion that they are not worth considering.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

The conversation is very narrow because this is a thread about Tesco spend & save vouchers. If you want to post off topic, you really should take it elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,288 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Has anyone used these for tesco extra products like clothes, screenwash etc ?

They are not exluded in the list on the coupon eg no medicines.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭rule supreme

Can tesco call credit be included when using a voucher .

• Advertisement

Can tesco call credit be included when using a voucher .

Yes. I stock up on mobile call credit whenever I have Tesco spend & save vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

mac.in wrote: »
    Voucher

u3stSQy.png

Thank you kindly. Scanned perfectly from my phone and dropped a random piece of paper into the self service checkout. Got a physical voucher back after spending 35 exactly (after applying the coupon).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭glen123

For those shopping online, last week the driver took the vouchers and i got the money back into my account 2 working days later. Today a different driver refused to take them, said smth changed and i should call Customer service. Rang them and they apologised and put through the money back to my account. They didn't ask for any proof i actually had the vouchers, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Great yesterday to see the till operators in tesco Extra Dundalk sending people who had grocery bills over €45 over to get a newspaper to get the discount.
    Could be company policy but i think they still deserve a wee bit of a bula bos.Well done folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Used a €10 off €45 voucher from the paper yesterday, total spend was €42ish, I got back 2 more €10 off €45 vouchers, happy days.

One bad thing about them is they are not valid for 3 days, Dunnes vouchers are valid the next day after purchase. I do have some others I got in newspapers to keep me going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Went into Tesco with a supply of vouchers today - including 4 of the online Indo vouchers shared on here (thank you!). I bought 2 phones totalling €300. The cashier took 6 vouchers, including the 4 online ones, saving me a grand total of €60! Happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,290 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Quick query, someone has asked me to get them a ps4 for a present for their husband (lucky fecker) but anyway can I scan the pdf a few times at the self service checkout or would a print out be better or is it all the same thing ?

My educated guess would be No would be No!

So you don’t think having a few paper print outs of the pdf will work ?

I think it's one voucher per transaction but try it.

I used a spend and save €16 off €80 and €10 off €45 added together and I soent €130 last week and saved €26 but I don’t have any more Tesco paper ones that’s why I was wondering about the pdf

Sorry it might work.
    We spent €145 in Tesco on Friday.
    We had 2 €10 off €50 and one €10 off €45 so we got our shopping for €115.
    We had to split it into three separate transactions tough.

I tried scanning off my phone and no joy at all.

• Advertisement

I tried scanning off my phone and no joy at all.

It should work fine (did for me yesterday), unless the store you tried it in still has tills with older laser barcode-scanners which can't read mobile screens.

The Tesco app now has a menu option to bring up your Clubcard barcode for scanning at the tills so I would have assumed the tills in most, if not all, stores can read mobile screens.

Quackster wrote: »
    It should work fine (did for me yesterday), unless the store you tried it in still has tills with older laser barcode-scanners which can't read mobile screens.

The Tesco app now has a menu option to bring up your Clubcard barcode for scanning at the tills so I would have assumed the tills in most, if not all, stores can read mobile screens.

I tried it and no joy, didn't recognize or scan at all.
    Had it bright screen and enlarged.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

I tried it and no joy, didn't recognize or scan at all. Had it bright screen and enlarged.

Ask the assistant, they'll scan/enter it, no probs when I showed it at the till.

So you don’t think having a few paper print outs of the pdf will work ?

Once you print out the number of vouchers you need, you should be absolutely fine. Scanning from the phone should work ok too but you're more likely to attract the unwanted attention of the supervisor as you shiftily stuff multiple random bits of paper into the 'vouchers' slot!

bladespin wrote: »
    Ask the assistant, they'll scan/enter it, no probs when I showed it at the till.

You mightn't get the same reaction from every member of staff you ask though so best only resort to that as a last option.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Quackster wrote: »
    Once you print out the number of vouchers you need, you should be absolutely fine. Scanning from the phone should work ok too but you're more likely to attract the unwanted attention of the supervisor as you shiftily stuff multiple random bits of paper into the 'vouchers' slot!

Just buy a bottle of alcohol on offer and distract them by sending them away to remove the anti theft device while you go for the scan and drop!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The newer scanners are '2d' and will pick up images on your phone, the older laser scanners won't. 2d scanners usually have a combination of colours, red and blue, or blue and green. Same as airport check in scanners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

I was in Tesco today with my voucher cut out of the paper.

Staff were asking people in the queue if they had them and if not, they were handing them out.

When I got my receipt, there were two more printed out with it.

They're not going hard on the T and C.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭theminstrel

Scanned fine from my phone but they wouldn't accept it at the till without a paper voucher in Ballincollig... Worked fine at self service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Scanned fine from my phone but they wouldn't accept it at the till without a paper voucher in Ballincollig... Worked fine at self service

Yeah the till workers will be told they are missing €10r outta their till if you have nothing to hand them

Works on self service for me but don’t scan until you’ve selected pay by card

Advertisement