Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ear piercings - sleeping

Options
  • 06-03-2019 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I got my ears pierced early December last year, for the first time. I find them a bit uncomfortable to sleep in sometimes and wondering would it be ok to sleep without them in? Or will they close up overnight?

The girl who pierced me said to leave earrings in for 6 months or they'll close up. So it's only been 3 months. But in any of your own experiences, when were you able to sleep earring free without having to painfully (almost) re-pierce yourself the next morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It totally depends on the jewellery. Some I can sleep in, some I can't. Probably trial and error until you find something comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caranica wrote: »
    It totally depends on the jewellery. Some I can sleep in, some I can't. Probably trial and error until you find something comfortable

Oh yeah there's definitely some that are much more uncomfortable than others. I'd love a night without having to wear them to sleep though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

If they are the type with a post maybe try switching to the small hoop type - I've always found hoops to be much more comfortable for sleeping, though they are a bit more awkward to put in in the first place :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I agree about the small hoop earrings! That's what I used when I first got mine pierced back when I was a teen. In fact, I believe they were known as "sleeper earrings" at the time!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Get the smallest studs you can, they should be less uncomfortable. I've had my ears pierced since I was 10 however I had to 're-pierce' my ears recently (with a pair of earrings) after not wearing earrings for ages. It's not pleasant but I'm wearing a really small pair of sterling silver studs which I find very comfortable unless I lie on them awkwardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

I had my nose pierced a few times (being silly and knocking it out after just a few weeks and causing the hole to close) and the last time I had it done it didn't heal for 9 months. I was constantly cleaning it with solutions and salt waters to stop the redness and even touching the tip of my nose would water my eyes. However, I changed the jewellery to a different stud and within a week it was PERFECT! It now only hurts when tugged at, as it should :)
    Super long story short; change your jewellery as your ears should definitely be more healed by now, especially the fleshy lobes :)

Advertisement